Sign in to follow this  
William Dogood

Planetside 2

The only restriction on characters that I've seen so far is that you can't have, say, a vanu and a TR character on the same server.

EU Woodman, NC - Thaurian

Too bad the game runs like shit even when you can run BF3 on Ultra.

Ahh, good times were had roaming in the Nom Squad tonight.

• Blasting through a Tank blockade in a Sunderer
    Battle Bus.
  • Four Person squad of us sneak into an empty base at night. Captured all three points before the enemy notices and at the same time a five minute notification that the server is going to restart. Able to retain control of capture point C until the server goes down.

Unfortunately I already tried all those fixes and drivers, currently I have everything set to Low and render distance at 700-800 and I average around 20 fps in a combat zone. Running a GTX 560 Ti, i7 first gen , 8gb ram and all that - but I have a feeling it's related to the i7 possibly not giving it all.

Lowering the resolution of both the screen and game makes things run better, but I don't really dig that solution

Edit: Did some tweaking, game runs the same but with a tad bit higher quality

Also exp and cert rates are pretty messed up. You get jack for capping a forward base but tons for killing infantry, especially sniping as a Infiltrator :v

How in the hell do I play this? Did I miss a tutorial or something? I've been playing for about 2 minutes and have died so many times :v

No tutorial, it just drops you into the action in a random squad. It's not difficult to figure out though, typical Battlefield gameplay. Kill bad guys and capture points.. If you're a light assault class, you have a jetpack, use it to get behind the bad guys.

Try reading this post on Reddit, it pretty much sums up everything you need to know in a short list

A few points my friends and I missed out on:

Your very first cert should be spent on Nanoweave Armor. It gives +10% health for 1 cert.

Everyone can hack generators by pressing E for a few seconds. This causes the generator to destabilize, resulting in an explosion after a few moments / Stabilize (unhack) a generator as any class by going to it and pressing E for a few seconds.

You can trial weapons for 30 minutes every 8 hours. (Though a rented weapon can't be rented again for like a month on the same character)

According to someone digging around in the Planetside 2 game files, this was found.

Every purchase or pre-paid card (except SMS) of Station Cash will be tripled on December 21st - meaning if you buy one of those $15 (1500 + 500) cards from Wal-Mart and activate it on Dec 21 you get 6000 SC, worth $60

According to someone digging around in the Planetside 2 game files, this was found.

Every purchase or pre-paid card (except SMS) of Station Cash will be tripled on December 21st - meaning if you buy one of those $15 (2000 SC + NS 11 Platinum ) cards from Wal-Mart and activate it on Dec 21 you get 6000 SC, worth $60

yeah they do 2x/3x occasionally, most people were predicting one for ze holidays

also now that you can have multiple factions on the same server I've got a VS on Connery

How does this game even work

YOU GO FIGHT PEOPLE.

Also I know I talked to quite a few people about picking this game up to play tonight or tomorrow for a couple hours. Much like before we're partying on Connery as the Vanu (Weird bug envious people)

Bumping

Connery Server - Vanu - Name: EdgeOfTheToiletSeat

Waterson Server - TR - Name: Edelz

So... Who's ready for Dagobah Hossin?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=c95JhPzyMJE

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image