Sign in to follow this  
Draythan

Everyone Is Giving Feedback? I Want To Do It Too!

Humilliation round  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should something be done to humilliation round?

• Vanilla (no respawn, no FF, songs go over the setup next round)
    • Health high enough to prevent death spam
    • Noclip
    • It's fine the way it is just alt+tab if you don't like it.

I actually saw this problem coming with the strange weapons. It's actually one of the reasons i had stopped using the weapons and starting using pumpkins. It cuts down on the sounds by a little bit if you shoot once at a time and there wont be any strange weapon notices since they die by exploding pumpkins. The only downside I might see is Framerate drop for a couple seconds if spammed. Not to say I don't like the idea of increased health though. It'd be fun trying to go and trying to kill that special player that dominated you last round and maybe get some friends to help you out. I think friendly fire was a bit silly to say the least and go back to 0. People sometimes keep firing on accident or kill teammates to keep other team from escaping and get upset cause they miss out on killing the losers.

And if this is implemented, I think its a good idea to apply this to "waiting for players" too.

I agree with this, I just wanna jump around in waiting for players, and there's always that one guy who keeps killing me.

As for end round, I just dont like the score inflation, team killing, and strange weapon leveling. The extra health sounds good.

I agree with this, I just wanna jump around in waiting for players, and there's always that one guy who keeps killing me.

Yeah, and it's usually some heavy in the spawn that's just keeping me from doing anything besides getting killed. It gets annoying pretty fast.

So yeah, I'm all for applying the high health to waiting for players, too.

Aww, too bad :<

There is one minor catch with the buffed health though. Spies can still kill, even if the health is like 999999.

And if this is implemented, I think its a good idea to apply this to "waiting for players" too.

spys can kill but it'll only be the odd kill here and there, nothing like now.

one problem about the high health for a losing team if FF stays on is that instead of killing enemies they might just go to the friendly spawn and slaughter there

so FF should be off rlly

I'm not fond of adding health. It's typically confusing and still susceptible to backstabs. Get one Spy in there to backstab the people and the slaughter will begin anew.

We actually just talked about this last night on the server. People don't realize it, but backstabs do not deal damage, they simply insta kill. It doesn't matter how much health you have, you will die to one.

I'm not fond of adding health. It's typically confusing and still susceptible to backstabs. Get one Spy in there to backstab the people and the slaughter will begin anew.

We actually just talked about this last night on the server. People don't realize it, but backstabs do not deal damage, they simply insta kill. It doesn't matter how much health you have, you will die to one.

It's pretty easy to dodge a single spy in end round.

Backstabs do deal damage (off the top of my head they deal 2x the targets current health), they will always insta kill you.

Sure a spy has the possibility of running into your spawn and killing a few people but it'll be a lot less than what we have now which is what people are complaining about.

Edited by Kamikaze

I can understand the frustration with humiliation at the moment, increasing the health would be a great idea as long as it does not bug out and carry into the following round. I forgot I can give myself god mode and watch everyone suffer so until now I never really noticed the problem.

Buff it to major HP or make them god mode if you're really worried about a spy back stab ruining the thing.

(off the top of my head they deal 2x the targets current health)

Its 6 times the person's health but that doesnt matter really, itll still insta kill.

It's pretty easy to dodge a single spy in end round.

Backstabs do deal damage (off the top of my head they deal 2x the targets current health), they will always insta kill you.

Sure a spy has the possibility of running into your spawn and killing a few people but it'll be a lot less than what we have now which is what people are complaining about.

That is until people realize Spy's can kill people and the new folk switch to Spy just to do so.

Which is what happened with Pyro and Heavy when we added the mod to the server years ago.

Also, alt tab is not a solution. Source games do not alt tab well, and often end in a game crash. To get alt tab to work without messing with the game requires specific settings, and it's unfair that anyone request people change their game just so you can kill them.

Edited by William Dogood

Also, alt tab is not a solution. Source games do not alt tab well, and often end in a game crash. To get alt tab to work without messing with the game requires specific settings, and it's unfair that anyone request people change their game just so you can kill them.

This too. The only way this is a legit solution is to play in Windowed Mode. But many prefer playing in Fullscreen in order to have the OS to allocate all the resources to the TF2 process.

I really really really doubt that people are going to be playing spy just to fuck it up. Even if they did, there is no way a team with like 5 spies would win and if they do you deserve to get killed over and over.

Extra health sounds like the best option to me. I agree it should extend to the losing and winning team and waiting for players, to prevent points/dominations/leveling spamming. Even if players spam Spy, it's easier to avoid death than other classes. I think no clip would be too chaotic and wear off quickly, FF should stay, and I can't alt+tab out (if I disconnect the wrong way, I have to restart my laptop)

Some of these ideas do sound worthwhile. Increasing health on the teams each spawn is my favorite so far.

What do you think about slaying people each time they score a kill during end round?

This actually would be good to prevent the spies problem, since that would give them the choice to score once and then having to run all the way to find another one to kill or just enjoy their victory and derp around.

Increasing health sounds like a neat idea, though I think it should be lower than the proposed numbers, something like 5k. The winning team should be able to kill the losing team, but they'd have to work somewhat harder to get it done, and 5k is plenty of health to escape an excited crit-boosted pyro at spawn.

Maybe not, but it did happen with Heavy and Pyro, especially on short maps that are easily steamrolled, it's not hard to prepare for it.

if we see someone doing that we can simply slay them, a spy getting a few kills isn't bad but if someone switches to spy at the end of the round to camp the losing team then that's a dick move.

One thing i've always found odd is that the round end song suggestions list, says "No songs that imply a sense of 'haha you lose' will be considered', yet with the way humiliation is it seems to imply just that.

Combined with it messing up scrambles, letting people cheat overly for strange weapons, causing game performance issues and other stuff like that, it just seems better for something like the buffed health or something.

Well I think it's more than enough time for this thing.

Most people agreed with Kami's idea (5000 health) so you can still get a kill or 2 without creating death/sound spam, you'd have enough health if you want to rocket/sticky jump everywhere or if you are trying to escape everything.

Songs would stay like they are.

Now I'm not sure about what happens next, but I think we wait a green or red light about it.

Well I think it's more than enough time for this thing.

Most people agreed with Kami's idea (5000 health) so you can still get a kill or 2 without creating death/sound spam, you'd have enough health if you want to rocket/sticky jump everywhere or if you are trying to escape everything.

Songs would stay like they are.

Now I'm not sure about what happens next, but I think we wait a green or red light about it.

Be sure to put this in bacon and eggs also if possible.

We're currently trying out melee-only* bonus rounds on all nom servers. So far most feedback in-game has been positive.

I am thinking we might expand the allowed weapons to certain secondaries as well, but we'll see how things go like this for a while.

*Non-combat weapons are also allowed, like jarate, milk, medi-guns, and PDAs. Sentries are also disabled.

Would it be possible to allow alt-fire only on weapons? I don't even know if you can do that, but I would love to still be able to airblast people around in spawn

Would it be possible to allow alt-fire only on weapons? I don't even know if you can do that, but I would love to still be able to airblast people around in spawn