Sign in to follow this  
K2.

Double Drop Rate Week

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=4822&p=1 the anouncer is mean but loves the holidays so... happy days oh happy days

and

Miss Pauling has stated her desire to gift each of you with a "stocking stuffer."

im thinking it will ethier be lkeys something new new randomly or random Edited by K2.

>computer still busted

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Ok so drop rate is double this week... is the item drop cap increased or shall I facepalm?

I'm kind of dissapointed with the freebie but free item is free item so I'm happy. Thank you Ms. Pauline, I'd give you an eagle but Saxton Hale is keeping them all. :3

P.D. IDLED SO HARD I GOT A BRASS BEAST AND 216-190-216 PAINT! :D

rate is doubled. The Drop cap isn't. Therefore you still have your 11 hours but your intervals is now smaller.

... Then what is the point of... I'll just be over here facepalming. Excuse me gentlemen. Edited by Draythan

If the drop cap is the same you get the same number of items in half the time. Useful if you can't play as much because of the holidays, not so much otherwise.

And yeah, I just reached my cap leaving the game idling by the night, didn't get double the items, just got faster to the cap.

The point is you'll get more crates since crates dont count towards your cap. More festive crates = more people buying keys, thus more money for valve.

We have a winner. Leave it to okami to figure it out :P

The point is you'll get more crates since crates dont count towards your cap. More festive crates = more people buying keys, thus more money for valve.

Im sure they count, as soon as i hit my cap and stop finding items, i stop finding anything.

Im sure they count, as soon as i hit my cap and stop finding items, i stop finding anything.

they don't count towards the limit itself, but i guess the system is made so that when you hit your limit, all technical drops are stopped which includes crates and valve is all "whoops, our plan is foiled by our own plan"

You have to keep in mind how the drop system works. It doesn't drop like 10 items, then it's done. You have a chance of getting items for 11 hours. Theoretically, you could get an item every 10 minutes if you were lucky.

Crates are less common than items and it was confirmed by Robin.

Posted Image

Crates are less common than items and it was confirmed by Robin.

Posted Image

So how come i only find them after the item limit has been reset and stop finding them when ive hit that cap.

If they are on their own timer then how come i don't find them all week, or i find them for the period my items drop.

Thank you Double Drop Week, cause I got myself a Sober Stuntsman! ^-^

...Crates are less common than weapons...

.....Bullshit. I've gotten like 5 crates for every 1 item I find >_>

I return home, and this happens. Awesome. Guess whos idling tonight after a month of inactivity?

What is this? Valve giving KEYS that work on ANY CRATE?

If was was any less wary I would call this GENEROSITY.

...It's another sale ploy to get us hooked on crates, but a free key is a free key. It's nice to know Valve is still interested in making us happy.

I've found 35 items since last night, but only 3 crates, and one festive. I'll let that speak for itself as to what the deal is.

One of them was a hat, btw. Batter's Helm

Some points of clarity: there is not "item drop cap", only "item drop time limit". Once you get an item, the system "rolls" for when you will get your next item. If this roll would bring you over the 11 hours of playtime that week (or possibly more, because you can carry some time over from the previous week), then the remainder of the time is transfered to the next time-limit reset.

Example: It's friday, and I've played 10.2 hours so far this week. I get a drop, and the system rolls .9 hours for my next drop. Since this would exceed the 11 hour playtime limit this week (I have no carry-over time), I will get my next drop after .1 hours of playtime during the next week.

Note that tools are on a separate roll as items, as well as Hats. Both are subject to the 11 hour rule, but hats have a significally longer delay, often close to 100 hours..

Example: I get a hat after 5 hours of playtime one week. My next hat roll is 111 hours. Assuming I play the full 11 hours each week, I will find my next hat 11 weeks from now, after 6 hours of gametime that week.

As for how they're dealing with doubling the item drop rate, they're probably taking each roll and cutting it in half for this week only. I have no idea how that might affect hat rolls. (Maybe they don't).

With that being said, I wont be playing until the 31st. Eff emm ell.

That's a bit of an outlandish claim as to how the system works, but it does explain why the drop cap seems to vary from player to player, week to week.