Sign in to follow this  
Neh

New Banners

I REGRET NOTHING!

Posted Image

Except that I couldn't get the transparency to work. :C If anyone wants to fix that, here you go.

nom_puddi.psd

EDIT:

Has proper credit been given to the artist's whose work is being used in the banners? Or has permission been obtained from them? I know it seems like not a big deal, but it seems polite to at least list the artists whose work has been used.

The ones I've posted/made have been my own creations, don't know about the other ones though. Though, I don't own Puddi, so no I don't really have permission to use that. >_>;

Has proper credit been given to the artist's whose work is being used in the banners? Or has permission been obtained from them? I know it seems like not a big deal, but it seems polite to at least list the artists whose work has been used.

A chance to break out Photoshop?! Awesome! Expect me to edit my post and add something nifty within the next couple hours.

Edit: Ta-da!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The art and colors all come from achievement images. If you guys wanna add something else to the speech bubble, feel free.

Edited by Cedarbox

this has worried me too

but i guess if it really bothers the original artists... if it's ever pointed out to them, i'm sure Neh would take it down swiftly.

No, actually, and I don't know who the original artists of the banners I've made are either. I will definitely take them down if it ever becomes an issue, of course.

As for the author of the banners, I have that labeled by filename on the back end. It seems that the displayed banner is always rotate.php when you actually view it, which is a little disappointing, but I'm not a genius, I just used a premade php script made available for use on the internet.

A chance to break out Photoshop?! Awesome! Expect me to edit my post and add something nifty within the next couple hours.

Edit: Ta-da!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The art and colors all come from achievement images. If you guys wanna add something else to the speech bubble, feel free.

Needs one with the "Surgical Prep" Achievement image.

I'm seeing far to many of these with a flat cut right edge that doesn't blend well at all.

Ones like Cedarbox's with a specific style that lends itself to a solid backdrop are one thing, but trying for a transparency blended edge but having a flat cut hard transition line just looks terrible.

cough otterwolfy cough mahbonk cough jorschamo cough

Edit: here's my attempt at a transition for an animated gif. Since gif doesn't allow for percentage-based transparency, I had to try something else.

Posted Image

Edited by Neh

Needs one with the "Surgical Prep" Achievement image.

I had to look it up to see which one that was. It makes for an awesome spray. It can't be nommed though.

The bottom layer is a backdrop of the forum's default background color for Thoreau-Dark, the primary skin. Use this to see how things look, but do not leave it visible when exporting your banner.

Would it be possible to shift the whole banner to the right about an inch? It's a minor complain, but the edge cut off there stands out with many of the banners. I checked each theme too, and they all of them except IP Board, and the mobile themes have this issue as well.

asdwasdaw.jpg

Would it be possible to shift the whole banner to the right about an inch? It's a minor complain, but the edge cut off there stands out with many of the banners. I checked each theme too, and they all of them except IP Board, and the mobile themes have this issue as well.

Makes sense, but wouldn't that just make it stand out even more on the left margin?

Makes sense, but wouldn't that just make it stand out even more on the left margin?

Only if you kept the left line solid. If you have gradients on both sides of the background it would blend well (i.e. the modification of smoof's I did).

Edited by Sidewinder

Only if you kept the left line solid. If you have gradients on both sides of the background it would blend well (i.e. the modification of smoof's I did).

True, but that would just make creating banners more difficult, and they'd all need to be redone to fit that style. I don't find the current layout to be all that distracting due to there being a clear separation line at the top of the table. I think there are other ways to solve this minor issue.

edit:

trying to find a way to put this image in right under the logo, but this language is very confusing for me, considering I just barely know how to make a link and image in html..

Edited by Neh

True, but that would just make creating banners more difficult, and they'd all need to be redone to fit that style. I don't find the current layout to be all that distracting due to there being a clear separation line at the top of the table. I think there are other ways to solve this minor issue.

edit:

trying to find a way to put this image in right under the logo, but this language is very confusing for me, considering I just barely know how to make a link and image in html..

It'll require a little bit of knowledge of PHP. You merely need to add that image to the same place the banner is on the main PHP generated page. It's probably in the same place you used the random banner script.

Oops, I fail at reading. Sorry, Neh!

Posted Image