Sign in to follow this  
Draythan

Everyone Is Giving Feedback? I Want To Do It Too!

Humilliation round  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should something be done to humilliation round?

• Vanilla (no respawn, no FF, songs go over the setup next round)
    • Health high enough to prevent death spam
    • Noclip
    • It's fine the way it is just alt+tab if you don't like it.

Humilliation round.

Some are using it to boost their kills with strange weapons.

Some just love to spam rockets/grenades/the minigun and stack points like crazies.

And with the new Friendly Fire now you can have the spam inside your own spawnroom.

I'll talk for myself because I don't know what is inside everyone's mind.

I hate it. I go afk while it's on because the noise of constant explotions and death screams it's a pain and I come back when it's over.

I've seen admins set their health way up to avoid death (they have their reasons, but still) and that's actually what got me thinking...

If even some admins dislike it why is it there?

I remember people complained long ago about it, then Friendly Fire was added, and it was ok for a while, now it has become the same spam inside both spawnrooms.

I started killing my own teammates because it gives me something to do while waiting for the round to end, at least if I am outside the spawnroom because if I'm inside it's more likely that I'll be stuck inside the explotion or minigun spam and will check my mail while the humilliation lasts.

I know the main idea is to fool around when the round ends, but I am tired of waiting so long for the next round, the points stack, the friendly fire and people who abuse it to stack the kills for their weapons (we've become an "achievement" server :D). It is really hard to make humilliation round enjoyable since music is already playing and sound spam becomes annoying with all the death sounds, pumpkins make some people lag (or crash) and noclip would be boring if used too much.

Seeing as what it has become I'd like to ask this:

I'd wish for the humilliation round to go back to vanilla (no respawning till next round, no friendly fire and not lasting that long). The end round songs can stay there like they are and will just keep playing normally until the clip finishes.

But before going and complaining like a madman I decided to create this post and ask in a more general form... would this suggestion be fine? or what do the community wants to say about humilliation round? Should I just stfu?

Humilliation round.

Some are using it to boost their kills with strange weapons.

Some just love to spam rockets/grenades/the minigun and stack points like crazies.

And with the new Friendly Fire now you can have the spam inside your own spawnroom.

Also, it ruins auto scramble.

I agree. With this, the bob-omb thread, and possibly the arena thing. It'll change nom really nicely and make it better in my opinion.

I also hate the fact that I cannot change my class into a taunt-kill capable class during the humiliation period. Also the fact that I cannot kill myself or explode.

Edited by Highwind

Yeah, especially with strange weapons, this has become an issue.

well I already told you draythan but I agree the humiliation round isn't fun anymore. but taking it away may mean taking away the songs and I don't want that.

My suggestion is that it should stay but with noclip for everyone and also the no respawning if you die. of course I'm no admin and I don't know what would this mean to the server but it seems like a way to stop the mindless killing and keep the end round in an entertaining way. of course it will get old after some months but anything would.

well I already told you draythan but I agree the humiliation round isn't fun anymore. but taking it away may mean taking away the songs and I don't want that.

I think it would work best if we still have the longer 30 second humiliation but make the losers have god mode.

My suggestion is that it should stay but with noclip for everyone and also the no respawning if you die. of course I'm no admin and I don't know what would this mean to the server but it seems like a way to stop the mindless killing and keep the end round in an entertaining way. of course it will get old after some months but anything would.

The songs would stay there, some of the songs are still playing during setup time after the humilliation so by shortening the humilliation the song would still be playing like usual.

And yours is a different idea, I'm glad you posted it in here so more people can see it :) (I didn't because lazy).

Edit: I suggested vanilla humilliation because that still gives people the chance to get a kill or two if they want but it prevents the overkilling and spam inside spawnrooms, also takes the FF away because not really needed in my opinion.

Edited by Draythan

I also hate the fact that I cannot change my class into a taunt-kill capable class during the humiliation period. Also the fact that I cannot kill myself or explode.

You can slam [comma][number key] to change class when someone kills you when you're dead.

I just stick to spectating and rejoining my team so I don't respawn during humiliation.

Edited by nosoop

Also, it ruins auto scramble.

I agree. With this, the bob-omb thread, and possibly the arena thing. It'll change nom really nicely and make it better in my opinion.

Yeah, especially with strange weapons, this has become an issue.

Posted Image

yeah it got on my nerves for a long time already especially the long waiting time

but i dont hear the mindless killing often i'm usually a scoot and i go running around hoping that i won't get caught by my own team

I would agree with vanilla, but I don' think 30 seconds of just nothing would be worth the music. As much as I love the roundend songs, they really represented the fact that shenanigans was happening, and by removing those shenanigans I don't see them to be needed anymore.

I think it would work best if we still have the longer 30 second humiliation but make the losers have god mode.

This.

Only because the winners trying to run away and dodge taunt kills is hilarious to me.

oh wait i have an idea.. maybe make the endround at least replace the soundspam of rockets and deathscreams

oh and frienldyfire partially broke :s like with shortstopper i cant hit anyone back so i get killed by team a lot

Edited by cavemansteijn

ITBURNSITBURNSITBURNSITBURNSITBURNSITBURNS

hey guyz i burn evrybody lol im so awesme look at al my pointz

Yeah humiliation needs to turn vanilla.

I agree its cheap to level up weapons that way. And I do think of people as dickheads for team killing after a victory.

But flip side of argument, you can just avoid it. It can be a bit hard to escape spawn, but its possible. I think I'd rather have team killing on so its spread out rather than the entire opposite team spamming in one spawn.

I've been against it for quite some time as well.

Friendly fire was added to slow things down a bit, so that players wouldn't just spray mindlessly and get kills. Personally I typically kill friends on purpose just to shut the whole thing down.

Besides that, if I feel a team really doesn't deserve the beating I'll add health or no clip everyone. For example, severe steam rolls don't make me happy. They don't need it hammered into them that they were beaten in under two minutes. Bonus points if it happens multiple rounds in a row, then the map is just going to end.

Edited by William Dogood

We've always had the humiliation round at the end, removing the humiliation round will also mean removing the end round songs which on face level will make the server exactly like every other TF2 server.

The kills mean nothing and it only lasts 20 or so seconds.

I'd wish for the humilliation round to go back to vanilla (no respawning till next round, no friendly fire and not lasting that long). The end round songs can stay there like they are and will just keep playing normally until the clip finishes.

You were saying how you think 30 seconds is a long time and just then you said that we should keep the end round songs, the end round songs last as long as humiliation lasts so the proposed new end round would be 30 seconds of everyone being dead and waiting for the next round/map.

I know you said that we should just continue with the next round whilst the songs play but I don't think that is a good idea, it's really annoying when you're trying to play a round with music blasting out because you can hardly heard the in-game sounds or people talking. When we started playing arena for the first time on the server it would bug out and the end round would be exactly like you're suggesting (one team wins, the end round is 5 seconds of people being killed once, a new round starts but you still have 25 seconds of loud music left.) and it really didn't work.

I think we're fine with what we currently have, if 30 seconds is too long for you then you can just alt-tab out of the game whilst you wait.

Edited by Kamikaze