Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Tinder

Mann Vs Machine

just beat decoy with some random people.

holy shit begger`s bazooka is amazing.

AND I GOT NO HAT FROM IT.

apparently even if you beat it and use the extra item tickets, it doesn`t mean you`ll get a hat afterwards.

i just got a pin, canteen, and 4 other weps.

apparently even if you beat it and use the extra item tickets, it doesn`t mean you`ll get a hat afterwards.

Regular weps or the ones with robot heads?

Good way to build SR demo: max sticky damage asap, then pipe reload, fire speed, and damage. As needed you can throw points into clip and ammo capacity on the pipe launcher. Spread the stickies in an area for early waves with only small bots, large bot and tank waves stack them in one spot in their path, 14 maxed stickies should nearly if not kill large bots and do a decent chunk to tanks. As for sustained damage, pipe spam. A pipe launcher with boosted reload and fire rates clears groups easy before boosting its damage.

Okay, I just spent all day playing MvM nonstop. And... holy balls.

The whole 'getting onto a server' issue aside, this mode is absolutely amazing. I just wish there were more options for upgrades!

How I go demo:

Ignore everything that isn't sticky launcher. When you have a sticky launcher I don't find much use for GL other than scouts and trying to get the big robots.

Pump up reload speed for sticky launcher, overall ammo, damage. And sometimes put a point in blast resistance or mag size, max reload speed is so ridiculous. Fire rate is okay too I guess.

I still want to see how jump height can be useful other than it being fun as hell.

after doing every man up mission, ie 6 of them. You should get the big prize.

I snuck into a couple servers. If one had less than 6 people in I would jump in real quick, and beat about 8 other people. (seeing as suddenly there are like 5-8 spectators).

Played 2 rounds as medic. Krtiz medic. ;D I like that for them tanks yo.

So...is it worth my time to try playing tonight?

Yeah, if you know someone playing in a passworded server. Forget trying to wait through the queue.

I've been playing Engie mostly, with a loadout of FJ, Wrangler, and Jag. It works well.

I only upgrade building parts, jag swing speed, and frontier justice reload speed.

Yeah, if you know someone playing in a passworded server. Forget trying to wait through the queue.

Hmph. This is when Steam friends would be useful.

Fox, Yaya, Donut, Axel, Red, and I just finished Mann Up on Decoy.

For anyone curious our team was two Soldiers (Axel and I), a Spy (Yaya), an Engineer (Red), Medic (Donut, lawls), Heavy (Fox).

A fully upgraded Beggar's Bazooka is probably the best thing ever. With a Kritz N Uber boost, i feel like i'm using Robin's Rocket Launcher :D

I'm in love with this gamemode.

Edited by Mahbonk

I've been playing Engie mostly, with a loadout of FJ, Wrangler, and Jag. It works well.

I only upgrade building parts, jag swing speed, and frontier justice reload speed.

Do not recommend FJ unless you're going double minisentries. The shotgun and pomson are pretty much globally better if you're using the normal sentry.

Also, Jag is completely redundant thanks to building upgrade canteens. Which, if you do not have fully loaded at all times, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Do not recommend FJ unless you're going double minisentries. The shotgun and pomson are pretty much globally better if you're using the normal sentry.

Also, Jag is completely redundant thanks to building upgrade canteens. Which, if you do not have fully loaded at all times, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I have the Jag as insurance if I run out of canteens, and with the FJ I rack up an insane amount of revenge crits that are especially useful on the tank.

Hmph. This is when Steam friends would be useful.

Lurking around for servers hosted by other generous patrons works well too. Try the TF2 subreddit or ask around here.~

Think MvM will become such a popular game mode that Main'll be deserted for a long while?

Lurking around for servers hosted by other generous patrons works well too. Try the TF2 subreddit or ask around here.~

Think MvM will become such a popular game mode that Main'll be deserted for a long while?

I'd think so. I just got in on a public server and it was a blast.

I played sniper quite a few times today and my god, the Heatmaker is amazing.

If you upgrade it with Explosive Headshot, the Focus meter fills near instantly and from there, you can perpetuate your focus for quite a while. And while your in Focus, the charge meter fills so quickly, its hard to do less than 200 damage per shot. It's amazing for those Giant robots since it can do up to 900 damage per headshot if you max the damage.

The feeling when a big damage dealer leaves the game at the last wave, the tank's close to dropping the bomb, and you have to pull off the fastest crit canteen purchase to save the game and win.

God damn.