Sign in to follow this  
Isotoxin

Wildstar

Just a WoW clone, or something more?

Well, as far as the trailer says, it's going to get f**kin' real.

These videos are not in the order that they are released, but when they are discovered by me.

Hurt your enemies! Make the environment hurt your enemies! Hell, make your enemies hurt your enemies!

Combat telegraphing and hitboxes! Use them!

By the way, hitboxes apply to you too! And in PvP! And everything! This video also explains it, as well as more on classes and what-not.

Edited by Isotoxin

Wildstar wants to talk about housing!

Personally, I was convinced the moment they put the chair on the floating upside-down table.

Edited by Isotoxin

As a seasoned WoW player I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this game (and it's totally not because I get to be a pistol-weilding mage, haha, not in the slightest >w>; )

The housing is pretty much just icing on the cake for me. But, we'll see how long it lasts. Tera didn't last long for me and I didn't even get into Guild Wars 2 at all, and both of those I was excited for. In the end it might come down to whether I can get friends to join me or not.

First off, this caught my eye a little when I looked at it. It sorta seems like everyone is able to "enchant" their stuff in some sort of way. Those who specialize will obviously get more perks in the process, but everyone can "enchant".

Circuit Board Crafting! It's like Enchantment, but it isn't!

Also, a certain picture appeared on the website today...

Posted Image

Some of us had Chinese food for lunch today, and our fortune cookie read: The person that keeps an eye on their spam filter will be rewarded.

Edited by Isotoxin

I know one of the guys on the dev team and i can assure you this game is going to be pretty awesome. I'll be picking it up from what I've seen.

Just an hour ago to this minute, Totalbiscuit got his PAX footage up and running.

One such thing included Wildstar gameplay, which also recently went into closed beta!

Video 1, 6:50 into it;

"I'll make a cut here, so.."

*Doesn't make a cut*

Troll-talBiscuit.

Movement! It becomes useful!

Sprinting! Double-jumping! Combat dodging! Not getting shot in the dick by a laser!

Edited by Isotoxin

We'll be sending out lots more beta invites.... soon.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzLd8EK3sU

There we go. That's a pretty proper video of my reaction.

Edited by Isotoxin

Stress test invitations for this weekend are apparently being handed out i didn't get one ;A;

Chances of actually receiving an invite is unlikely.

I still doooon't quite understand the mechanics of the Settler path. They build things, yes, but realistically not permanent things? If things were permanent, newer Settlers wouldn't need or have the chance to build the important stuff. But temporary, how temporary are we talking? Little more than "This thing lasts a few minutes on a timer then disappears."?

Wildstar would now like to talk to you about MONEY.

And I mean in-game money economies. Not real money. At least not yet? Question mark?

So what path would everyone be taking anyway? I'm thinking explorer since I like running around. Or maybe soldier since I like the idea of big boss fights. Just curious to know everyone else's since it'll be nice to have a party of all of them at some point.

I'm definitely on the sides of either Explorer or Settler. Haven't seen many things like that in other MMOs yet and I'm curious how Wildstar will handle it.