• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 GabrielWB

GabrielWB

Cheese is awesome

• Administrators
  • 954 posts

Posted May 20 2012 - 03:34 PM

Pomf =3 on a kill with the Holiday Punch.

You know, because it's fluffy, soft and it tickles......

The original pomf video has been removed from youtube, so this was the best I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVak7fNEmaI&feature=related
Download link from the video description:
http://depositfiles....2bj15s?redirect

Fuck Yeah!

Yes please!

Can the admins please refrain a bit from spamming the new killsounds?

Noted. Also wanted to add, if an admin is going a bit overboard ingame with the sounds, feel free to say something in the chat. We don't bite :3

[signature goes here]

#62 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted May 20 2012 - 03:53 PM

Pomf =3 on a kill with the Holiday Punch.

You know, because it's fluffy, soft and it tickles......

The original pomf video has been removed from youtube, so this was the best I could find.

please no. We already know what the contents of the original comic is and we don't want to go there.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#63 Zuul

Zuul

Just stay alive.

• Members
  • 4276 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 08:14 AM

please no. We already know what the contents of the original comic is and we don't want to go there.

I really really really really agree with this

OH THIS THREAD IS OLD
OOPS

well while i'm here

the FUCK YEAH! is kind of a bit much, is it just me that thinks that?

Edited by Zuul, January 27 2013 - 08:17 AM.

I will be made a new creature, one bright day.

Posted Image

#64 Draythan

Draythan

My Power Pee will pierce the heavens!

• TF2 Admins
  • 4651 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 08:24 AM

For the sake of "I know where will this go"
Let's not derail AT ALL.
I won't go into details, just leave it at "it wasn't added, move on" (besides believe there's already enough killsounds)
Fuck it, I'm out of here.

#65 Soviet

Soviet

I post a lot!

• Scrim Admins
  • 2100 posts
  • Soldier, Pyro, Demoman

Posted January 27 2013 - 08:34 AM

I think if the "fuck yeah" thing was a bit lower volume, it'd be fine. Though I don't know if you can do that.

#66 Fat Cat

Fat Cat

YOOP

• TF2 Admins
  • 6999 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 10:31 AM

I think if the "fuck yeah" thing was a bit lower volume, it'd be fine. Though I don't know if you can do that.

I think if it were somewhat quieter and more localized to where it was actually done, like the revolver killsound, then I think more people would enjoy it.

I THINK it already is localized, but it's just so loud at the moment that it just permeates the entire map. It usually doesn't bother me since I'm used to Nom's noises, but sometimes it just rattles my entire fucking headset, which probably isn't a good sign.

sig-1.png
Pyros hate you back.

M31: *remains a dancing obama* nope

M31: SPACE DICK

#67 GabrielWB

GabrielWB

Cheese is awesome

• Administrators
  • 954 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 10:53 AM

I think if it were somewhat quieter and more localized to where it was actually done, like the revolver killsound, then I think more people would enjoy it.

I THINK it already is localized, but it's just so loud at the moment that it just permeates the entire map. It usually doesn't bother me since I'm used to Nom's noises, but sometimes it just rattles my entire fucking headset, which probably isn't a good sign.

The airshot sound is triggered by a different plugin (the one Hurricane made) than the one that handles the "arrowed!" and "watcha say" so I think it actually is played globally. I doubt that it's easy to make the 2 different plugins work together, that is something only the creators of the plugins know. So, like said before, the easiest way would be to make the sound itself quieter.

[signature goes here]

#68 Fat Cat

Fat Cat

YOOP

• TF2 Admins
  • 6999 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 11:05 AM

The airshot sound is triggered by a different plugin (the one Hurricane made) than the one that handles the "arrowed!" and "watcha say" so I think it actually is played globally. I doubt that it's easy to make the 2 different plugins work together, that is something only the creators of the plugins know. So, like said before, the easiest way would be to make the sound itself quieter.

Yeah, but I think I was on a pretty big map once and I could here "FUCK YEEEEAH" in the distance fairly quietly. That leads me to believe that it's not really global, it's just ridiculously loud for some reason.

sig-1.png
Pyros hate you back.

M31: *remains a dancing obama* nope

M31: SPACE DICK

#69 Zuul

Zuul

Just stay alive.

• Members
  • 4276 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 08:50 PM

i concur, if that sound was quieter, i wouldn't mind. i hear it and i think an admin had played it or something.

Let's not derail AT ALL.

ftr i didn't mean to, i'm sorry, moving on

I will be made a new creature, one bright day.

Posted Image

#70 Draythan

Draythan

My Power Pee will pierce the heavens!

• TF2 Admins
  • 4651 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 04:37 AM

i concur, if that sound was quieter, i wouldn't mind. i hear it and i think an admin had played it or something.

I think it works the way the Machina (is that the name? the sniper that can pierce players) works, that you get a kill by piercing and BOOM! The full server is deaf now.
It actually surprises me to know that it wasn't being played by admins.
A little too extreme, but I say that if it can't be lowered or make it sound only for that person, then it should be removed, it is loud and distracting enough.

ftr i didn't mean to, i'm sorry

I know, I'm just being preventive.

moving on

\o/
Fuck it, I'm out of here.

#71 repus

repus

Team Yeller

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Scout, Medic, Spy

Posted June 21 2013 - 03:59 PM

I recall that when the ham shank was first released there was a bit of discussion of it getting its own personal killsound. I was wondering if that was going to be a thing or not.

If the ham were to get a killsound I think it would be appropriate that the sound be from dont starve. Also the pan should get a killsound (hopefully one of coach saying "cheeseburger apocalypse")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users