Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Tinder

Final Fantasy Xiv: A Realm Reborn

I'm still in the beta from phase 2 though I'm glad now I didn't stay up all night waiting to get in at 2am PST :V

Made character on Cactuar. You no longer pick which city you start in, it's tied to your class. I made Conjurer, started in Gridania.

Controller support seems pretty solid.

Duty Finder is now working in the beta and courteously they've put up a small dev discussion video of the new feature.

I'm interested in this game, but I hope it will have some way to try it out before you sign up for a subscription.

If it's like FFXI, you'll be able to play a month for free before you have to start putting money down for each month. The only problem is, it's $40 for the game itself, so either way you're stuck with the game.

Phase 3 of the beta ended a few hours ago and I just wanted to let you guys know that Phase 4 will be open beta, and will be in like 2 weeks. Characters in phase 4 will carry over to release unless there is some major problem.

Info from http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf but I mostly got the information from the subreddit, which is where I got the link.

I enjoyed the beta quite a lot. Well... a lot is an understatement. I probably played like 30 - 40 hours, out of the 90 or so hours it was available to me. It grabbed hold of me. I didn't think I would be pulled in so easily despite hearing about MMORPGs tend to do that.

If you guys are planning on playing this game I'm willing to deal with a bit more lag than JP servers and make another character on an NA one. I'm so glad this is cross-platform.

edit: oh and there's a youtube playlist/ series of articles on dualshockers which has the story of the original 14, for those who missed it. It's quite nice for someone like me who was frustrated that I couldn't at least get the story before the original died.

Friend and I will probably be moving from Masamune to Excalibur. Masamune is really overcrowded and became a JP region world so we're moving off

Phase 4 beta starts on the 17th (16th if you were in the phase 3 beta) and will end on the 19th. Early access starts on the 24th

You can download the phase 4 client here.

I do confess, what I have seen so far of this game intrigues me. It even got me to sign up for the beta.

Though I am curious. For those who are going to buy it are you buying the disk copy or the digital version?

I got an email for the PC version when I'm on PS3 uuuuuuurrrrggghhh

I want to play as soon as it starts for P3 players ;_;

I got an email for the PC version when I'm on PS3 uuuuuuurrrrggghhh

I want to play as soon as it starts for P3 players ;_;

I got one for the PS3 Version when I wanted PC, so welcome to my bizzaro world :) (Though it did give me the forum page to download the PC client.)

This is directed at William, since he might know this. If I registered with Sqaure for Final Fantasy 14, and downloaded the client, will it work even if the email had the code for the PS3 version? Or do I have to write to their support?

I got one for the PS3 Version when I wanted PC, so welcome to my bizzaro world :) (Though it did give me the forum page to download the PC client.)

This is directed at William, since he might know this. If I registered with Sqaure for Final Fantasy 14, and downloaded the client, will it work even if the email had the code for the PS3 version? Or do I have to write to their support?

If you were in previous betas you do not need a key for pc.

I did not have to put in a new key for this phase

If you were in previous betas you do not need a key for pc.

I did not have to put in a new key for this phase

Well, I was not in the previous beta but I signed up for it. I then received a key from Square Enix to register for the open beta, which I did and it says I am registered for it on the account I made.

Edit: I checked the original email and the code I was given was for PC, but they would also send a code for the PS3 version. So I am registered for PC but I can register for the PS3 version as well it seems. So that answers that. But thanks for the info anyway Panda :)

I feel like Square should have thought more about holding the open beta over the weekend. Something happened and I can't access the character I created, or make a new character. Since it's the weekend their support won't respond to emails so I can't get any help fixing the problem.

For some reason I can't even log into their beta forums to say that there's a bug that needs to be fixed. It just brings me to a blank page when I try to log in.

Edit: I was surprised that the support got back to me so quickly. Looks like they're working on the problem.

Edited by DANGER_HIGH_VOLTAGE

I registered for the game (early access and all that). But I'm wondering if I have to re download the game client or will the one I got for being in the beta work alright? It may be a silly question but I want to make sure I don't mess this up.

I registered for the game (early access and all that). But I'm wondering if I have to re download the game client or will the one I got for being in the beta work alright? It may be a silly question but I want to make sure I don't mess this up.

When you pre registered it stated if you participated in the previous beta test you would not have to re download the client