Sign in to follow this  
Isotoxin

Wildstar

I definitely wanna try out Settler. Being able to construct that kinda stuff just seems right up my alley. Plus I imagine I'd be able to get some sweet stuff for my home.

Scientist looks like fun as well, I think this game will be awesome with this aspect versus it being a profession like in other games where the you only really craft/gather things and that is about it and rarely have any quests associated with it.

Wildstar would like you to know about the recent stress test that they held!

By the way, starter zones are instanced.

Also, there will be more tests.

Edited by Isotoxin

Wildstar would like to talk to you about MONEY. AGAIN.

One question is about real money trading and also the possible prevention of gold farming! Real money is involved this time!

Wildstar would like to talk to you about Closed Beta 3! PvP is trending, and everyone wants to kill eachother!

However, on the flip-side, Wildstar wants YOU to talk to THEM, thanks to the Pay it Forward Week initiative!

You don't need Facebook to submit anymore! Tell them what you've done to make the talk about Wildstar so great (fanart, fan music, fan cosplay, fan fans, etc.) and you will possibly be considered for a Wildstar beta invite! Those things are like gold nowadays!

Wildstar would like to talk to you about mod implementation! Whether it be for RP, PvP, or whatever the heck you want!

Also, they still want you to talk to them about the Pay it Forward Week initiative! Why do they keep extending it? I wish I knew.

Forget about me? You probably did, but now Wildstar would like to literally talk to you about something and not just type it this time.

AIMING.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjQLsE02OPg

So some of the team from Wildstar are going to be at Comic Con. They're going to have a panel called "Bringing an MMO to Life: The Stories and Characters of Wildstar"

here's the little blurb from the Comic Con page:

Storytelling and character development in MMOs can be extremely challenging, but both are vital when trying to launch a new IP. Lead narrative designer Chad Moore, content director Mike Donatelli, creative director Matt Mocarski, and design producer Stephen Frost will break down how characters and stories are developed in WildStar, and the ways they are reflected in the game. Carbine Studio will talk about the creation of key characters, the development of story arcs, and how it all culminates into making the player the star of the show.

They also announced on their Facebook page that they will unveil the two final races planned for the release of the game that they have been teasing for a long while. And they are going to have a small meeting at a nearby hotel afterwards. Pretty awesome, I'ma try to get into the panel :D

Edited by Auradragon

WHAT COULD IT MEAN

They're announcing the last two races at their Comic Con Panel on that day :D Edited by Auradragon

They're announcing the last two races at their Comic Con Panel on that day :D

EVERYONE RUINS THE SURPRISE

Still hyped as all hell, though.

EVERYONE RUINS THE SURPRISE

Still hyped as all hell, though.

Oh heck yeah, I'm hopefully gonna be at the panel o3o can't wait to see!

Yup, they revealed the Chua and Mordesh at the panel. It was pretty awesome to see :3 They call the races "dirty little secrets" because each one is out of their element with their "chosen" allies.

The Chua are rodents with a penchant for violence, explosions, and griefing the hell out of everyone. They are uncivilized, obnoxious, annoying, but some of the best inventors in the universe. Their machines fuel the Dominion, and they would jut be a group of blundering posh jerks without them.

The Mordesh were once a race of incomparable beauty. They had it literally perfected. However, they were also interested in dark alchemy. One horrible discovery they made was a disease that rotted their flesh and drove them towards insanity. Left unchecked they would turn into a mindless zombie. They delved deeper into alchemy to try to discover a cure. Eventually a did (can't remember what thy called it). But in order for it to work they had to literally hack limbs off and replace them with vials of the solution. Now they are rotted zombie cyborgs, and although they don't much like their allies, they are not accepted anywhere else.

They described both races as "those guys at the party that no one wants there, but no one wants to tell them to leave". The Chua are raving lunatics, but without them the dominion would have no technology. The Mordesh are jerks, creepy, and everyone knows they are out of place, but at the same time they don't really fit in anywhere else, just like the other Exiles. I really like what they did with these two, they did not disappoint in the least!

I got into the next stress test

I was not ready for this

Am I breaking NDA with this post

SOS send help

I didn't care at first (since I really dislike MMOs taking up my... well, life), but my brother showed me the trailers yesterday. I'm definitely excited now.

Hopefully, it's a F2P model (if you have to buy the copy first, I'm fine with that).

It's been quite a while since the devs told you things, but Wildstar would now like to talk to you about the state of the beta!

One point you may want to focus on is the removal of numerical quest objectives and mob-tagging for quest items. No more poking someone else's bear for eight bear asses!