• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted April 14 2013 - 05:01 PM

The truth has been revealed. Madai was an admin all along but the Nom administrators never told him the truth about his powers.

Edited by kingddd, April 14 2013 - 05:04 PM.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#22 Soviet

Soviet

I post a lot!

• Scrim Admins
  • 2100 posts
  • Soldier, Pyro, Demoman

Posted April 14 2013 - 05:21 PM

The truth has been revealed. Madai was an admin all along but the Nom administrators never told him the truth about his powers.

um shit

neh you got some splainin' to do

#23 Draythan

Draythan

My Power Pee will pierce the heavens!

• TF2 Admins
  • 4651 posts

Posted April 14 2013 - 09:55 PM

Never understimate the power of the poop.
Fuck it, I'm out of here.

#24 Neh

Neh

Hiya!

• Administrators
  • 3257 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 04:07 PM

Problems with nominate,

I get no reserved slot ones, and instead get admin ones.

Posted Image

Not sure if true for all slotties.

I plan to rework the lists heavily before activating this for real, I just have been really busy lately.

um shit

neh you got some splainin' to do

Waaaaaahhhhhhh.

#25 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 05:11 PM

Are the commands going to be hidden from chat? It's annoying to see '!nominate' spam when I'm on other servers.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#26 nosoop

nosoop

in ur vps, wreckin' ur stuf

• Members
  • 2740 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 05:34 PM

Are the commands going to be hidden from chat? It's annoying to see '!nominate' spam when I'm on other servers.

Nag everyone to use "/nominate" in chat. It works just as well.
Only thing is, if it's hidden, none of the non-regulars will know it exists. :v

#27 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 07:36 PM

Nag everyone to use "/nominate" in chat. It works just as well.

That's good though, isn't it? It's going to be limited to regulars anyway, right?

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#28 Neh

Neh

Hiya!

• Administrators
  • 3257 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 07:49 PM

That's good though, isn't it? It's going to be limited to regulars anyway, right?

No.

#29 Suwa + etc.

Suwa + etc.

Hungry

• TF2 Admins
  • 393 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 08:36 PM

With these Sourcemod functions being so commonplace, I don't think that would be a huge issue. I mean, how often do you see people unironically trying rtv and votekick?

#30 Neh

Neh

Hiya!

• Administrators
  • 3257 posts

Posted April 16 2013 - 09:54 PM

With these Sourcemod functions being so commonplace, I don't think that would be a huge issue. I mean, how often do you see people unironically trying rtv and votekick?

A lot more often than I see nominations. I don't think many servers use the nominations function.

#31 GabrielWB

GabrielWB

Cheese is awesome

• Administrators
  • 954 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 12:38 PM

Nag everyone to use "/nominate" in chat. It works just as well.Only thing is, if it's hidden, none of the non-regulars will know it exists. :v

Something we could do is swap the settings of / and ! around. https://forums.allie...ad.php?t=182010
Currently, / is hidden and ! is public. I think that !nominate is used more commonly on servers than /nominate, because when I see pubbers try to nominate the first thing they try is !nominate.

To make sure that people know that they can nominate, we could modify the advertisement plugin to show a line like: "Want to play a different nextmap? Type !nominate in chat"

[signature goes here]

#32 Neh

Neh

Hiya!

• Administrators
  • 3257 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 01:06 PM

I don't even know if the plugin accepts / or !. It's just "nominate"

#33 nosoop

nosoop

in ur vps, wreckin' ur stuf

• Members
  • 2740 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 04:02 PM

@GabrielWB, Neh, other people interested in nominate chat spam concerns:
Spoiler:

Something we could do is swap the settings of / and ! around.
Currently, / is hidden and ! is public. I think that !nominate is used more commonly on servers than /nominate, because when I see pubbers try to nominate the first thing they try is !nominate.

To make sure that people know that they can nominate, we could modify the advertisement plugin to show a line like: "Want to play a different nextmap? Type !nominate in chat"

Now that you mention it, I think it'd be best to hide the chat trigger for "nominate" with something like this plugin (or possibly by modifying the nominate plugin itself) and run the "advertisement" text every now and then when nominations are enabled. Then everyone can just use "nominate", and all is good.

I don't even know if the plugin accepts / or !. It's just "nominate"

Sourcemod automagically creates chat triggers for console commands that start with "sm_", though the plugin handles "nominate" on its own.

To keep the discussion going for everyone, I've been thinking: Should we set the map cooldown to 12 maps, give or take (instead of 4)? The custom mapcycles that are the norm here are such that it's way more than four maps between repeats.

Edited by nosoop, April 17 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#34 Toamto

Toamto

tromboner

• Administrators
  • 1920 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 04:20 PM

To keep the discussion going for everyone, I've been thinking: Should we set the map cooldown to 12 maps, give or take (instead of 4)? The custom mapcycles that are the norm here are such that it's way more than four maps between repeats.

Sounds fine to me. Also, is there going to be a number of nominations required before a voting menu pops up at all? Kinda sucks when there's a map next you want to play but one guy nominates something and bam, voting

#35 Neh

Neh

Hiya!

• Administrators
  • 3257 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 07:22 PM

Once I clear some time to work on the settings for this, I plan to heavily trim the maps available for nominations, and massively cull down the list of maps that come up for regular voting. I feel that the way it is currently set up is counterproductive to our objective with implementing this system. The way I hope to build it will allow for regular mapcycles on top of being able to vote on the next map or nominating something else.

I agree. 4 is just the default and I hadn't played with it much.
Regarding chat spam: Sure, that sounds like a good idea.

Sounds fine to me. Also, is there going to be a number of nominations required before a voting menu pops up at all? Kinda sucks when there's a map next you want to play but one guy nominates something and bam, voting

UMC does not work that way. Nominations are merely populating a list of what people wish to play. The actual vote happens independently of when or whether anyone has nominated something or not. If you've seen that happen, it's because an admin activated the vote at that time. Once things are finalized the voting will occur automatically based on the time remaining in the map, and will have a warning countdown similar to the one that shows up in between the tiers currently, but longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users