Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Tinder

Final Fantasy Xiv: A Realm Reborn

Sadly no early access for me, bought the CE 2 years ago but didnt stick around long enough for Legacy. I'll be on Excalibur (Legacy NA) if anyone plans on playing there

The game will be up at 2AM Saturday morning, your best bet would probably be to stay up Friday night.

Is that 2 AM Pacific time? If it is then I'll have to stay up till 5 am Eastern time.

One of the 30 day veteran items is a Phial of Fantasia. This one use item lets you completely remake your character. From appearance right down to race and gender.

If you open the game launcher now and log in you'll be able to download an update for the game. I think you'll download the full game if you didn't participate in the beta. This should make it easier to play as soon as you can.

I just did this and came to check to see if anyone else had already mentioned it. However, I saw in the launcher's news section that they pushed an update out at 5:30 Pacific, so do run the launcher again to get yourself patched up. I haven't run mine since Phase 4, so I had a launcher update, and now about a gig's worth of client update to download.

Also make sure to read up on the known issues post they put on the launcher, though I'm sure they posted that on the website somewhere too, the launcher page is more convenient.

I made a gladiator character called Sir Dragmire on the Leviathan server. Here's a picture of him.

post-7667-0-29706800-1377397218_thumb.png

I think he looks like Ganondorf.

Also, here's my arcanist character on the Exodus server, Marina Shores.

post-7667-0-89232000-1377409636_thumb.png

That hair reminds me of some Final Fantasy character.

I literally just bought it, installing for early (ish) access. I've had no beta access before. Anything I should know before jumping blindly into this?

Holy shit, the version of the "Theme of Final Fantasy" that plays in the login screen is the best I've heard yet. I sat there and listened to it for almost 15 minutes.

If by "sat there" do you mean "stuck at login screen like everyone else"?

Anyway, just keep up with your story quests. Always pick up the next available story quest so you don't have to find it later. Don't complete quests that you don't have to, save them for another class.

Anyway, just keep up with your story quests. Always pick up the next available story quest so you don't have to find it later. Don't complete quests that you don't have to, save them for another class.

I really cant stress actually keeping up with your story quests, William and I have been leveling up together and fell behind on our main story line quest which meant we were unable to do some instances at their prime levels (We usually ended up to be on the high end or even level synced on our first run in a instance). It took us a day or two to catch up to the story quest we were meant to be on.

Also make sure to do your class quests since they give you some abilities (Primarily your level 15 and 30 job quests are a big deal) and they often involve quite a bit of legwork.

I played all last night. It was wee hours though, and now I'm stuck at the login screen now that people are actually awake. I've been told the world is full for the last 8 hours.

I played all last night. It was wee hours though, and now I'm stuck at the login screen now that people are actually awake. I've been told the world is full for the last 8 hours.

Persistance gets me in, I tradecraft/gather with a 360 controller and I just press the A button alot on my controller on the log-in screen. It lets me in after a couple/dozen tries - if it doesn't load the NA/EU server list you might have to restart the client

Generic tip for dungeon explorers: when using the dungeon finder, set the languages to all if you want a slightly faster queue time, in those late hours you might find a bunch of european and japanese players

For anyone who is tanking: hotkey the markers - managing your DD's is like herding a pack of wild cats if you dont tell them what to scratch, speeds up trash clearing by alot

Here's my hud with an example of said keybindings on the right

Someone play on Tonberry with me~

haha maybe I'll join you guys with separate character once I finish the story. JP servers have been fine so I've been levelling quite well (30 with GLA and 11 with CNJ, aiming to be PLD)

Sales have been halted until population is under control.

I was wondering about that, since making a character on any NA server is impossible. I'm wondering about all the people that are getting it today from retail stores, getting home and just not being able to create anything.

Neat. Let's just hope it's better than the extra 6 hours of Phase 4 time that went from 2 AM to 8 AM for the players that were locked out for a day and a half.