Sign in to follow this  
Fat Cat

Fire Emblem: Awakening

All of my yes!

Part of me though hopes they add more to it. I will be fine with just a campaign, but I never did get why they never had like a map editor/skirmish like mode. (I know one of them had like an arena local multiplayer but meh)

in Europe sometime in April.

Posted Image.

fuck

Never played a fire emblem (i know, right? who the eff am I to come in here saying that?)

but i'm totally stoaked to see a fire emblem game appear on my newly purchased handheld.. AWW YEAHHH

bring me Roy; bring me Marth... [sSB is the extent of my fire emblem knowledge =( ]

Never played a fire emblem (i know, right? who the eff am I to come in here saying that?)

but i'm totally stoaked to see a fire emblem game appear on my newly purchased handheld.. AWW YEAHHH

bring me Roy; bring me Marth... [sSB is the extent of my fire emblem knowledge =( ]

Fire Emblem games are, for the most part, disconnected, so no Roy. Marth is in this game however. Kind of. You'll see.

That said, there are DLCs that feature previous protagonists, such as Roy, Ephraim, Ike, Lin, etc. I'm not entirely sure if they can later be used in the main game, but they're available to some extent.

OH AND THIS GAME HAS A WORLD MAP WHICH IS AWESOME.

Edit: Oh and if you want to try Fire Emblem out, Sacred Stones is your best bet (arguably).

Fire Emblem games are, for the most part, disconnected, so no Roy. Marth is in this game however. Kind of. You'll see.

That said, there are DLCs that feature previous protagonists, such as Roy, Ephraim, Ike, Lin, etc. I'm not entirely sure if they can later be used in the main game, but they're available to some extent.

OH AND THIS GAME HAS A WORLD MAP WHICH IS AWESOME.

Edit: Oh and if you want to try Fire Emblem out, Sacred Stones is your best bet (arguably).

holy ballsauce. sacred stones 70 bucks on amazon.. TO THE THRIFT STORE I GO! haha

looks good tho; from an outsider perspective the vid you linked makes it look almost like a mix of final fantasy and... oh iono... the might and magic series? sort of?

will probably be picking it up.

I've been waiting for this. Never actually finished Radiant Dawn 'cause that shit was hard, so I'm looking forward to gettin' down with some more (preferably just a touch easier) Fire Emblem.

I've been waiting for this. Never actually finished Radiant Dawn 'cause that shit was hard, so I'm looking forward to gettin' down with some more (preferably just a touch easier) Fire Emblem.

There's actually a casual mode in this game that makes it to where your units don't die permanently.

There's actually a casual mode in this game that makes it to where your units don't die permanently.

DARN CASUALS RUINING MAH FIRE EMBLEMS! *shake fist*

... but seriously, looking forward to this a ton.

I might actually do the casual mode since, as much as I like Fire Emblem, I can't stand it when units die. I always reset the game until I can get through with all of my units intact, so I never really make a lot of progress in any of them since it's so tedious for me.

i.e. i am filthy casual huehue

You get to choose what stat you'll be best and worst with? That's pretty cool. The rest is pretty neat too.

Welp, I've played the demo. I love the sprite art, hnng. The gameplay is much more streamlined as well (SWITCHING WEAPONS WITH A SINGLE BUTTON) so I'm really excited for this.

As a result of that, here's a fun thing to do (plus the DLC will segue off of it to a degree).

What's everyone's top 3 favorite Fire Emblem lords? Mine are:

1. Roy

2. Ephraim

3. Eliwood

Or if you haven't played any of them, feel free to just say who looks coolest.

Europe hasn't even got a demo of the game yet

razzle-frazzle-grjknerkjnedrgn

I'd say Roy, because he fights for his fr*GUNSHOT*

Europe hasn't even got a demo of the game yet

razzle-frazzle-grjknerkjnedrgn

I'd say Roy, because he fights for his fr*GUNSHOT*

Hate to be that guy but, wasn't that Ike?

Hate to be that guy but, wasn't that Ike?

FUCK

What's everyone's top 3 favorite Fire Emblem lords?

1.Ike

2.Devdan

3.Danved

Never played a fire emblem game before, but I tried the demo and loved it; Definitely gonna pick this up

Friends getting this game, and the 3DS bundle. He just preordered it at gamestop (He was number 2 of 5 preorders).

I dont really play fire emblem at all but he seems pretty hyped about it

Friends getting this game, and the 3DS bundle. He just preordered it at gamestop (He was number 2 of 5 preorders).

I dont really play fire emblem at all but he seems pretty hyped about it

Considering the last new handheld (not remake) Fire Emblem was almost 7 years ago, people are hyped for it. Like the remake of FE2, it features create your own character and therefore your character actually plays a significant role and not just some random roy/eliwood looking clone. Edited by kingddd