• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GabrielWB

GabrielWB

Cheese is awesome

• Administrators
  • 954 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 05:39 PM

This isn't a really big issue at the moment. But we still would like to refresh everyone's mindset regarding this before it goes out of hand.

We have seen some cases lately involving exploiting, especially the ones involving damaging and killing through things you aren't supposed to kill through.
One of the oldest rules of this server is that exploiting is not welcome here, and we would like to ask anyone to abide by this rule.
Even if it's for fun, shenanigans, or something else, just don't do it.

For the people that have been granted a Reserved Slot. You have been given this slot because you have shown to us that you are a great person and that you are a valuable addition to our community.
The small thing we ask in return for that is that you show your best behavior when you are playing on the server. If random players join our server and see people exploiting and dicking about,
not only will you scare away people who are looking for a good time. You might even attract the kind of people that we don't want to have here.

So in short, please do not attempt to Shoot, Jarate, Milk, Bleed, Flame, Burn or damage and/or influence an other player in any way, when you aren't supposed to be able to.
If you aren't sure if something is an exploit, it probably is, so don't do it. Feel free to post any questions you still might have in this topic. Or bug one of the admins if you have something else to ask.

If people keep doing this, we might be forced to take more serious measures. And no one wants that, right?

[signature goes here]

#2 Panda-Dog

Panda-Dog

The Real Legend

• Administrators
  • 1264 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 05:58 PM

This isn't a really big issue at the moment. But we still would like to refresh everyone's mindset regarding this before it goes out of hand.

We have seen some cases lately involving exploiting, especially the ones involving damaging and killing through things you aren't supposed to kill through.
One of the oldest rules of this server is that exploiting is not welcome here, and we would like to ask anyone to abide by this rule.
Even if it's for fun, shenanigans, or something else, just don't do it.

For the people that have been granted a Reserved Slot. You have been given this slot because you have shown to us that you are a great person and that you are a valuable addition to our community.
The small thing we ask in return for that is that you show your best behavior when you are playing on the server. If random players join our server and see people exploiting and dicking about,
not only will you scare away people who are looking for a good time. You might even attract the kind of people that we don't want to have here.

So in short, please do not attempt to Shoot, Jarate, Milk, Bleed, Flame, Burn or damage and/or influence an other player in any way, when you aren't supposed to be able to.
If you aren't sure if something is an exploit, it probably is, so don't do it. Feel free to post any questions you still might have in this topic. Or bug one of the admins if you have something else to ask.

If people keep doing this, we might be forced to take more serious measures. And no one wants that, right?

I had this occur a few nights ago where someone killed 2 people through the gate. If I see a reserved slot do this I will see to it that you lose your slot immediately as you should know better. May sound harsh but thinking you can get away with quite honestly the simplest rule in all TF2 servers just because of your slot status is a insult to the admins who nominated you for your slot.
What?

#3 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 06:20 PM

Well damn. I don't even know how to do the gate thing but I'll be extra careful to avoid accidents.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#4 Fat Cat

Fat Cat

YOOP

• TF2 Admins
  • 6999 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well damn. I don't even know how to do the gate thing but I'll be extra careful to avoid accidents.

If it's an accident, we'll understand. We're not robots.

But if you're doing it because you think you can just get away with it, we're going to take that personally.

sig-1.png
Pyros hate you back.

M31: *remains a dancing obama* nope

M31: SPACE DICK

#5 Red

Red

HOW THE HELL DO I CHANGE FORUM APPEARANCE

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted April 26 2013 - 02:49 AM

I once shot a flare through the gate, and I didn't even know how the hell that happened, or that it was even possible. It was amazing. But bad. Very bad.

#6 Looska

Looska

!rtv

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Minecraft:Looska
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Spy

Posted April 26 2013 - 07:37 AM

I've seen people doing the barrel thing sometimes, where they use the "use" key to get inside a barrel. I'm wondering if this counts as an exploit because this happened fairly recently and I couldn't hit the person who was in the barrel at all, and got killed while I was distracted.
Posted Image
"Goddammit Looska!" - Many, many people

#7 GabrielWB

GabrielWB

Cheese is awesome

• Administrators
  • 954 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 01:21 PM

I've seen people doing the barrel thing sometimes, where they use the "use" key to get inside a barrel. I'm wondering if this counts as an exploit because this happened fairly recently and I couldn't hit the person who was in the barrel at all, and got killed while I was distracted.

Mmm, my own personal, very honest, and most likely severely biased opinion is that it isn't an exploit.
Barrels are fairly easy to destroy (5 pistol shots), the person who does it puts himself in a bad position and it generally only works once.
It's like placing stickies inside or behind a prop (some doorframes, or those rocks on Badlands near the spire). It might be cheap, but I wouldn't really consider it an exploit.
Yes, not very strong arguments, but those are the first things that come up in me.

That said, don't pin me down on this, I really need some feedback from other people before I can truly say yes or no.

[signature goes here]

#8 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 01:50 PM

I really need some feedback from other people before I can truly say yes or no.

In short, I'd say technically yes because I doubt it was intended by Valve. But I don't think it's a big deal. I'm pretty sure you're stuck once you're in there anyway.

Maybe we should test it out sometime and see for sure?

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#9 GabrielWB

GabrielWB

Cheese is awesome

• Administrators
  • 954 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 11:49 AM

In short, I'd say technically yes because I doubt it was intended by Valve. But I don't think it's a big deal.
Maybe we should test it out sometime and see for sure?

That might be a better way of calling it actually. Yes it's not supposed to happen, but it isn't gamebreaking. A glitch.

And yes, the person that is inside the barrel can get out. He either needs to push the barrel back assuming it can still be moved, or he needs to break it.

[signature goes here]

#10 Red

Red

HOW THE HELL DO I CHANGE FORUM APPEARANCE

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted April 29 2013 - 12:53 PM

I'm not sure if it's because of a plugin, I thought that barrel thing only works if tf_allow_player_use was set to 1.

#11 Magikarp

Magikarp

Taxi Taxi Taxi

• Scrimmer
  • 1456 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Sniper, Medic

Posted April 29 2013 - 02:15 PM

The first thing I thought about when you guys said barrel was this:

Ratty made the video, so I thought he meant and allowed people to hide in the barrel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users