#82 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 05:40 AM

tumblr_n6xhjdIms41shheawo3_250.jpg

japan, get your incest fetish looked into

And in the Japanese version it will say married.  Fire Emblem always had some form of incest in their games.  FE8 had a lot of implication between Erika and Ephraim and FE4's story is literally incest emblem considering that game started the marriage system.  There's a good reason why we don't have FE4 and FE5 translated.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#83 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted August 24 2014 - 01:30 PM

I don't have a problem with it as long as it's fictional incest. It's like fictional loli: it's A-Okay.

japan, get your incest fetish looked into

FE-unrelated question, but doesn't incest happen in the US too? Like a lot? Isn't that a thing that happened in Game of Thrones? I don't have the knowledge, so I'm just curious.

#84 Ager

Ager

Shitposter extraordinaire

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted August 24 2014 - 02:47 PM

FE-unrelated question, but doesn't incest happen in the US too? Like a lot? Isn't that a thing that happened in Game of Thrones? I don't have the knowledge, so I'm just curious.

Well, in GoT, there are cases of incest (the royalty in medieval times was like that, so, kudos for historical accuracy, I guess?); and some american states are infamous for allowing marriage between cousins (while lynching gay people at the same time). Either way, it's still frowned upon. By most people. I guess. Dunno.

You're right about the fact that it's just fiction, and it's not inflammatory in this case. It's just that I find it to be a disturbingly frequent trope in Japanese fiction.

And if incestuous marriage is allowed in FE:A, why not gay marriage? Ah, well. As long as we all agree Tharja is best waifu/ass.

#85 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted August 24 2014 - 02:53 PM

I went with Lucina the first time around just because I know about that scene, and it IS better if she's related to you in some way. However, the support conversations with Lucina were rather dry, so it didn't really feel like there was any chemistry with Lucina.

Given the choice, I'd have gone with Panne, but the pool of eligible batchelors is small as it is, so Anna is my waifu.

But as an ass-man... yes, Tharja always.

On first playthrough, I thought Ricken-Maribelle was OTP, but now I think it's Donnel-Maribelle. And while I can pair Virion with ANYBODY, Virion-Cherche is Awakening's best pairing ever.

#86 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 03:42 PM

I went with Lucina the first time around just because I know about that scene, and it IS better if she's related to you in some way. However, the support conversations with Lucina were rather dry, so it didn't really feel like there was any chemistry with Lucina.

Her conversations with the Avatar in the spring scramble makes up for it though.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#87 Ager

Ager

Shitposter extraordinaire

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted August 24 2014 - 04:16 PM

On first playthrough, I thought Ricken-Maribelle was OTP, but now I think it's Donnel-Maribelle. And while I can pair Virion with ANYBODY, Virion-Cherche is Awakening's best pairing ever.

Seeing her son's Brady's mannerisms, yeah, I like to think Donnel is the father.

#88 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3965 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 06:45 PM

fire_emblem_awakening___sumia_by_calssar

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo