Sign in to follow this  
OrangeL

Nomcast

If you didn't know yet, we're doing a podcast (it's been in OT, now it's in news)

EPISODE 2 (Click to listen)

(If you're looking for Episode 1, it's on the RSS feed below)

In this episode, OrangeL, Phosphatide, and Strangemodule (and Javan) premiere the first full length NomCast, with new segments and a contest!

Email us at Posted Image with feedback, ideas, contest stuff, german suggestions, or questions for Strange!

This month, your host OrangeL and his new co-host Phosphatide team up with Strangemodule to bring you Nom's gossip and news all on your iPod.

This month we go over:

-News
-Javan's Mapcycle
-Strange's Mapping Corner
  -Basic mapping, intro to Hammer
-Minecraft Update
-TF2 
-Mannconomy vs Crafting
-Other Games:
  -Poker Night
  -Black Ops
-German with Javan!
  -Offensive things & basic German
-Forum gossip
-CONTEST
 -Listen in for details!!
-Random Wikipedia Article
This n' That:

We want your feedback! Email us at Posted Image with suggestions, feedback, shoutouts to people, or anything really.

New RSS feed! Get it here! It will be updated with every podcast. Now works with iTunes!

Also: We need cover art. If you have any submissions, email them in! You will be credited.

New episodes monthly!

Edited by ratty

"punching wood"

XD

nice, although kinda too long D:

It really isn't. Most podcasts I know run a show that lasts an hour, tri-weekly or so. This is about an hour or so long and is once a month. it's fine.

Watching topic... NOW!

It really isn't. Most podcasts I know run a show that lasts an hour, tri-weekly or so. This is about an hour or so long and is once a month. it's fine.

well, yeah, I have only listened to weekly podcasts of 30 or so minutes

BTW this isn't a serious thing, OrangeL just took the initiate to do it for fun, note there's no ads or sponsors. :)

Money would be greatly appreciated, though :) There still many things I need to get for the studio to be fully podcast functional. The first is skype call recording.

ALSO: THE RSS FEED HAS BEEN UPDATED TO WORK WITH ITUNES!

NEW RSS FEED HERE!

EXPECT NOMCAST TO BE ON THE ITUNES STORE WITHIN THE WEEK!

*also: Need suggestions for background music! Email them to the email.

Edited by OrangeL

Also: We need cover art. If you have any submissions, email them in! You will be credited.

I'm thinking of something right now, if you don't mind ;)

Also, a question/suggestion/whatever to Strange: a discussion about simmetric (5 CPs, CTF, PLR and KOTH) and assimetrical maps (PL and assault CP). Just a thought.

I'm thinking of something right now, if you don't mind ;)

Also, a question/suggestion/whatever to Strange: a discussion about simmetric (5 CPs, CTF, PLR and KOTH) and assimetrical maps (PL and assault CP). Just a thought.

What about them in particular? The pros and cons of making a map in those modes? How those modes differ in gameplay? Etc.

What about them in particular? The pros and cons of making a map in those modes? How those modes differ in gameplay? Etc.

everything

Yeah. Maybe an analysis of some maps/specific areas, why they were made the way they are, good level design vs a bad one, what the hell is wrong with 2fort,... you know, mapping advices. Or a conversation with other mappers.

...now that I think about it, it's kinda obvious stuff. Derp, my half-baked posts.

Anyway, it's yours the decision on what you say, so do what you think it's relevant.

Another question, to the minecrafters here: is there some important/recognizable item on Minecraft, akin to the Sandvich? I'm thinking on using something from both games on the podcast cover.

you had to apply to be a guest/cohost?

DAMN. I'M SLOW.

WHERE DO I APPLY FOR GUESTAGE. YOU KNOW YOU WANT ME.

you had to apply to be a guest/cohost?

DAMN. I'M SLOW.

WHERE DO I APPLY FOR GUESTAGE. YOU KNOW YOU WANT ME.

I would appreciate it if anyone who wanted to be a guest applied by emaiing, since it's easier to keep a record of.

If you just tell me I'll probably forget.

And Phosphatide is our permanent cohost... so only guests can apply now.

I would appreciate it if anyone who wanted to be a guest applied by emaiing, since it's easier to keep a record of.

If you just tell me I'll probably forget.

And Phosphatide is our permanent cohost... so only guests can apply now.

yeah yeah, no, i get that. and phos is the perfect cohost as is, anyway.

Sign in to follow this