Sign in to follow this  
kingddd

Wiiu Discussion

It's coming out in a few weeks. Any plans? Games? Deluxe editions etc?

Currently if you have the Deluxe edition you get 10% back benefits for digital downloads

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=189232

Release Dates

NA: November 18, 2012

EU: November 30, 2012

AU: November 30, 2012

JP: December 8, 2012

Edited by kingddd

I'll wait and see how it turns out, other than that... just waiting for a price drop (yes, even from before the release I'm expecting the first price drop :3).

I'll wait and see how it turns out, other than that... just waiting for a price drop (yes, even from before the release I'm expecting the first price drop :3).

Edited by Mahbonk

I was gonna get it for Christmas, but all of the pre-orders ran out in a week, so I lost interest. I'll definitely get it eventually, but the only thing I want for it right now is MH3U and that's not enough to warrant all of the extra effort.

I don't want to buy a system that expensive and have a 3DS-like game drought after a few months...

As much as I'm going to miss playing Zelda games, that's the only thing I look forward to that would be exclusive to the Wii U. Being linear games, I can easily just watch a Let's Play for the story. Because, let's face it, gameplay in Zelda games has been severely lacking in the past several games.

So I'm gonna pass. I'll probably get a 3DS though. Eventually. When they come out with some nicer colors. Announcement of a Pokemon game on the 3DS will probably get my ass in gear. There's a lot more stuff on the 3DS (and DS, since I don't have one of those either) that I'm excited about.

No plans to get one yet, I've learned my lesson with the Vita not to get a system at launch. Been over 6 months now, and I've gotten 3 games I would consider good, 1 amazingly awesome which i could have gotten on the 3DS instead (Assuming I didn't mind save deleting bugs), and a bunch of mediocre stuff.

Sure Pikmin 3 and ZombiU look interesting, but until something really catches my eye, I'ma hold off.

No chance that I'll be getting it. I barely have the money to get the 3DS, which is priority #1 right now.

So it's out in like 2 weeks-ish for me. I'ts coming out really damn soon, and pretty much all my friends and family have no idea what a WiiU is.

Yeah, pre-orders have sold at at lots of places, but that's to people that are really into gaming...and keep up with these kind of things. If I'm thinking correctly, the ad campaign started Nov. 1st right? It just seems like when the Wii came out, people were talking about it a solid month before release.

But I suppose a sudden spike of hype around it would help more. Plus with shortages of the system, it's really just going to make people want it even more.

Oh yeah, also I tried it at my local gamestop. The gamepad actually feels really awesome. Was worried it would be a bitch to hold, but it really isn't.

With the launch of Wii U comes with the Wii Mini. Dec. 7th. It's basically like the PS3 slim. For 99 dollars.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiimini?country=CA&lang=en/

Great deal for those that don't have the original Wii and don't want the Wii U but imo it's a bit too late now.

Huh, neat. I might get this since I don't really want a WiiU for awhile.

Also it's sexy and red.

Huh, neat. I might get this since I don't really want a WiiU for awhile.

Also it's sexy and red.

It's a complete waste of space. It's only available in Canada (currently), it cuts Gamecube compatibility, and has no method of connecting to the interweb.

It's a complete waste of space. It's only available in Canada (currently), it cuts Gamecube compatibility, and has no method of connecting to the interweb.

I was just about to post that actually.

It IS cute though, the red is pretty.

But really now, the original Wii is maybe 15% larger at most. It's hardly a console in need of a "mini" variant, and you could probably buy a Wii refurb for the same price.

Actually newer wiis already cut gamecube support. Kinda a shame.

Considering how the Wii's online pretty much sucks and the digital store sucks and the GCN compatibility is a niche support by this time, I think it's worth it for the low budget players.

but yeah it's true it has no online connectivity.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/wii_mini_is_official_and_has_no_online_connectivity

My guess is that they don't want it to become a Netflix streaming box since the original Wii has that support.

Edited by kingddd