Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Tinder

Mann Vs Machine

The feeling when a big damage dealer leaves the game at the last wave, the tank's close to dropping the bomb, and you have to pull off the fastest crit canteen purchase to save the game and win.

God damn.

I once had to buy 6 crit canteens in the final wave and we just managed to destroy the tank.

We just rocked the last round on Coal Town. A group of 7 or so super Scouts comes out in the beginning with the bomb. After a few failed attempts in which they carried it all the way to the end, we finally got them to group up right at the beginning and annihilated them all.

We dominated the rest of the wave right there on the slope.

We just rocked the last round on Coal Town. A group of 7 or so super Scouts comes out in the beginning with the bomb. After a few failed attempts in which they carried it all the way to the end, we finally got them to group up right at the beginning and annihilated them all.

You should write a book detailing your experiences on the battlefield.

Pic related:

Posted Image

The one thing that annoys me most so far, is that the robots don't drop ammo. I find myself out of ammo far more than I'd like.

And that's why there should ALWAYS be an engineer on the team.

THREE mind fucks, thank you very much. TF2 horfed/recycle-barfed it's graphics from orange+revolver land to black barcode ground and then whimsyshire haze.

Gave me a god damn headache.

Kelso and I (with four randoms) just finished a match in which we got a perfect A+ credit ranking. Unfortunately, no one thought to took screens, and it was in Boot Camp, so we didn't get the achievement, but it was still pretty awesome.

Tried Manning Up to get some of those delicious items.

My God. It is hard as balls.

And now apparently Russians hate me because I played Scout, despite me saving the game with massive burst damage and crit canteens.

Guess they wanted me to play one of the working classes. Hah I made a funny.

Edited by Isotoxin

Fuck.

I thought Sniper would be useless.

God DAMN does it feel good to be wrong.

Posted Image

Also putting faster firing rate on the sg is quite good.

PLUS NO ENGIE BOTS WHAT IS THIS! not that ive seen them, they might exist. :v

edit: also fishcake is funny in this mode, faster regen rate. CAUSE THAT ITEM REGENS RIGHT?

So wait a sec, let me get this straight. That graph (or at least my understanding of it) says that since there are only 6 missions you only need to buy 6 tickets to play all the missions as many times as you want?

ie, when you beat a mission, you can go back and play it without buying a new ticket.

Am I correct in thinking this or did I get lost along the way?

So wait a sec, let me get this straight. That graph (or at least my understanding of it) says that since there are only 6 missions you only need to buy 6 tickets to play all the missions as many times as you want?

ie, when you beat a mission, you can go back and play it without buying a new ticket.

Am I correct in thinking this or did I get lost along the way?

This guy pretty much got it down.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2881472

Well then, that said, I've purchased tickets (for science!), and I'll explain why you're not missing out...

Mann up adds nothing to the MvM experience, and the new cosmetics are not as easily obtainable as you'd think.

- MvM missions are exactly the same, regardless of it being Mann up mode or not.

- Upon completing a single mission in mann up mode (there are 6, 2 per map), 1 tour of duty ticket is consumed. This means you need 6 tickets to complete all missions in mann up mode.

- Completing a mission in mann up mode awards you 1 random drop. This means you can get a bushwacka, wrangler, even (rarely) a hat. Among the drops are also the new cosmetics.

- Upon completing all 6 MvM missions in mann up mode, your badge levels up, and all missions are unchecked again, allowing you to complete them again. Upon completing the tour of duty (all 6 missions), you supposedly also obtain a bot killer weapon.

- Once a mission is completed in mann up mode, it receives a check mark. However, completing the mission again will not consume a ticket or reward you. Regardless, you need a tour of duty ticket to enter mann up mode.

- The squad surplus ticket will award all participating players 1 extra item upon completing a mission. This is of course not one of the new cosmetics; it is a random drop.

- It is not possible to 'lose' MvM mode. If a bomb is delivered, the wave is rolled back to the start, to the setup.

- A tour of duty ticket is only consumed upon completing a mission you hadn't completed before. You are free to disconnect at any point.

- Once all 6 missions are completed, your badge levels up, you are awarded a random 'new' item (robot cosmetic), and you can do it all over again (all missions are unchecked)

http://imgkk.com/i/984m.jpg

These are the rewards for completing a mission. Everyone gets 1 random item in exchange for their tour of duty ticket, and in this case, an extra item due to the squad surplus ticket. Note that hats (like the pyro beanie in this case) are definitely not guaranteed.

Mann up mode is essentially advanced.

If you want a killerbot weapon, you need to beat 6 missions. Then it resets and you have to start over again. So if you want a guaranteed botkiller costmetic wep, you need 6 tickets/6 dollars.

Edited by kingddd

Once you complete the six missions, your Tour of Duty Badge "levels up." You can use new tickets to play the missions again at higher levels, etc. (To the best of my knowledge.)

what he said.

I think you can only play 5 over and over again, if you played the last one and win on it, you will have finished the tour. Thus get a robot hat or whatever and then can start again.

PLUS NO ENGIE BOTS WHAT IS THIS! not that ive seen them, they might exist. :v

Who do you think is building the other bots?

So we're all of the opinion that Manning Up is pretty much eh?

I'm 'eh' about it. It seems like just another version of crates and keys. But hey, the people playing are probably a lot more serious and better organized than typical players.