Photo

Everyone Is Giving Feedback? I Want To Do It Too!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Humilliation round (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Should something be done to humilliation round?

1. Vanilla (no respawn, no FF, songs go over the setup next round) (19 votes [26.76%])

Percentage of vote: 26.76%

2. Health high enough to prevent death spam (38 votes [53.52%])

Percentage of vote: 53.52%

3. Noclip (7 votes [9.86%])

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

4. It's fine the way it is just alt+tab if you don't like it. (7 votes [9.86%])

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Fat Cat

Fat Cat

YOOP

• TF2 Admins
  • 6999 posts

Posted October 01 2011 - 11:20 PM

ITBURNSITBURNSITBURNSITBURNSITBURNSITBURNS

hey guyz i burn evrybody lol im so awesme look at al my pointz

Yeah humiliation needs to turn vanilla.

sig-1.png
Pyros hate you back.

M31: *remains a dancing obama* nope

M31: SPACE DICK

#22 Stitches

Stitches

⚓ I have a sailor's tongue ⚓

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Heavy

Posted October 01 2011 - 11:51 PM

I agree its cheap to level up weapons that way. And I do think of people as dickheads for team killing after a victory.

But flip side of argument, you can just avoid it. It can be a bit hard to escape spawn, but its possible. I think I'd rather have team killing on so its spread out rather than the entire opposite team spamming in one spawn.
Posted Image

#23 Kingdom's Sword

Kingdom's Sword

I will sword you.

• Scrimmer
  • 3887 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 01:07 AM

I am fine with how the end round is.

If you try to fail and succeed, which did you actually do?

STEAM_0:0:17398697.png

#24 William Dogood

William Dogood

I post a lot!

• Administrators
  • 5771 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 01:09 AM

I've been against it for quite some time as well.

Friendly fire was added to slow things down a bit, so that players wouldn't just spray mindlessly and get kills. Personally I typically kill friends on purpose just to shut the whole thing down.

Besides that, if I feel a team really doesn't deserve the beating I'll add health or no clip everyone. For example, severe steam rolls don't make me happy. They don't need it hammered into them that they were beaten in under two minutes. Bonus points if it happens multiple rounds in a row, then the map is just going to end.

Edited by William Dogood, October 02 2011 - 01:10 AM.

William Dogood: No...not the juice!

M31: That's not what Hitler said.

esiObC2.gif

#25 kami

kami

It only matters if it rocks.

• Members
  • 1474 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 02:00 AM

We've always had the humiliation round at the end, removing the humiliation round will also mean removing the end round songs which on face level will make the server exactly like every other TF2 server.

The kills mean nothing and it only lasts 20 or so seconds.

I'd wish for the humilliation round to go back to vanilla (no respawning till next round, no friendly fire and not lasting that long). The end round songs can stay there like they are and will just keep playing normally until the clip finishes.

You were saying how you think 30 seconds is a long time and just then you said that we should keep the end round songs, the end round songs last as long as humiliation lasts so the proposed new end round would be 30 seconds of everyone being dead and waiting for the next round/map.

I know you said that we should just continue with the next round whilst the songs play but I don't think that is a good idea, it's really annoying when you're trying to play a round with music blasting out because you can hardly heard the in-game sounds or people talking. When we started playing arena for the first time on the server it would bug out and the end round would be exactly like you're suggesting (one team wins, the end round is 5 seconds of people being killed once, a new round starts but you still have 25 seconds of loud music left.) and it really didn't work.

I think we're fine with what we currently have, if 30 seconds is too long for you then you can just alt-tab out of the game whilst you wait.

Edited by Kamikaze, October 02 2011 - 02:19 AM.

#26 FlamingDonut141

FlamingDonut141

si

• TF2 Admins
  • 2220 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 02:30 AM

I like endround cause i get to rocket jump for 30 seconds without anyone bothering me if i win

10:49 PM - danwook: tbh if i was a girl
10:49 PM - danwook: id fuck you

#27 Mr. Chinchilla

Mr. Chinchilla

The Rarely-Seen Man

• Scrim Admins
  • 2562 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Sniper, Spy

Posted October 02 2011 - 05:28 AM

I do think it needs to be toned down. The strange weapon leveling, point stacking and friendly fire just leads to a huge mess. It is fun to try and escape from the winning team but the moment you die and get sent to respawn it's an endless slaughter with virtually no chance to get away. The constant screaming, kill sounds and domination clips is an ear-ache as well and usually covers up the music anyway.

You call it crime, we call it smart family business

HcYDqoU.jpg

#28 Beehive

Beehive

Hola

• Scrimmer
  • 2829 posts
  • Minecraft:Beehive
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Spy

Posted October 02 2011 - 05:38 AM

I like endround cause i get to rocket jump for 30 seconds without anyone bothering me if i win

pretty much about what I do in the end round, or just screwing around and or join spectate till the humiliation round ends then jjoin the same team
Axel: I saw beehive and I thought I was saved
Axel: And then I remembered
Axel: it's beehive

Beehive: does it mean the cool swedish people live in gothenburg?
Zeta: no, they live in ezgudforyouburg

#29 Pixel

Pixel

It's a secret to everybody

• Members
  • 1357 posts
  • Minecraft:MrPixel
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman

Posted October 02 2011 - 06:00 AM

Honestly I wouldn't mind living without it. It ruins auto-scramble and its not so fun when you get rolled and then you get spammed in your spawn. Personally I'm fine with either way, but I really want to music to stay. Most of the time it would just go into the setup of next round anyways.

#30 Draythan

Draythan

My Power Pee will pierce the heavens!

• TF2 Admins
  • 4651 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 06:46 AM

We've always had the humiliation round at the end, removing the humiliation round will also mean removing the end round songs which on face level will make the server exactly like every other TF2 server.

The kills mean nothing and it only lasts 20 or so seconds.

I know the kills mean nothing, the little text saying HLStats was disabled till the end of the round points it out.

You were saying how you think 30 seconds is a long time and just then you said that we should keep the end round songs, the end round songs last as long as humiliation lasts so the proposed new end round would be 30 seconds of everyone being dead and waiting for the next round/map.

I know you said that we should just continue with the next round whilst the songs play but I don't think that is a good idea, it's really annoying when you're trying to play a round with music blasting out because you can hardly heard the in-game sounds or people talking. When we started playing arena for the first time on the server it would bug out and the end round would be exactly like you're suggesting (one team wins, the end round is 5 seconds of people being killed once, a new round starts but you still have 25 seconds of loud music left.) and it really didn't work.

I keep reading this part over and over. You make a good point, I've heard a lot of complains about how much of a spam the humilliation has become and how it's become more b
thersome than fun, but the part about the songs might be right, that is part of Nom and maybe more people (like you for example) would dislike to keep hearing the end round song over the next match. Still and Like Chinchilla said, if you die once you are taken back to the spawnroom and you will most likely be unable to hear anything else than DEFENSEITBURNS*explotion**deathscream**minigunfire*

I think we're fine with what we currently have, if 30 seconds is too long for you then you can just alt-tab out of the game whilst you wait.

I actually alt+tabed a long time ago, before getting a slot, specially because I'm usually on the losing end so the spam kills the song (and my ears), I rather go check my stuff or talk with someone else while the spam goes away.
I wanted some other kind of option because that "covers me" but that doesn't really help anyone else.

Edit: I added a poll because it'll be easier to keep track of answers. I wouldn't recommend noclip because it will become boring very fast.
Fuck it, I'm out of here.

#31 AdiposeTissue

AdiposeTissue

More like AdiPROse

• Scrimmer
  • 2173 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 06:50 AM

I don't even kill people during the end round and I love it. I agree with everything that Kami said and would be extremely disappointed if it was taken away.

#32 cavemansteijn

cavemansteijn

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 07:15 AM

i vote for high health but why higher health if you can just turn on godmode?
for the tauntkilling or something like that?
Posted Image

#33 Draythan

Draythan

• TF2 Admins
  • 4651 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 07:23 AM

i vote for high health but why higher health if you can just turn on godmode?
for the tauntkilling or something like that?

Well I sometimes see people jumping off a cliff over and over, god mode would just leave them waiting at the bottom of a cliff.

#34 Phaze

Phaze

I post a lot!

• Scrimmer
  • 2162 posts
  • Scout, Sniper, Medic

Posted October 02 2011 - 07:54 AM

NoClip sounds fun.

#35 kami

kami

• Members
  • 1474 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 07:57 AM

How about the possibility of giving the losing team like 50k health, the winning team can still hit them about with explosions and attacks but you don't get the sound spam/constant respawn.

Then the winning team can destroy each other.

God mode vs high health for those that don't know, with god mode on nothing hurts you, explosions/air blasts won't hit you around and you can't be killed at all. With high health you can be hit around with explosions, survive pit falls for a few seconds and can still be insta killed with backstabs/taunt kills.

With god mode on you'll be stood around for 30 seconds but with high health you'll be able to mess around with the losing team but just not kill them easily.

Edited by Kamikaze, October 02 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#36 Beehive

Beehive

Hola

• Scrimmer
  • 2829 posts
  • Minecraft:Beehive
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Spy

Posted October 02 2011 - 08:04 AM

NoClip sounds fun.

i like this idea
Axel: I saw beehive and I thought I was saved
Axel: And then I remembered
Axel: it's beehive

Beehive: does it mean the cool swedish people live in gothenburg?
Zeta: no, they live in ezgudforyouburg

#37 Draythan

Draythan

• TF2 Admins
  • 4651 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 08:18 AM

How about the possibility of giving the losing team like 50k health, the winning team can still hit them about with explosions and attacks but you don't get the sound spam/constant respawn.

Then the winning team can destroy each other.

I'd like to shake hands with your brain :)

#38 GabrielWB

GabrielWB

Cheese is awesome

• Administrators
  • 954 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 08:27 AM

I really like that idea! Humiliation should be fun and losing that would be horrible imho.

Maybe a possible addition, to make things even more fun: Clicky

Edited by GabrielWB, October 02 2011 - 08:29 AM.

[signature goes here]

#39 The_Victor

The_Victor

Derp

• Scrimmer
  • 1492 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 08:43 AM

Something that doesn't affect the scoreboard so people can't get free points. What kami said XD

IMO, I hate being respawned over and over because of a noobish pyro/soldier who can't shoot shit suddenly go up into the top rank.

But the music has to stay because it cheers me up. Always.

#40 kami

kami

• Members
  • 1474 posts

Posted October 02 2011 - 08:44 AM

I really like that idea! Humiliation should be fun and losing that would be horrible imho.

Maybe a possible addition, to make things even more fun: Clicky

I played on a server with that mod before and it really didn't work, the losing(?) team would become frogs but you would still have hats and misc items floating above you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users