Photo

Everyone Is Giving Feedback? I Want To Do It Too!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Humilliation round (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Should something be done to humilliation round?

1. Vanilla (no respawn, no FF, songs go over the setup next round) (19 votes [26.76%])

Percentage of vote: 26.76%

2. Health high enough to prevent death spam (38 votes [53.52%])

Percentage of vote: 53.52%

3. Noclip (7 votes [9.86%])

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

4. It's fine the way it is just alt+tab if you don't like it. (7 votes [9.86%])

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Draythan

Draythan

My Power Pee will pierce the heavens!

• TF2 Admins
  • 4651 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 09:48 PM

Humilliation round.
Some are using it to boost their kills with strange weapons.
Some just love to spam rockets/grenades/the minigun and stack points like crazies.
And with the new Friendly Fire now you can have the spam inside your own spawnroom.

I'll talk for myself because I don't know what is inside everyone's mind.
I hate it. I go afk while it's on because the noise of constant explotions and death screams it's a pain and I come back when it's over.
I've seen admins set their health way up to avoid death (they have their reasons, but still) and that's actually what got me thinking...
If even some admins dislike it why is it there?
I remember people complained long ago about it, then Friendly Fire was added, and it was ok for a while, now it has become the same spam inside both spawnrooms.
I started killing my own teammates because it gives me something to do while waiting for the round to end, at least if I am outside the spawnroom because if I'm inside it's more likely that I'll be stuck inside the explotion or minigun spam and will check my mail while the humilliation lasts.

I know the main idea is to fool around when the round ends, but I am tired of waiting so long for the next round, the points stack, the friendly fire and people who abuse it to stack the kills for their weapons (we've become an "achievement" server :D). It is really hard to make humilliation round enjoyable since music is already playing and sound spam becomes annoying with all the death sounds, pumpkins make some people lag (or crash) and noclip would be boring if used too much.

Seeing as what it has become I'd like to ask this:
I'd wish for the humilliation round to go back to vanilla (no respawning till next round, no friendly fire and not lasting that long). The end round songs can stay there like they are and will just keep playing normally until the clip finishes.
But before going and complaining like a madman I decided to create this post and ask in a more general form... would this suggestion be fine? or what do the community wants to say about humilliation round? Should I just stfu?
Fuck it, I'm out of here.

#2 Combustible Panda

Combustible Panda

Puzzle Agent

• Members
  • 1091 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 09:51 PM

Yes.

So much yes.
Posted Image

Spoiler:

I have a saying for this. Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one, its okay to be proud of it... But don't shove it down my throat in public. Especially if I don't know you.

GET IN THE BED.
don't know if want to change pants
my stinger is ready

#3 Rikachu

Rikachu

I post a lot!

• Scrimmer
  • 981 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Sniper

Posted October 01 2011 - 09:53 PM

Humilliation round.
Some are using it to boost their kills with strange weapons.
Some just love to spam rockets/grenades/the minigun and stack points like crazies.
And with the new Friendly Fire now you can have the spam inside your own spawnroom.

Also, it ruins auto scramble.

#4 Mahbonk

Mahbonk

I don't think so

• Scrimmer
  • 4605 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Spy

Posted October 01 2011 - 09:54 PM

I agree.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Magikarp

Magikarp

Taxi Taxi Taxi

• Scrimmer
  • 1456 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Sniper, Medic

Posted October 01 2011 - 09:56 PM

I agree. With this, the bob-omb thread, and possibly the arena thing. It'll change nom really nicely and make it better in my opinion.

#6 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 09:56 PM

Agreed

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#7 Blue.

Blue.

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 09:57 PM

I also hate the fact that I cannot change my class into a taunt-kill capable class during the humiliation period. Also the fact that I cannot kill myself or explode.

Edited by Highwind, October 01 2011 - 09:57 PM.

#8 Scyrius

Scyrius

Chaotic Neutral.

• TF2 Admins
  • 5402 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Spy

Posted October 01 2011 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, especially with strange weapons, this has become an issue.
Woop woop.
http://www.last.fm/user/WorldsEdge
Bella bella bella bellorum bellis bellis.

#9 Dr. Soul

Dr. Soul

ech

• Scrimmer
  • 6921 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Medic

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:02 PM

well I already told you draythan but I agree the humiliation round isn't fun anymore. but taking it away may mean taking away the songs and I don't want that.

My suggestion is that it should stay but with noclip for everyone and also the no respawning if you die. of course I'm no admin and I don't know what would this mean to the server but it seems like a way to stop the mindless killing and keep the end round in an entertaining way. of course it will get old after some months but anything would.

"why am I the only one here not having a cock here?" -Fox McCrits

"Hey did you know that 4000 cats are eaten in China? Wanna pretend I'm asian and let me eat your pussyyyyy?"-Pikachu on LSD 

#10 Soviet

Soviet

I post a lot!

• Scrim Admins
  • 2100 posts
  • Soldier, Pyro, Demoman

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:06 PM

Yup I agree too.

#11 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:06 PM

well I already told you draythan but I agree the humiliation round isn't fun anymore. but taking it away may mean taking away the songs and I don't want that.

I think it would work best if we still have the longer 30 second humiliation but make the losers have god mode.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#12 Draythan

Draythan

My Power Pee will pierce the heavens!

• TF2 Admins
  • 4651 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:07 PM

My suggestion is that it should stay but with noclip for everyone and also the no respawning if you die. of course I'm no admin and I don't know what would this mean to the server but it seems like a way to stop the mindless killing and keep the end round in an entertaining way. of course it will get old after some months but anything would.

The songs would stay there, some of the songs are still playing during setup time after the humilliation so by shortening the humilliation the song would still be playing like usual.
And yours is a different idea, I'm glad you posted it in here so more people can see it :) (I didn't because lazy).

Edit: I suggested vanilla humilliation because that still gives people the chance to get a kill or two if they want but it prevents the overkilling and spam inside spawnrooms, also takes the FF away because not really needed in my opinion.

Edited by Draythan, October 01 2011 - 10:09 PM.

Fuck it, I'm out of here.

#13 Scyrius

Scyrius

Chaotic Neutral.

• TF2 Admins
  • 5402 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Spy

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:12 PM

ITBURNSITBURNSITBURNSITBURNSITBURNSITBURNS
Woop woop.
http://www.last.fm/user/WorldsEdge
Bella bella bella bellorum bellis bellis.

#14 nosoop

nosoop

in ur vps, wreckin' ur stuf

• Members
  • 2737 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:21 PM

I also hate the fact that I cannot change my class into a taunt-kill capable class during the humiliation period. Also the fact that I cannot kill myself or explode.

You can slam [comma][number key] to change class when someone kills you when you're dead.

I just stick to spectating and rejoining my team so I don't respawn during humiliation.

Edited by nosoop, October 01 2011 - 10:23 PM.

#15 Mr. Tinder

Mr. Tinder

Mhm hudda mhf

• Administrators
  • 2915 posts
  • Minecraft:MrTinder
  • Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Medic

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:32 PM

Also, it ruins auto scramble.

I agree. With this, the bob-omb thread, and possibly the arena thing. It'll change nom really nicely and make it better in my opinion.

Yeah, especially with strange weapons, this has become an issue.

Posted Image

#16 cavemansteijn

cavemansteijn

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:34 PM

yeah it got on my nerves for a long time already especially the long waiting time
but i dont hear the mindless killing often i'm usually a scoot and i go running around hoping that i won't get caught by my own team
Posted Image

#17 Gemini.exe

Gemini.exe

Batteries not Included

• Scrimmer
  • 1716 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:52 PM

I would agree with vanilla, but I don' think 30 seconds of just nothing would be worth the music. As much as I love the roundend songs, they really represented the fact that shenanigans was happening, and by removing those shenanigans I don't see them to be needed anymore.

#18 Cloud

Cloud

Rakist

• Members
  • 1533 posts
  • Pyro

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:55 PM

I think it would work best if we still have the longer 30 second humiliation but make the losers have god mode.

This.

Only because the winners trying to run away and dodge taunt kills is hilarious to me.

dDHukhF.png

#19 cavemansteijn

cavemansteijn

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 10:59 PM

oh wait i have an idea.. maybe make the endround at least replace the soundspam of rockets and deathscreams

oh and frienldyfire partially broke :s like with shortstopper i cant hit anyone back so i get killed by team a lot

Edited by cavemansteijn, October 01 2011 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Guv'na Kit Kit

Guv'na Kit Kit

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 1125 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 11:11 PM

I liked killmageddon before friendly fire was added...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users