Sign in to follow this  
kingddd

Monster Hunter 4

I got a demo code + one to share if anyone is looking for one

I'd appreciate it if you don't mind

sent.

I might buy a thumb stylus for this game. If the CPP XL ever falls under $20 I'll probably snag that. 

If anyone is still on the fence, Walmart has it for 27 with free shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate-Nintendo-3DS/37688623

Amazon price matched but they appear to be sold out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/2t6wvq/amazon_has_price_matched_walmarts_monster_hunter/

Note on walmart you won't get it until the following monday after streetdate. 

Edited by granola

Damn, that was fast. Guess I'll have to go with Gamestop then :(

If you pre-order from Best Buy you'll get a $10 gift card (for future purchase). (should, I'm not sure if the deal is still going on) 

Edited by granola

If you pre-order from Best Buy you'll get a $10 gift card (for future purchase). (should, I'm not sure if the deal is still going on) 

Eh, I have a $15 coupon on any item at Gamestop, so I can use it on the game when I get it.

I am loving the charge sword. Feels like the switch axe but with a different mechanic. I'm not sure which one I'm gonna choose when I get the game.

Maybe I'll appreciate it more on the N3DS at 60FPS, but currently I think MH3U is the better looking game.

Speaking of graphics, apparently MH4U is better looking on N3DS as well.

rGah91pl.jpg

FcxdqDE.jpg

IyWj4MB.jpg

Yeah, they don't seem to like how little content was added from MH4 to MH4G (the game we're getting). They're also upset with the much steeper difficulty curve on account of adding online multiplayer, making it fairly unreasonable for solo players to clear all the content in the game. The previous portable games have had a smoother difficulty curve since many people would be playing alone. They also seem to be unhappy with how fast and random monsters are in G rank (the highest difficulty) content, being unable to just wait and watch for openings.

The series has always been challenging, but it sounds like MH4G/U ramps up in difficulty far more than any previous entry and the solo players are frustrated.

MH4 by comparison has a much more favorable rating.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B005MNP140/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=03MZG10S5JG6E7ZMJF90&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=155416469&pf_rd_i=489986

Seriously though, one week. I'm gonna piss myself

i hope it gets delayed.