• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3953 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 08:11 PM

Got two items: something called a Master Seal and something called a Second Seal. Former advances a class and latter changes the class.

Not sure who I should advance first, but I guess either MC, Chrom, or Panne? They're the only 3 characters with unique classes, though I'm not sure what the devil the 'Tactician' class even DOES, let alone its advanced form. Same goes for Lord. Those sound more like jobs than classes.

I was going with Donnel, but apparently the game doesn't think SUPERFARMER is a legitimate class. 0/10.

Not sure if there are any characters I want to change the class with. Not even Donnel. He can be a farmer forever. I'll probably just stick to story classes because PLOT.

Running out of Panne's Beaststone, and unless I can buy some she's gonna be out of the fight for now. Also, I may have overleveled a bit because I got Cordelia and she's only lvl7 while everyone else is 14. And now that she's shown up I suddenly want to pair her up with Chrom too.

Personally, I'd forget about Panne and go with your unit or Chrom. I never got much use out of Panne, those beaststones are expensive and hard to get in the first half of the game.

Anything Donnel switches to is better than being a villager. I went mercenary for him. He gets a skill that cuts down on how fast he'll go through weapons. Don't be afraid to use the second seal. It might sound like it's a side grade but you get access to new skills which can synergize really well.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#42 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 08:17 PM

Got two items: something called a Master Seal and something called a Second Seal. Former advances a class and latter changes the class.

Not sure who I should advance first, but I guess either MC, Chrom, or Panne? They're the only 3 characters with unique classes, though I'm not sure what the devil the 'Tactician' class even DOES, let alone its advanced form. Same goes for Lord. Those sound more like jobs than classes.

I was going with Donnel, but apparently the game doesn't think SUPERFARMER is a legitimate class. 0/10.

Not sure if there are any characters I want to change the class with. Not even Donnel. He can be a farmer forever. I'll probably just stick to story classes because PLOT.

Running out of Panne's Beaststone, and unless I can buy some she's gonna be out of the fight for now. Also, I may have overleveled a bit because I got Cordelia and she's only lvl7 while everyone else is 14. And now that she's shown up I suddenly want to pair her up with Chrom too.

There are three unique classes in this game,  Base, Promoted and Special.

Base = pretty much where majority of units you recruit starts

Promoted = Better version of the Base Class and level 21 and up class

Special = Manakatees, Taguels, Dancers, Villagers etc.  These classes only go up to level 30 and have no promoted class versions.

Basically you should only promote at level 20 on your base class because when you promote using a Master Seal, you essentially change that character to level 21.  So it is better to promote later than to promote early because it means your exp gain will be less early if you promote early against low level enemies.

When you promote you have to consider the changes carefully on what you want.  For example, cavaliers promote to Paladin or Great Knight.  Great Knights can carry 3 of the different weapons and have good armor however their resistance is shit.  Paladins have better resistance and higher movement abilities.

You cannot promote villager so you have to reclass them.  Villager has a special skill that they can obtain once he reaches level 15.  Once you do, reclass him immediately to either an axe user or mercenary.

The reasons you would reclass is to obtain more skills for the specific unit.  Although in my opinion for your first runthrough, you shouldn't worry about reclassing unless it is for post-game purposes as I never reclassed the entire playthrough.  However, if you do reach a maximum level, you have to reclass in order to gain more levels and exp and stats.  Note that if your promoted class is level 10, you can reclass to another promoted class and same vice versa for base class.  However when you reached the max level say 20, you can reclass back to the same class and reset your levels to 1 but keep all your stats.  Keep in mind when you reclass say an Axe User to Sword User and back to Axe User you will keep all the stats and weapon ranks that you earned.

Lords, Tacticians only have one promotion class so you shouldn't have to worry about which one you choose.

Beaststones should be purchasable after chapter 12 I believe.  However there is a boss in chapter 10 that will give you a beaststone.

Due note that by around chapter 17 you want all your main units to be promoted because that's when all enemy units will be promoted classes.

Note:

Cordelia does not have support with Chrom so it's pointless because of her characteristics reasons.  You'll find out in her supports.

Edited by kingddd, August 06 2014 - 08:35 PM.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#43 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted August 06 2014 - 08:47 PM

So should I just stick to Tactician/Lord for MC/Chrom?

Cordelia does not have support with Chrom so it's pointless because of her characteristics reasons.  You'll find out in her supports.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great, who the hell am I going to pair her with now? I must obsess over this quickly...

#44 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 09:14 PM

So should I just stick to Tactician/Lord for MC/Chrom?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great, who the hell am I going to pair her with now? I must obsess over this quickly...

Just promote/master seal Tactician to Grandmaster and Lord to Great Lord after level 20.

Cordelia works well with Lon'qu and Stahl imo.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#45 Ager

Ager

Shitposter extraordinaire

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted August 07 2014 - 02:27 AM

The Tactician's deal is that it's the only unit that simultaneously use magic and melee weapons.

Depending on stats you picked at the start, you can have a powerhouse in both the ranged and melee department.

Also, they get the "Rally All" skill, which buffs all resistances of nearby units, which is amazing.

#46 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 03:19 AM

Hmm... Nothing in the instruction manual says anything about offspring or the 2nd generation or whatnot. What chapter does that happen? Is that like a timeskip thing or what?

EDIT: Crap, I missed Libra. I must now commit harakiri.

This game has a lot of DLC, but a bit pricey if I get them all. Any noteworthy ones? Alt outfits are noteworthy, but I'm not sure if this game has any.

#47 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 05:15 AM

Hmm... Nothing in the instruction manual says anything about offspring or the 2nd generation or whatnot. What chapter does that happen? Is that like a timeskip thing or what?

EDIT: Crap, I missed Libra. I must now commit harakiri.

This game has a lot of DLC, but a bit pricey if I get them all. Any noteworthy ones? Alt outfits are noteworthy, but I'm not sure if this game has any.

They don't say it because it was originally a spoiler.  After Chapter 13 is when you can recruit 2nd generation

For DLCs check: http://serenesforest...e13/dlc_na.html

Series 1 DLCs are mostly not worth it since they are just old maps from old games and majority of the rewards are just recruit old characters that have no bearing with the main story.  The main story is this old man lost his cards but these cards summon old characters from old games.  There are some funny conversations between the units but overall majority of them are not worth with the exceptions of some of the rewards.  

Series 2 DLCs are the ones I do most recommend to get majority of them as there are great support conversations between characters that normally don't have together and it has maps that with a lot of random tiles and a post-game story.  The challenge pack is a bit on the iffy side and apotheosis do not approach this until you max out all your units.

The ones I recommend are the bottom.

Series1:

Lost Bloodlines 2 - Dread Scroll  Gives you the Dread Fighter Class (male exclusive)  a class from FE gaiden, gives you sword, axe and tomes. Note that it's a Special class so it goes up to level 30.  A very offensive class

Lost Bloodlines 3 -  Paragon   Doubles your exp for a skill slot
Smash Brethren 2 - Wedding Bouquet Gives you the Bride Class (Female exclusive) for all your waifu needs. Lance, Bow, Staff.  It's also a special class so it goes up to level 30. A support class
Rogues and Redeemers 3 - Limit Breaker increases your stat caps by 10 however this is a very difficult map and for post-game.  Fills up a skill slot.

Golden Pack - the 3 maps which gives you EXP, Gold or Legendary Weapons.  However I do not recommend you get any of these until you have at least beaten the game once because that's essentially cheating the game early. Note that Golden pack is only good for low levels for leveling up about 40 levels or so.  After that, it's pointless to farm exp there.

Series 2:
Scramble Pack
Harvest - extends the current existing support conversation and some other characters that don't normally have support 
Summer - Focused on 1st gen characters who don't have support together, Chrom, Gaius, Cordelia and Tharja have a special CG scene and a special Avatar conversation if they are married to him/her.  Any units in Sorceror will be in a bikini or trunks.
Hot-Spring - Focused on 2nd gen character who don't have support together and spotpass characters (post-game characters), Lucina, Owain, Severa and Inigo have a special CG scene and a special Avatar conversation if they are married to him/her or related.  Any units in Swordmaster will be in a Yukata.

Future Past Pack
Should only be played after you beat the game.  A very difficult map pack.  An extension of the story.  Huge spoilers if you don't beat the game.

Challenge Pack
Should only be played if you have nothing else to do.  Difficult maps that even I still have problems with.

Apotheosis
Should only be played if you have beaten everything else and this map's enemies are ridiculous.  Prepare a lot of rallies, overlimits, rescues and have units with ratings of 300 or 400 because this is for freaks.

Edited by kingddd, August 07 2014 - 05:31 AM.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#48 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 11:17 AM

I'd tell you how I'm enjoying the plot or the gameplay, but who gives a crap? Listing out my first-generation pairings because that's basically what this game is about.

Chrom-Sumia; Stahl-Corderlia; Frederick-Lissa, Lon'qu-Sully; Donnel-Nowi; Ricken-Maribelle; Virion-Cherche; Vaike-Panne. So far.

Was going to do Gaius-Panne;Vaike-Miriel but accidentally unlocking Vaike-Panne I thought their chemistry was better. Was also going with Virion-Sully but that ended weird and Lon'qu was a better choice.

And as much as I like my lolis, 1000-year what-the-hell-are-you-wearing dragonkid had to be married to another kid or else it would have been really awkward. Avatar might be going for Anna because (1) Anna is kind of insane and (2) she can only have a relationship with the Avatar.

#49 Ager

Ager

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted August 08 2014 - 01:19 PM

And as much as I like my lolis, 1000-year what-the-hell-are-you-wearing dragonkid had to be married to another kid or else it would have been really awkward. 

relevant:

comic296_zps6463473c.png

#50 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:24 PM

I'm actually surprised with some of the relationships that gets built in the game. Didn't think much of Gregor at first (mostly because of the hokey accent), but he had a lot of honest thoughtful moments with some of the characters, particularly Miriel -- which is great, because Miriel didn't have an OTP yet. But she had a great one with Gaius too. Even for some of the characters I paired that aren't married either, like Virion-Penne and Nemi-Henry. Characters only open up their backstories to certain people and not specifically to husband/wives, and that's pretty realistic.

And then when the children start showing up, DAMN. There is a lot of feels moments, particularly with the mothers and how glad they are to get a second chance to get to know them before they died in the sucky future. I don't think you even know about Lissa's backstory UNTIL you talk to her kid, and then you find out a lot of the things she's been worrying about.

Honestly, this game has better relationships than most anime I've seen where it's more of an afterthought. They don't have to be love, they can be friendships or just camaraderie too, and that feels more honest.

Also, Tharja and Henry. Best couple EVER.

#51 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 11:53 PM

couples

Supports that I like and recommend:

Cherche X Lonqu  (Lon'qu backstory)

Gregor X Cherche (backstory)

Panne X Henry (backstory for chapter 6 and a bit of Henry)

Libra X Tharja (Libra's backstory)

Henry X Ricken

Virion X Everybody (seriously he's the most broest character imo)

If you ever get the scramble pack, the conversations are even better.

Spoiler:
dQ9MIfz.jpg

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#52 Ager

Ager

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted August 11 2014 - 03:42 AM

Seriously, the character writing in this game doesn't get enough praise.

Also, how could you not love Gregor?!

Gregor is life

#53 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 04:53 AM

Seriously, the character writing in this game doesn't get enough praise.

Actually most FE fans consider awakening to have the weakest writing in the series.  But that's a subjective thing.  Older games in the series had a more serious writing whereas Awakenings were mostly a mix of serious and silliness but moreso on the silliness which some people won't like but personally I enjoy silly more.

Also, how could you not love Gregor?!

Gregor is life

That feeling when you will never be forced to be dressed in women's clothing by gregor

0V5MXLM.png

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#54 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3953 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 05:33 AM

I paired up Henry and Sumia. Because... yeah. Their interactions were pretty funny. Henry really wants to ride that pegasus.

Actually most FE fans consider awakening to have the weakest writing in the series.  But that's a subjective thing.  Older games in the series had a more serious writing whereas Awakenings were mostly a mix of serious and silliness but moreso on the silliness which some people won't like but personally I enjoy silly more.

I tried some of the previous games. I couldn't connect with the characters like I can with the ones in Awakening. I think it's the silly support conversations that does it, they flesh the characters out and make them seem more human.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#55 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 06:17 AM

I paired up Henry and Sumia. Because... yeah. Their interactions were pretty funny. Henry really wants to ride that pegasus.

I tried some of the previous games. I couldn't connect with the characters like I can with the ones in Awakening. I think it's the silly support conversations that does it, they flesh the characters out and make them seem more human.

Shadow Dragon had the best writing

Spoiler:
it didn't.  It was awful.  No wonder fans only liked it for drawing loli Tiki hentai

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#56 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 06:58 PM

Missed two characters now. This is officially the worst first playthrough ever.

Committing harakiri.

#57 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 07:17 PM

Missed two characters now. This is officially the worst first playthrough ever.

Committing harakiri.

which ones?  Don't worry most people always fuck up their first playthroughs.  I know I did when I played FE7 hell I'm screwing really badly in FE11 right now.  Your second playthrough should be more cautious on what you do.

Edited by kingddd, August 11 2014 - 07:18 PM.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#58 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 09:19 PM

which ones?  Don't worry most people always fuck up their first playthroughs.  I know I did when I played FE7 hell I'm screwing really badly in FE11 right now.  Your second playthrough should be more cautious on what you do.

Miriel's son and Libra.

#59 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 09:20 PM

Miriel's son and Libra.

I see.  So how far are you now?  Considering you have passed about chapter 13 already.

yVRxnqJ.png

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#60 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 09:23 PM

I see.  So how far are you now?  Considering you have passed about chapter 13 already.

15. Didn't move that much because I was too busy suffering from Obsessive OTP Disorder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users