Sign in to follow this  
ratty

How to record a demo (discussion)

I'm not sure what I'm looking at, what is too small? The chat text? it looks fine to me.

I meant the icon and what's most important the time, what's left. my game is running in wide screen...it's really small now!

But back to my demo problem...can anybody tell me, if the last minor update broke my demo? if so...I don't want to botter, but can anybody who has a backup get me a video out of the demo? I really would appreciate it!

Anyone know how I remove the "This person is carrying a razorback (or any weapon)" thing in the bottom left corner? It takes up too much room when I record stuff back. :cry:

I tried using free download to install Winrar and watch the videos from nom nom to find a specific clip for the nomtage, but I can't figure out how to watch the videos! Winrar doesn't seem to be working for me, so do I need to go buy it or am I missing something?

I got everything to work this time... but when I got to the step of virtual dub, it only plays 196 frames of the whole video...

And BTW, for ticks, the tickrate on TF2 is locked at 66.6 ticks per seconds, or 4000 ticks per second.

what? is is that supposed to be 4000 ticks per minute? or what?

Havent been through all the pages and read your post quickly but i have a problem/glitch.

Every single time i try to "startmovie namehere avi" i have to ALT-TAB to choose the codec. And you expect it now, when i alt-tab back the most of the map is black -.-

Any solutions you know or advise?

Yes, see the original guide for the "alternate method".

Thanks, i was expecting that. I think i will not make any movies then since every second takes 3-4 seconds to capture. I just removed loads of tga files ^^

Still thanks for the fast reply.

Ok I just revamped it to remove the AVI method and just explain TGA. The AVI thing is fail, I dont want to use non-opensource DivX crap, and thats the only codec the AVI method works with.. supposedly, I haven't even tested that.

with TGA you're still limited on time, but its a lot longer.

I just wanted to ask...if I disable the chatbar and such with this codes:

sv_cheats 1

cl_drawhud 0 (this will remove the Hud and only show the world)

r_drawviewmodel 0 (prevents from drawing the persons arms when in first person

how do I enable them back again?

or you can:

sv_cheats 1
hidepanel_all
That's what i use.

When I view a demo, the huntsman is not showing up, it just shows the sniper's hands. Any idea how to fix this?

When I view a demo, the huntsman is not showing up, it just shows the sniper's hands. Any idea how to fix this?

As far as i know, no.

Damn, that sucks :(... so if I use the guide explained here, the weapon will display in the video? Is there a way to use fraps?

Damn, that sucks :(... so if I use the guide explained here, the weapon will display in the video? Is there a way to use fraps?

fraps works the same as the demo recorder. it's just a matter of timing the record button when the event starts. i use fraps too.