Sign in to follow this  
Goombac

Watch Dogs

Just announced at the Ubisoft Press Conference.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/724521/ubisoft-announces-watch-dogs/

Ubisoft just announced a new IP, called Watch Dogs. The open world game, set in a dystopian future, where computers have invaded every aspect of life, you play as a guy who can hack systems. Imagine walking down the street and being able to disable every cell phone around, do instant background checks on other people, or control traffic lights to cause convenient accidents. You can also shoot people. The game also seems to integrate co-op in an organic way.

“Watch Dogs goes beyond the limits of today’s open-world games by giving players the ability to control an entire city,” said Jonathan Morin, creative director, Ubisoft. “In Watch Dogs, anything connected to the city’s Central Operating System becomes a weapon. By pushing the boundaries, we can provide players with action and access to information on a scale that’s never been seen in a video game before.”

Here's the official description of the game from Ubisoft:

"In Watch Dogs, players enter the dangerous world of Aiden Pearce, a new class of antihero whose ability to hack into any connected system could be his most powerful weapon. Whether it’s triggering a 30-car pileup by manipulating traffic-lights to trap an enemy during a downtown shootout or tapping into the city’s omnipresent security cameras to access anyone’s personal information, Pearce is capable of coercing and controlling almost every element of the world around him."

Interestingly, Ubi didn't mention any systems that the game will be out on, leading to speculation that Watch Dogs is planned as a game for the next generation of game systems.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

Thanks to Yaya for linking the gameplay video! :)

This game looks SO COOL. Nice to see something like this in the midst of all the copy-paste shooters and sports games. I get a heavy Deus Ex vibe from it.

I don't wanna over hype myself like when they revealed the first Assassin's Creed. Boy was I utterly disappointed when the product came out.

Judging by the gameplay video Yaya showed us and the E3 live demo, the A.I. has been heavily scripted, but then again, this is probably a pre-alpha version of the game, so fingers crossed for actual Artificial INTELLIGENCE.

Played it for a while and I am going to be honest......the game isn't all that fun in my opinion.

It feels like a really bad assassin creed mixed with GTA but not fun at all.

The car physics are really crappy.  You lose little to no momentum when you crash into cars and other vehicles.  Almost every prop is breakable with almost little to no consequences.  You can't even shoot while driving while the enemies can which is stupid.

The hacking system is actually pretty meh.  The only time I find it amusing is when you are looking at citizen's profiles and even then most of them are pretty horribly randomly generated.  All it really is is look at something press Q and hope it does shit.

The combat system is very meh and it tries to do a sleeping dogs like system for upgrading your combat but it just doesn't feel fun at all.

The game is horribly and I do mean HORRIBLY optimized.  The game stutters like crap for no reason even when not streaming or using fraps.  I run it on a GTX 560 with 30fps and it dips to 25 fps on low to medium settings.  Even Ultra detail settings have the same performance by a difference of 5 to 10 fps which is pretty stupid on my rig.  Graphics looks ok at best it's not very appealing.  Prepare a very high end rig.   You'll need it.

6.5/10 pretty disappointing.  If you want a GTA alternative this is the game but I can't find myself to play it anymore after 3 hours in.

Edited by kingddd

The game is horribly and I do mean HORRIBLY optimized.  The game stutters like crap for no reason even when not streaming or using fraps.  I run it on a GTX 560 with 30fps and it dips to 25 fps on low to medium settings.  Even Ultra detail settings have the same performance by a difference of 5 to 10 fps which is pretty stupid on my rig.  Graphics looks ok at best it's not very appealing.  Prepare a very high end rig.   You'll need it.

Have to agree with this, my rig is new the graphics card i bought gave me a free copy of watch dogs, hence im playing it. Only ~40 fps with a GTX 760. It may be ultra high, but even then, its quite ridiculous.

Also i found it so far somewhat boring and not that engaging, plus the graphics goes weird at some point, it may be what its like but its somewhat irritating and makes you think your computer broke.

The whole game is a trainwreck, I wish I hadn't bought it. I was really looking forward to playing "Person of Interest" the game, but instead we get some script kiddie on a cell phone, graphics that look like they are for console games, boring gameplay, uninteresting characters.

They ripped off GTA but without being as good as GTA.

I have an AMD card, and they are not kidding:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/26/why-watch-dogs-is-bad-news-for-amd-users-and-potentially-the-entire-pc-gaming-ecosystem/

The whole game is a trainwreck, I wish I hadn't bought it. I was really looking forward to playing "Person of Interest" the game, but instead we get some script kiddie on a cell phone, graphics that look like they are for console games, boring gameplay, uninteresting characters.

They ripped off GTA but without being as good as GTA.

I have an AMD card, and they are not kidding:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/26/why-watch-dogs-is-bad-news-for-amd-users-and-potentially-the-entire-pc-gaming-ecosystem/

i laughed way too hard at the girl running away breaking an entire fence.

Such a disappointment.  Glad I cancelled my preorder when trying out a certain leaked version.

I can't wait to see how ''optimized'' the WiiU version will be.