Sign in to follow this  
Pixel

Can't Get Some Demo Files To Load...?

http://gamedownloads.nom-nom-nom.us/tf2demos/main/2011-06/auto-20110626-1806-cp_dustbowl.dem.7z

http://gamedownloads.nom-nom-nom.us/tf2demos/main/2011-06/auto-20110626-1840-pl_thundermountain.dem.7z

Those are the ones I was trying to download and get some footage off of. I extracted them to my tf folder, then loaded them with the shift + f2 thing, it shows that new replay loading screen and then just goes back to the menu. I try to hit play and it does the same thing. Older demos are working though D:

Is it something with me or tf2?

All help is appreciated, thanks ^_^

Happening to me as well, I was just about to post this too.

Hopefully its fixed soon, replays are nifty but Demos are still best

Happening to me as well, I was just about to post this too.

Hopefully its fixed soon, replays are nifty but Demos are still best

I hope these demos are still useable. Had some cool stuff I wanted to record XD

But yeah I don't know whats causing it.

Getting the same problem. Source Tv is probably recording botched demofiles.

Posted Image

fuuuuu! So I guess that means they won't be working. Sadface.

This happens whenever there is an update to tf2, as well as threads on the issue. :P Bottom line is, valve suxxor at demos and they do not work with different versions. The only way to see them is to load them with a client that was at the same version as when it was recorded.

This happens whenever there is an update to tf2, as well as threads on the issue. :P Bottom line is, valve suxxor at demos and they do not work with different versions. The only way to see them is to load them with a client that was at the same version as when it was recorded.

Except the demofiles I was using was way after the update.

Yeah, I'm getting this error too. Very frustrating when I was planning on trying to record something for once :c

Apparently it's an outstanding problem with the latest big update - nobody else has sourcetv demos working either atm. Older demos appear to be playable though, so it looks like it's a problem with the demoui loader. We were hoping yesterday's bugfix would address it, but it doesn't look like it. :(

I tried it again today just to make sure it was still broken, since none of the update notes said anything at all about fixing this, and it worked for me.

I enabled the autorecording now, lets see how well it works now from now on.

(note that I just enabled it now, if you're reading this immediately after I posted this, you have to wait for 2 map changes before any files will appear)