Sign in to follow this  
Isotoxin

Wildstar

Spellslinger's name is HelpMeowt, not sure what I'm gonna name my warrior yet

I saw you in the XAS pit in Algoroc!

Scrub. :V

Here are a few addons that are totally worth your time.

Ayth_Quest

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220588-ayth_quest

Draws a series of dots that point to quest objectives and givers. Unlike the annoying quest arrow, these don't disappear after 5 seconds, making you click the quest again.

JunkIt

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/junkit

Adds a button to vendors that will sell all your useless crap with a single press.

Better Quest Log

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220027-betterquestlog

Turns the quest log into a simple list, making it less fancy and easier to read.

Steer

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220093-steer

Locks camera control so you can look around without holding down mouse buttons.

KeybindFreedom

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220129-keybindfreedom

Lets you keybind more keys, including mouse buttons. Use with Steer and you can have shooter style controls binding mouse 1 and 2 to attacks.

I got a medic named Rattynom.

I wanted to be the rodent, but he's in the enemy faction from what you guys picked so I went Human.

I never really paid PvP much mind in the betas, but Walatiki Temple is really fun with spellslinger. Assassinate, Void Slip and Gate are all great for getting in and picking people off, and with spellsurge, you can get loads of damage. Can't wait to play around with T4 Charged Shotttttt

Okay, I put the unzipped folders in the addons folder, but they don't seem to be working. Is there something I'm missing? Am I supposed to extract the files from within the folders?

There should be a folder inside the compressed files. Put that folder into Addons and check that they're enabled in the Addons menu inside WildStar. They might be out of date, if they aren't loading, go into their load settings and choose to load out of date mods.

I think that one of the mods I listed isn't in a folder for some reason like it needs to be, just make one for it.

Should look like this.

8c04b01f88.png

Ah, I see, that is where I was going wrong, I thought I had to put it in the folder that was already there. Thanks Will.

Edit: They work now, thanks again Will.

And now the game launched. Officially.

The servers are also dying. Again.

Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-95t5hk14

Also, here's a post that Gaffney made for the celebration of launch. I'd post the link, but their forums are sorta dying and stuff. Launch issues.

So here we are - finally about to launch WildStar.  In many ways, it's already launched.  I wanted to take a moment here to reflect at a high level.

I’m really proud to be one of the team here, and I'm proud to launch WildStar.

We started with a vision.  That vision was to make a great MMO – one we’d be proud to say “I worked on that!” for the rest of our days.  We wanted to do this in a few ways:
  • Fun combat has to be the core.  Something simple and different to start, with variety while you level, and supporting deep gameplay at the top end.
  • We wanted to take questing forward - with overlapping layers of content in an area and letting you opt into a playstyle with Paths.
  • Conversely, we wanted multiple levelling options (Battlegrounds at level 6 onwards, Adventures at 15 onwards, Dungeons at 20 onwards) for those who would rather stick a fork in their face than do more questing in another MMO, regardless of how many psychopathic hamsters are running around.
  • In particular we wanted group gameplay to feel fun and tough and fresh again.
But what we TRULY wanted was to launch the most complete MMO at launch ever.  In many ways, the first one in years – with more depth during levelling and at cap than anyone had managed before.
  • We wanted to double down on all that combat and group gameplay up to the insanity level with raiding
  • We added a freeform, anything-goes deep housing system
  • But that was part of an evil plot to that raiding insanity into custom-built epic Warplots by using the same technology set to eleventy-one.

And to execute on that vision, our guys did some great stuff.  Any of the housing dungeons (expeditions) you play?  That all happened from a weekend while all us exec types were off at a show doing press.  The team still here at home organized themselves to come in on the weekend and add them because, dammit, they didn’t want us to cut them. 

Our props team crunched to get ahead of theirschedule so that they could THEN crunch to help out other teams that were behind schedule. 

Every team, when the chips were down, put in the extra effort and sweat and tears to get the basic game in and then take the time to tune, to iterate, to listen to feedback, and to make it the best we know how to make.  A true labor of love.

How’d we do?  Time will tell.  But we’re damn proud of it.

Of course, that’s got to just be the start.  How many MMOs have you seen that launch kinda well and then fade off because users don’t stick around?  If we’re going to play with the big boys, we have to earn the right to be one of the few MMOs that can not just draw gamers in, but can earn those gamers’ loyalty over time.  It’ll be hard; it’s a tough market out there and there are giants launching on either side of us.

That’s part of why we’ve been training for this fight, by doing ginormous monthly updates over the last eight months of beta.  So that now we can see just how much we can improve, how much we can add, how much we can tune each month while we’re busy playing the game alongside our new found WildStar gamers. 

We’ll launch with multiple level 50 areas, with elder advancement, with raids, and we’ll double down on that while advancing the world story with drop after drop coming up.  We’re excited by it!

I’m sure things won’t be perfect in all ways- here’s a list of the issues we’re tracking and working on because those of you affected will (and should) care more about that then what works well (link).

But I’m truly proud of what we’ve done, and want to take a moment to thank the team who helped get us here as well as our fans who worked with us through our betas to make WildStar what it is today.   Thank you SO much.

We’ll work to continue to earn that trust.

Edited by Isotoxin

I got to level 8 and stabbed my eyes out from boredom, so now I can't see.

Does it get more interesting than questing alone? I tried the group interface but it only has options for pvp, does it open up to allowing pvm grouping later or something? I really want to like this game. Group content is all I am interested in. Even with Wow you can find people to team up to quest in the newbie areas, especially when a game is new. I hope its just a matter of me not knowing where the pvm grouping options were.

You should be able to group with others at any level. I remember grouping with a buddy in tutorial zone during beta. I did it through my friends list. I think for randoms you have to right click their target portrait, although i'm not too sure. Now I only grouped up for dungeons with my guild which was only a handful of times. I mostly went solo because they were so slow. I think first group dungeon is at 15 and the next one is at 20. There's also 1-5 man housing dungeons that scale to your level. I've got the level 20 and 30 housing dungeons. The dungeons were pretty interesting for the most part. You're able to choose how you want to tackle the situation. I gotta wait for my guildmates to level a bit more for the next dungeon. I don't remember if it was 25 or 28.

I personally think the quests past level 15 are a lot more interesting but as you get towards the end around 40 it gets repetitive and frustrating(CORRUPTION IS BULLSHIT WHY DOES THIS MECHANIC EXIST). 1-14 is sooo boring. It's essentially a long ass tutorial. I'm gonna be making a spellslinger alt soon and I dread the first zones.

I got to level 8 and stabbed my eyes out from boredom, so now I can't see.

Does it get more interesting than questing alone? I tried the group interface but it only has options for pvp, does it open up to allowing pvm grouping later or something? I really want to like this game. Group content is all I am interested in. Even with Wow you can find people to team up to quest in the newbie areas, especially when a game is new. I hope its just a matter of me not knowing where the pvm grouping options were.

1-14 is sooo boring. It's essentially a long ass tutorial.

This is a very true statement. For 1-15, it kinda gives you training wheels in the sense that you kill things awfully fast and the telegraphs don't murder you as much. Later on, though, stepping up your game becomes kinda important, especially in the dungeons and adventures.

Weldstore's Ultra Drop just updated!

Take a look at some stuff, such as the new zones!