Sign in to follow this  
Fat Cat

Fire Emblem: Awakening

A lot of people have a limited pool, like the SpotPass characters, Say'ri, Tiki, and Anna. And even then, chances are you'll have at least 2 male characters from the 1st generation who remain single. Mine was Kellam and Libra (whom I missed).

I'll probably do Stahl-Tharja this time because theirs was pretty hilarious too, but Henry-Tharja is still best couple ever.

I personally never made Libra and Kellam marry considering i never use them and magic has been buffed so much in this game that Kellam gets annihilated really easily from it and Libra is a prepromote so I hardly ever use him.  Then again I always go for no grind runthroughs like in the old FEs so I never use prepromotes.  Most of Kellam's supports aren't great with the exception of Maribelle's.  Then again maribelle's support with everyone are all great like Virion's.  What is it with nobles having the best dialogues in this game?

It really sucks because I like all the prepromotes in this game compared to the other prepromote characters.  I love Frederick's dedication, Libra can be pretty funny especially with Virion's support, Say'ri and Tiki is a gold mine and Basilio with female avatar is hilarious.

If you ever get a chance to get Libra, Tharja's support with Libra is great for knowing his backstory a bit more.  It's pretty interesting considering he has sorcerer as his reclass option.

Edited by kingddd

Just saw Donnel and Panne's S-Rank.

...What the hell?

Well that's weird. Everyone who gets married says 'husband' or 'wife' on their card, but Owain and Cynthia's says 'companion' for some reason.

Also, is it more beneficial if I level farmer up to 30 or just switch to a different class at 20? Is there a benefit to redoing Farmer? Because for Olivia I just reset 'Dancer' to lvl1 because Dancer is freaking awesome.

Also doing a replay without grinding this time. It's crazy how obsessive I have to be when it comes to positioning and turn orders to get through some of the dungeons that have enemies 10 levels higher than mine. Also, Nah's dungeon is an asshole.

Well that's weird. Everyone who gets married says 'husband' or 'wife' on their card, but Owain and Cynthia's says 'companion' for some reason.

Also, is it more beneficial if I level farmer up to 30 or just switch to a different class at 20? Is there a benefit to redoing Farmer? Because for Olivia I just reset 'Dancer' to lvl1 because Dancer is freaking awesome.

Also doing a replay without grinding this time. It's crazy how obsessive I have to be when it comes to positioning and turn orders to get through some of the dungeons that have enemies 10 levels higher than mine. Also, Nah's dungeon is an asshole.

If they're cousins it will say companion.  Did you make Cynthia's father Chrom?

It's pointless to level up the villager up to level 30 since you have a really low status cap and you learn a skill at level 15.  All special classes learn their last skill at level 15 so it's not worth keeping villager at level 30 at all.  For Olivia you can keep her as dancer if you want but she should at least learn other skills from other classes if she wants but of course this is not worthvit if you are doing a nogrind playthrough.

Yeah no grinding is the true FE experience since older titles don't allow you grind.  There were stuff like arenas like the Colosseum stage in the new Smash Bros 4 stages which allowed you to grind units but it has a lot of high risk of losing your units for doing it and you have to pay money to do so.  FE8 and FE13 are the only games that had random battles.

Nah's dungeon is the hardest map in my opinion.  Doesn't help that saving the villagers in Gerome's map is really hard too.

Edited by kingddd

If they're cousins it will say companion

tumblr_n6xhjdIms41shheawo3_250.jpg

japan, get your incest fetish looked into

tumblr_n6xhjdIms41shheawo3_250.jpg

And in the Japanese version it will say married.  Fire Emblem always had some form of incest in their games.  FE8 had a lot of implication between Erika and Ephraim and FE4's story is literally incest emblem considering that game started the marriage system.  There's a good reason why we don't have FE4 and FE5 translated.

I don't have a problem with it as long as it's fictional incest. It's like fictional loli: it's A-Okay.

FE-unrelated question, but doesn't incest happen in the US too? Like a lot? Isn't that a thing that happened in Game of Thrones? I don't have the knowledge, so I'm just curious.

FE-unrelated question, but doesn't incest happen in the US too? Like a lot? Isn't that a thing that happened in Game of Thrones? I don't have the knowledge, so I'm just curious.

Well, in GoT, there are cases of incest (the royalty in medieval times was like that, so, kudos for historical accuracy, I guess?); and some american states are infamous for allowing marriage between cousins (while lynching gay people at the same time). Either way, it's still frowned upon. By most people. I guess. Dunno.

You're right about the fact that it's just fiction, and it's not inflammatory in this case. It's just that I find it to be a disturbingly frequent trope in Japanese fiction.

And if incestuous marriage is allowed in FE:A, why not gay marriage? Ah, well. As long as we all agree Tharja is best waifu/ass.

I went with Lucina the first time around just because I know about that scene, and it IS better if she's related to you in some way. However, the support conversations with Lucina were rather dry, so it didn't really feel like there was any chemistry with Lucina.

Given the choice, I'd have gone with Panne, but the pool of eligible batchelors is small as it is, so Anna is my waifu.

But as an ass-man... yes, Tharja always.

On first playthrough, I thought Ricken-Maribelle was OTP, but now I think it's Donnel-Maribelle. And while I can pair Virion with ANYBODY, Virion-Cherche is Awakening's best pairing ever.

I went with Lucina the first time around just because I know about that scene, and it IS better if she's related to you in some way. However, the support conversations with Lucina were rather dry, so it didn't really feel like there was any chemistry with Lucina.

Her conversations with the Avatar in the spring scramble makes up for it though.

On first playthrough, I thought Ricken-Maribelle was OTP, but now I think it's Donnel-Maribelle. And while I can pair Virion with ANYBODY, Virion-Cherche is Awakening's best pairing ever.

Seeing her son's Brady's mannerisms, yeah, I like to think Donnel is the father.