Sign in to follow this  
Neh

New Banners

Fixed version.

Posted Image

I didn't know the blue part was indented on the right, so that's why it stuck out so far. But it's fixed now!

Sure can.

Yeah.. I wasn't so sure on that one, but I agree, it's a little bit much. Fun for a while though. I'll replace it with the simpler one that Tomato made earlier.

Ya know, I have to agree with william on the weird sticking out thing... space... idea?

I don't know how to articulate that, but ya know. what he said. At first I thought it was just because he might be using a different theme rather than the default, but now I see it.

It works well if the banner matches the theme, but for instance the achievement banners (love them, btw) don't quite match up and create an odd visual effect.

It seems to be one of those 'can't unsee' effects now. As I refresh pages I see it even on those that work with the theme.

ARGGG.

If its just us two, though, I don't see it being a big issue; unless, of course, one of us lives near a cliff and is easily frustrated. ;-)

As for the author of the banners, I have that labeled by filename on the back end. It seems that the displayed banner is always rotate.php when you actually view it, which is a little disappointing, but I'm not a genius, I just used a premade php script made available for use on the internet.

$path_parts = pathinfo($fullPathToImage);
$ext = strtolower($path_parts["extension"]);

switch ($ext)
{
  case "png":
    header("Content-type: image/png");
    header("Content-Disposition: filename=\"".$path_parts["basename"]."\"");
    break;

default:
    header("Content-type: application/octet-stream");
    header("Content-Disposition: filename=\"".$path_parts["basename"]."\"");
}
Stolen from something else I have. Untested, but if you want I could try hammering it in for you since I'm quite familiar with PHP. Just send the original script's source and I'll give you the finished version.

This is a fantastic idea!

just adding my 2 cents worth

Here we go, needs to be tested to see if it clashes too much with the Nom color schemes. D:

Posted Image

I'll try to make a blue version, but I think that might prove difficult.

I think Otter's would look best transparent, myself. Gabe's is incredible.

Actually yes, leaving without a backgroud or making the background veeeeeery transparent would help a lot.

I think Otter's would look best transparent, myself. Gabe's is incredible.

That sounds pretty good actually.

Also yes, Gabe's a pro.

Made some minor adjustments. Added shadows behind the props, moved the light a bit to the left and improved the glow.

Posted Image

Also made a Nombus version because ddd gave me the idea.

Posted Image