Sign in to follow this  
William Dogood

Planetside 2

Yes! A continent that isn't just flat landscapes with your choice of snow and spikes/occasional tree/rocks!

It looks like infiltrators and light assaults are going to have a ball here.

Absolutely.

Altho I belong to the tank division in my outfit, Im still looking forward for Hossin to go live. Having a blast with it on PTS. From my experience thus far, our division will have very limited performance range on this continent so we'll propably turn into additional infantry division that might focus more on using Lightnings and Battle Sundies.

Lattice in general is nice and I love what they did with Esamir but as a tankie division, we find less and less things to do with all these walled-in bases and tons of anti-tank measures. It is sad that tanks are more like a laughing matter these days and the whole system is completely upside down. Infantry resistance against HE-explosives has been increased so and they have been given a lot of lock-on launchers and C4 which makes tanking quite a chore. I wish they would buff HE-cannons again at least somewhat to make them more viable to include in tank squad layouts rather than just dismiss them entirely.

IMHO tanks should be dominant on open ground and be really tough to kill by infantry, only really vulnerable to air strikes. Infantry can just hide behind their huge walls and peek out to fire at the tanks from relative safety. Why not having tanks actually fearsome when coming across one outside the bases?

/rantish tone

But yeah, Hossin. Good stuff. :)

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

For those who were sitting on the sidelines or wondering if they should play now would be a great time!

Hossin is released which is a swamp themed continent!

Risen from the dead! The thread might be, but we in our outfit still live and kicking arse!

We just put out this recruitment trailer:

Risen from the dead! The thread might be, but we in our outfit still live and kicking arse!

We just put out this recruitment trailer:

Trailer looks good.  Almost makes me want to play again

I say almost because Vanu Jesus died for our tech