Sign in to follow this  
Neh

Killsounds

Glorious.

Super Smash Bros. is a goldmine for killsounds, I'd say.

Drowning Sound effect from sonic. not the music.

I know, not the music, but can you imagine how horrifying it would be? You start choking, the screen starts flashing blue and then the music...

please no pony sound clips. I'll probably just change my option to not download sounds if it ever happens.

Agreed. Edited by Cedarbox

Added the full weapon list ripped from the latest HLstats. How that I know where it is, and found out how to strip out the code around the names I need, this is going to be much easier.

Keep the suggestions coming. Don't hesitate to bring up a suggestion for something that has one already since we can vote if needed, and we could use some ideas for a general all around death sound for the non-special kills to consider over the current one.

New suggestions:

ullapool_caber: Minecraft creeper hissing

ullapool_caber_explosion: Minecraft creeper explosion

candy_cane: Scout's "Sweet." line. scout_cheers04.wav

Edited by Neh

George Takei going "Oh my".

Brilliant.

Should the engine make a distinction between types of environmental kills: why not the Goofy Holler for falling off cliffs (shouldn't occur too often to make it annoying, I hope).

goofy_holler.mp3

Brilliant.

Should the engine make a distinction between types of environmental kills: why not the Goofy Holler for falling off cliffs (shouldn't occur too often to make it annoying, I hope).

goofy_holler.mp3

that or the willhelm scream would be good for cliff deaths going splat on the ground

It's all just "world"

Trains and suicide included.

Yeah, that'd be no good, then :/

I think the Spycicle needs some Mr. Freeze puns. Or maybe Lich ones.

"Stay frosty!"

Can I suggest that the killsounds don't play every time a qualifying kill happens? Some kills happen a lot to certain classes/people/me and so you end up hearing the same killsound kind of a lot.

I'm looking at you, Ernest.

Yeah, that'd be no good, then :/

I think the Spycicle needs some Mr. Freeze puns. Or maybe Lich ones.

"Stay frosty!"

spycicle is a silent killer so that would ruin it

spycicle is a silent killer so that would ruin it

Maybe as a client side sound effect?

I could've sworn it had some kind of freezing sound effect on kills, just no critical death scream.

No death notice will be produced to the enemy team, but a unique sound of ice freezing will be produced, allowing alert players to notice the presence of the Spy.

Edited by nosoop

I could've sworn it had some kind of freezing sound effect on kills, just no critical death scream.

It does, but it's quiet.

Here's the objection sound clip. I mean it's not like EVERYONE uses the objector anyways.

as much as I like ace attorney I don't want this.

Yeah... The Conscientious Objector has nothing to do with court-style objections anyhow. It's about picketing, protesting. Heck no we won't put dispenser here.

Find a sound clip relating to protesting if you want something for the CO.

Yeah... The Conscientious Objector has nothing to do with court-style objections anyhow. It's about picketing, protesting. Heck no we won't put dispenser here.

Find a sound clip relating to protesting if you want something for the CO.

DEY TOOK OUR JERBS RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

Its really the best I could think of

EDIT: For the actual sound probably just have it saying "Jerb" instead of the entire phrase

I guess I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent here.

Aside from Cloud's suggestion, which I personally liked, I don't think we need any more kill sounds. They're funny and charming at first, sure. But after a while they just become inconsequential background noise.

We want that, Scyrius. Adding new ones, changing the old, and getting rid of the rest.

This is a complete change-up. I'd like to get rid of or change at least half of the old sounds, and add some fresh new ones. That's why the current ideas and discussion here are making me disappointed and why I'm pushing to get some discussion going in here.

falcon punch

no matter how much of a fan I am with F-Zero I don't want this either. Sure it's rare occurrences but it just makes my inner f-zero fan sad.