Sign in to follow this  
kingddd

Halloween Mode

I remember I made a comment about how it would be neat if Valve made the Halloween items work like Pyrovision so you could see them outside of a full moon and then it was turned on. Though I assume it was something that was being debated for a while and not just my one comment that prompted it.

I'd noticed this too and it was kind of bugging me. While it's nice to be able to wear seasonal items anytime, the pickups being different is annoying.

not only that Phlogistinator and Eureka Effect are pretty much broken because right clicking will activate the thriller taunt.

Edited by kingddd

not only that Phlogistinator and Eureka Effect are pretty much broken because right clicking will activate the thriller taunt.

I don't use either but if it's actually effecting gameplay, this should really be fixed ASAP.

I am curious who/when it was set, but I did notice that cvar was listed in one of the configs recently. I'll dig back in and get rid of it soon

That was my little issue.

A while back I turned it on for a round for the fun of it and had a pretty overwhelming response from people who liked being able to wear the Halloween stuff. I figured I would turn it on for a few days just to see if any problems came up, problems exactly like the Eureka Effect or Phlog (neither of which I'm familiar with so I hadn't considered them being a problem).

The reality is that shortly following that, I started getting really aggravated with TF2 and have become quite burnt out, and I quit playing regularly. I totally forgot I had turned it on.