So does the idea seem nice? I think so, at least so far. I hope to expand the amount too.
If any of you guys feel like making some yourselves, go ahead and post 'em here and if I like them, they'll go up, but first some guidelines.
- Images must be exactly 100 pixels tall. Width is variable, but no larger than 650. Try to aim for 550.
- Text can be composed any way you like, but the name "Nom Nom Nom" must be prominent in the image.
- Transparency is preferred, as these banners are displayed on 4 different skins.
- Use PNG for static images, and GIF for animated images.
- Keep the file size under 400kB
Attached is the PSD base for the original logo, with everything chopped up into layers, as you'd expect from a PSD. The bottom layer is a backdrop of the forum's default background color for Thoreau-Dark, the primary skin. Use this to see how things look, but do not leave it visible when exporting your banner. You aren't limited to this layout either, if you have something else in mind, feel free to swap it up.
The typefaces used here are TF2 Build and TF2 Professor