Sign in to follow this  
Fat Cat

Fire Emblem: Awakening

couples

Supports that I like and recommend:

Cherche X Lonqu  (Lon'qu backstory)

Gregor X Cherche (backstory)

Panne X Henry (backstory for chapter 6 and a bit of Henry)

Libra X Tharja (Libra's backstory)

Henry X Ricken

Virion X Everybody (seriously he's the most broest character imo)

If you ever get the scramble pack, the conversations are even better.

dQ9MIfz.jpg

Seriously, the character writing in this game doesn't get enough praise.

Also, how could you not love Gregor?!

Gregor is life

Seriously, the character writing in this game doesn't get enough praise.

Actually most FE fans consider awakening to have the weakest writing in the series.  But that's a subjective thing.  Older games in the series had a more serious writing whereas Awakenings were mostly a mix of serious and silliness but moreso on the silliness which some people won't like but personally I enjoy silly more.

Also, how could you not love Gregor?!

Gregor is life

That feeling when you will never be forced to be dressed in women's clothing by gregor

0V5MXLM.png

I paired up Henry and Sumia. Because... yeah. Their interactions were pretty funny. Henry really wants to ride that pegasus.

Actually most FE fans consider awakening to have the weakest writing in the series.  But that's a subjective thing.  Older games in the series had a more serious writing whereas Awakenings were mostly a mix of serious and silliness but moreso on the silliness which some people won't like but personally I enjoy silly more.

I tried some of the previous games. I couldn't connect with the characters like I can with the ones in Awakening. I think it's the silly support conversations that does it, they flesh the characters out and make them seem more human.

I paired up Henry and Sumia. Because... yeah. Their interactions were pretty funny. Henry really wants to ride that pegasus.

I tried some of the previous games. I couldn't connect with the characters like I can with the ones in Awakening. I think it's the silly support conversations that does it, they flesh the characters out and make them seem more human.

Shadow Dragon had the best writing

it didn't.  It was awful.  No wonder fans only liked it for drawing loli Tiki hentai

Missed two characters now. This is officially the worst first playthrough ever.

Committing harakiri.

Missed two characters now. This is officially the worst first playthrough ever.

Committing harakiri.

which ones?  Don't worry most people always fuck up their first playthroughs.  I know I did when I played FE7 hell I'm screwing really badly in FE11 right now.  Your second playthrough should be more cautious on what you do.

Edited by kingddd

which ones?  Don't worry most people always fuck up their first playthroughs.  I know I did when I played FE7 hell I'm screwing really badly in FE11 right now.  Your second playthrough should be more cautious on what you do.

Miriel's son and Libra.

I see.  So how far are you now?  Considering you have passed about chapter 13 already.

15. Didn't move that much because I was too busy suffering from Obsessive OTP Disorder.

Welp, just maxed out Dancer, the rabbit class and the dragon class to 30. If I changed classes for any of them, do I get to keep the transformations or dance, or does it go away?

Welp, just maxed out Dancer, the rabbit class and the dragon class to 30. If I changed classes for any of them, do I get to keep the transformations or dance, or does it go away?

when you reclass at max level you can keep them back at the same class as before with the same stats and it will reset your main level to 1.  If you ever change them to another class you will lose your transformation or dancer class.  The only way to get back to those class is to reclass them again at base level 10.  Note that if you reclass a special class at level 30, you can reclass them to a promoted class.

However it's good idea to reclass to another class because you can obtain skills that you normally would not have.  For example, I can reclass my assassin to a swordmaster, he'll learn a skill called Astra and then I can reclass him back to assassin.  So now I have an assassin with astra.  You don't necessarily need to do this for the main game as you can playthrough it fine without doing it but when you get to post game or play DLC challenge maps, you'll need it.

Of course the most popular one is Galeforce which is obtained by Dark Fliers at level 15.

Edited by kingddd

Not really FE13 but I'm already liking where this is going in FE12

Can't argue with that. Not actual story spoiler

RkdgVJp.jpg

Edited by kingddd

I figured out how to farm cash and I can't believe how easy it is. You just give Donnel a leif blade (you can buy them from Spotpass's Leif for a very low price) and let him go on low level Spotpass teams. The leif blade pays for itself almost immediately and then some.

Oh, yeah. And he's got armsthrift. I just got 5+ bouillons for literally nothing. Not a single use on the sword.

Edited by Cedarbox

Finally finished the game last night, both endings. Thought there was a New Game+ where I can continue after I defeat it but apparently not.

Just gonna go through my list of final pairings

M                   F

Chrom           Sumia

Frederick       Lissa

Owain            Cynthia

Henry             Tharja

Brady             Noire

Basilio            Flavia

Vaike              Panne

Yarne             Nah

Inigo               Severa

Gregor           Miriel

Lon'qu           Sully

Donnel           Nowi

Gaius            Olivia

Stahl              Cordelia

Virion             Cherche

Gerome         Kjelle

Ricken           Maribelle

Morgan, Say'ri, Tiki, Anna, and the two characters I missed Laurent and Libra are not on the list. I know Basilio and Flavia can't actually get married, but COME ON it's pretty obviously OTP. Decided to have Avatar marry Lucina so I could see the dialogue difference with Lucina on my first playthrough. Otherwise, Anna or Panne are the true waifus.

Noteworthy couples are basically Virion or Gregor and EVERYBODY ELSE. Hilariously, Virion-Cherche is probably the most cut-and-dry marriage ever. No blushing, no romantic lines, just 'yeah, we get it'. For some reason, that pretty much makes them the perfect couple ever. Stahl-Tharja, Lon'qu-Cherche, and Chrom-Maribelle are noteworthy too. Also Frederick's aching man-crush on Chrom.

Finally finished the game last night, both endings. Thought there was a New Game+ where I can continue after I defeat it but apparently not.

Just gonna go through my list of final pairings

M                   F

Chrom           Sumia

Frederick       Lissa

Owain            Cynthia

Henry             Tharja

Brady             Noire

Basilio            Flavia

Vaike              Panne

Yarne             Nah

Inigo               Severa

Gregor           Miriel

Lon'qu           Sully

Donnel           Nowi

Gaius            Olivia

Stahl              Cordelia

Virion             Cherche

Gerome         Kjelle

Ricken           Maribelle

Morgan, Say'ri, Tiki, Anna, and the two characters I missed Laurent and Libra are not on the list. I know Basilio and Flavia can't actually get married, but COME ON it's pretty obviously OTP. Decided to have Avatar marry Lucina so I could see the dialogue difference with Lucina on my first playthrough. Otherwise, Anna or Panne are the true waifus.

Noteworthy couples are basically Virion or Gregor and EVERYBODY ELSE. Hilariously, Virion-Cherche is probably the most cut-and-dry marriage ever. No blushing, no romantic lines, just 'yeah, we get it'. For some reason, that pretty much makes them the perfect couple ever. Stahl-Tharja, Lon'qu-Cherche, and Chrom-Maribelle are noteworthy too. Also Frederick's aching man-crush on Chrom.

Congrats.  What difficulty were you playing anyway?  Any plans on the DLC you want to get? 2nd playthrough?  

Virion is the most broest character and has the best writing in my opinion with every support.  I especially love his S support with the Female Avatar.  

The female avatar has some unique support conversations that isn't in the male version like Lucina, Lon'qu, Chrom, Tiki and many others.  So that's one playthrough you can try out.  Especially Lucina's support with the Female Avatar if she is not married to Chrom.  She gets so electra complex it's hilarious

Edited by kingddd

Was playing on Normal, but I'm probably staying with that. Not actually that great on Tactics games, since I'm more of a 'use everyone and bring whoever's low-leveled and keep using what weapon isn't A-rank yet' type person rather than having a balanced elite team that can do this and that.

Will do a new game eventually, after I get all the characters I didn't yet and finish all the support conversations I didn't yet. Probably gonna make a male character still (look the same too, except maybe diff hair colour) just so I can have the Avatar marry someone I actually planned to.

When I found out the female Avatar can marry Gangrel, I'm tempted to go for it because that's hilarious.

Was playing on Normal, but I'm probably staying with that. Not actually that great on Tactics games, since I'm more of a 'use everyone and bring whoever's low-leveled and keep using what weapon isn't A-rank yet' type person rather than having a balanced elite team that can do this and that.

Will do a new game eventually, after I get all the characters I didn't yet and finish all the support conversations I didn't yet. Probably gonna make a male character still (look the same too, except maybe diff hair colour) just so I can have the Avatar marry someone I actually planned to.

When I found out the female Avatar can marry Gangrel, I'm tempted to go for it because that's hilarious.

0X21Ui5.jpg

Welp, everyone is in a Bride costume. Finally time to start a new game.

Might do Olivia for Chrom this time just because it's a little trickier to do, but his S-Rank with Sully was one of the daawww-est things ever too. It's a little creepy, but I'll probably pair Lon'qu with Nowi this time because their support dialogue is just oh so damn adorable. And I'll actually do the Spot Pass and Future Past quests this time around.

Welp, everyone is in a Bride costume. Finally time to start a new game.

Might do Olivia for Chrom this time just because it's a little trickier to do, but his S-Rank with Sully was one of the daawww-est things ever too. It's a little creepy, but I'll probably pair Lon'qu with Nowi this time because their support dialogue is just oh so damn adorable. And I'll actually do the Spot Pass and Future Past quests this time around.

It's honestly not that hard to get Olivia to marry Chrom. Just make Olivia pair up with Chrom and have him kill a cople of weak units.  Or the easy but long and boring way is have her constant dance her ass in front of him.

If you ever have a chance, the scramble is a great one to see character interactions outside of the normal game like extra dialogue for Avatar X Lucina in the Spring scramble etc.

It's honestly not that hard to get Olivia to marry Chrom. Just make Olivia pair up with Chrom and have him kill a cople of weak units.  Or the easy but long and boring way is have her constant dance her ass in front of him.

I think the easier way to do it is just have every other eligible character be married at that point. That's pretty much what happened in my original playthrough.

Mind you, I kind of regret pairing Chrom with Sumia even though the intro pretty much says they're OTP

Sumia: "Hey Chrom, I baked you a pie."

Chrom: "MARRY ME!"

I think the easier way to do it is just have every other eligible character be married at that point. That's pretty much what happened in my original playthrough.

Mind you, I kind of regret pairing Chrom with Sumia even though the intro pretty much says they're OTP

Sumia: "Hey Chrom, I baked you a pie."

Chrom: "MARRY ME!"

If you ever get a chance make sure to get Sumia married immediately because her bachelor options are very limited and people have accidentally made her unable to marry anyone.

Gaius X Sumia is one of my OTPs for support dialogues.  But if you want the best Cynthia genes, Henry X Sumia is the best to make Cynthia the most OP dark flier.  But Henry and Sumia's support is also great.  The reason is that Gaius passes on the pegasus knight genes so it's kind of a waste.  However Gaius and Tharja is great because you get awesome dialogues between two mischievous characters and galeforce Noire to boot.

To be honest Sumia's support with other characters that aren't Chrom are great.

Edited by kingddd

If you ever get a chance make sure to get Sumia married immediately because her bachelor options are very limited and people have accidentally made her unable to marry anyone.

A lot of people have a limited pool, like the SpotPass characters, Say'ri, Tiki, and Anna. And even then, chances are you'll have at least 2 male characters from the 1st generation who remain single. Mine was Kellam and Libra (whom I missed).

I'll probably do Stahl-Tharja this time because theirs was pretty hilarious too, but Henry-Tharja is still best couple ever.