Sign in to follow this  
kingddd

Wiiu Discussion

I recently just started that LEGO City game. I haven't got far into it...but it seems to be pretty fun and simple so far. Again, I'm barley into it so hopefully it remains rather good throughout the entire game.

Also this is pretty much the first game I've played on WiiU that has basic gamepad involvement with the game. Simple things such as having an interactive map and objectives on the gamepad are hella cool.

Just a heads up, the big Wii U update will (most likely) be tonight after some scheduled maintenance from 5pm to 7pm PST.

And it's here, right on schedule.

New Features:

-A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off

-Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete

-Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu*¹

Changes to System Settings:

-An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in "Data Management"

-The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in "Data Management"

-The option to adjust screen size is now available under "TV"*²

-"Auto Power-Down" has been renamed "Power Settings"

-Changes to Miiverse

-Changes to Nintendo eShop

-Changes to the Internet Browser

-Changes to Download Management

-Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

*1 User selection may be necessary.

*2 A similar option has been removed from Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, and the Internet Browser.

Virtual Console will supposedly be coming tomorrow.

Super Mario World on Virtual Console? awesome!

>$7.99

well...if that's what I have to do...

Super Mario World on Virtual Console? awesome!

>$7.99

well...if that's what I have to do...

The Wii version was the same price so this shouldn't be surprising.

If you already bought the game on the Wii's VC, you can download it again through the Wii menu. Once that's done, the eShop will recognize that you own it and drop the price to $1.50.

Same thing goes for all other VC games. (I think NES games are $1 though)

If you already bought the game on the Wii's VC, you can download it again through the Wii menu. Once that's done, the eShop will recognize that you own it and drop the price to $1.50.

Same thing goes for all other VC games. (I think NES games are $1 though)

So I've downloaded Super Mario 64 on the Wii menu VC. If I download it again through the WiiU VC it will recognize it and to download it again it cost $1.50? Is there a reason I should pay 1.50 for it again to get it on the WiiU VC? (sorry I haven't been paying attention to wiiu news lately...)

So I've downloaded Super Mario 64 on the Wii menu VC. If I download it again through the WiiU VC it will recognize it and to download it again it cost $1.50? Is there a reason I should pay 1.50 for it again to get it on the WiiU VC? (sorry I haven't been paying attention to wiiu news lately...)

It's not on the Wii U eShop right now, but once it is you'll be able to pay a bit extra to be able to play the Wii U version of it. All of the Wii U versions of the games come with better filtering (for HDTVs) and the ability to play on the Wii U gamepad. There are also restore points (i.e. save states) through the new VC menu. Basically you're paying for the extra features.

Right now there's only SNES and NES games on the eShop, but they're working on getting N64 and GBA games on there.

funny how Hackers announce it out like the greatest thing ever even though every system is pretty much a PC.

I just hope this doesn't affect games coming out too much. Wii U's struggling as it is, and all WiiKey aims to do is enable piracy.