Sign in to follow this  
Draythan

Everyone Is Giving Feedback? I Want To Do It Too!

Humilliation round  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should something be done to humilliation round?

• Vanilla (no respawn, no FF, songs go over the setup next round)
    • Health high enough to prevent death spam
    • Noclip
    • It's fine the way it is just alt+tab if you don't like it.

We're currently trying out melee-only* bonus rounds on all nom servers. So far most feedback in-game has been positive.

I am thinking we might expand the allowed weapons to certain secondaries as well, but we'll see how things go like this for a while.

*Non-combat weapons are also allowed, like jarate, milk, medi-guns, and PDAs. Sentries are also disabled.

It might just be me, but melee-only doesn't seem to work on Bacon.

EDIT: Thanks for the response, Scy.

Edited by nosoop

It might just be me, but melee-only doesn't seem to work on Bacon.

It's not just you.

It doesn't for whatever reason.

I was wondering why I only had my Homewrecker out during the end of a round.

I think the melee is a good idea. Prevents a lot of players from hamming up rockets and stickies, but still allowing you your victory runover. Most people lose their end-round crit anyway, over killing their own team for the lulz.

Also, I know it's a poll thing, but noclip is a terrible idea. Just saiyan.

Only the winning team should get melee only, that way the losing team still has the option of using more taunt kills (Huntsman, shotgun/flare-gun, and Frontier Justice). I don't know if there's a way to implement that, but I miss killing enemy Heavies that stand next to the supply locker with a Hadouken.

Only the winning team should get melee only, that way the losing team still has the option of using more taunt kills (Huntsman, shotgun/flare-gun, and Frontier Justice). I don't know if there's a way to implement that, but I miss killing enemy Heavies that stand next to the supply locker with a Hadouken.

THIS

Losing team should be allowed to weapon-switch, just to allow some fighting back with taunt-kills.

Losing team should be allowed to weapon-switch, just to allow some fighting back with taunt-kills.

I doubt its possible to set weapons that way.

:(

I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but could we raise this discussion again, or re-implement the old restrictions? We've had unrestricted humiliation for a while now, and while it's been alright most of the time, we do still get the occasional non-nommer who just sits there, minigunning for the entire 30 seconds. A simple reversion to melee-only, like we used to have, would work even as a temporary measure until a proper decision can be made.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but could we raise this discussion again, or re-implement the old restrictions? We've had unrestricted humiliation for a while now, and while it's been alright most of the time, we do still get the occasional non-nommer who just sits there, minigunning for the entire 30 seconds. A simple reversion to melee-only, like we used to have, would work even as a temporary measure until a proper decision can be made.

It's not so much about a proper decision, but rather a lack of the coding ability needed to make the losing team capable of switching. I am curious to hear back from others regarding the move back to unrestricted endrounds though.

I understand the lack of capability to move back; however, I feel that if a point is reached at which we are capable of switching back to the melee-only endround, it should probably be done. While unrestricted endround has been fine for the most part, it does get a bit tiring when there's someone who takes endround like it has to be 100% serious time.

It's not so much about a proper decision, but rather a lack of the coding ability needed to make the losing team capable of switching. I am curious to hear back from others regarding the move back to unrestricted endrounds though.

If possible, the return to melee-only endrounds would be nice, at least they aren't as easy to spam and less harsh on the ears.

Oh god, the constant crit flame sounds. *shudders*

Edited by Sylver