Sign in to follow this  
Goombac

Arena_Stormhang

Thanks, and no there are 2 small medkits. Since it's symmetrical there's another one in the same place on the opposite end. I only wanted to have one, but it didn't fit anywhere in the middle. But it's in the wide open so you'd have to get out of cover to get it so it may be a good pay off.

Thanks, and no there are 2 small medkits. Since it's symmetrical there's another one in the same place on the opposite end. I only wanted to have one, but it didn't fit anywhere in the middle. But it's in the wide open so you'd have to get out of cover to get it so it may be a good pay off.

That sounds good. Just as long as it isn't like Dropdown.

Looks nice! I like the theme too, you gonna pull the textures from thundermountain, sawmill, and so forth?

From what I see, I already see possible airstab locations, rocket jump advantages, Sniper sniping... snipering snipe? Also hide and Demospam.

I would love to see this on nom, amazing job making your first map! :D

Edited by Highwind

So like sawmill and as long as the ammo kits are not near the health then it should be fine.

Looks nice! I like the theme too, you gonna pull the textures from thundermountain, sawmill, and so forth?From what I see, I already see possible airstab locations, rocket jump advantages, Sniper sniping... snipering snipe? Also hide and Demospam.I would love to see this on nom, amazing job making your first map! :D

Thanks, and it's probably more towards Sawmill, it's already using the same lighting, skybox, rain and soundscapes lol. And this isn't really my first map, just released map. I have a ton of unfinished shit on my computer.

So like sawmill and as long as the ammo kits are not near the health then it should be fine.

Not really near, as in next to each other. But there are some ammo kits spread throughout the map. I think 2 in the middle below the bridge, 1 in either side building, and 2 on either side of the map.

HEY GOOMBIE, YOU WEREN'T ON LAST NIGHT WHEN YOU LET ME TEST IT OUT:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540651622732742594/4C15FAA0A354C48C6F09457B5104FC92FED706E3/

Also one of the only times my fps is good...

Aaaand the middle point for capture is a bit meh, weird to get into, its more of a one way only thing I don't know.

ALSO THIS MAP WORKS FOR DX8, YAAAAAAY.

Yeah, if you downloaded it from the link I gave you, you might want to try it again from the link on the tf2maps page. I forgot to build the cubemaps so the reflections in the earlier one are screwy.

And also, it's only a1 which means minimal props & detail. Hopefully it stays running fine though.

And about the point, I wanted it to be a bit closed off, but you can get in from the roof (if solly/demo) and hop the railing to get in/out, so there's more than only the hallway to get in and out of the point.

And about the point, I wanted it to be a bit closed off, but you can get in from the roof (if solly/demo) and hop the railing to get in/out, so there's more than only the hallway to get in and out of the point.

Bit neglection to sniper/spy/medic/engineer though? D: Maybe lower that platform from the "out"side one a bit lower or something and extend the point so it doesn't do a perfect fit maybe.

I really enjoyed the map when we tested it out on nom.

I didn't get to see the whole map (I kept dying over and over) But really, this map is far more enjoyable than any of those crazy maps I've bumped in some other servers I have been at.

Although maybe some of the rooms are just a bit too dark.

Thanks everyone! And thanks Baker & William for playing this on the server, and Neh for adding it to the list. There's a tf2maps gameday with this map in it tomorrow starting at 2:00 PM PDT. If you guys want to join, ip is 66.151.244.51:27015.

And a2 should be out sometime after that, either later this week or next.

Bumpity bump.

I was looking through the maplist and saw/remembered this. I really liked where this map was going, any chance you'll refine it?

Aww shucks. I will some time, I'm done school now, so I have more time to mess around with this.