What to post:
  • What you hope to accomplish
  • Updates on your progress
  • Things you currently do or did in the past
  • Music to pump to [hue]
  • Healthy recipes
  • Different workouts
  • Encouragement!

I'm making this thread in hopes that when I go on Nom I see it and think "oh shit yeah I wanted to better my health" and back up the big talk I post.

I've been chubby my whole life, and while that doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others, I know my diet of 'BREADED CHICKEN AND KETCHUP 24/7, NO VEGGIES PLES' is going to be the death of me. I should really try to change myself for the better of my own health. Who's with me?
Posted Image

#2 Guv'na Kit Kit

Guv'na Kit Kit

I post a lot!

• Members
  • 1125 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 02:47 PM

Who's with me?

Not me. Pizza for every meal.

#3 Scyrius

Scyrius

Chaotic Neutral.

• TF2 Admins
  • 5403 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Spy

Posted May 20 2013 - 02:48 PM

Way ahead of you. I already eat healthy but now that I have a job I'm going to hit up a gym and also bike more.
Muesli is probably the best cereal to start the day with, I eat that every day with eggs on toast, two glasses of water, some juice, and a banana/apple.
I do about 25 push ups, crunches, and squats per day, and I typically work out to The Money Store by Death Grips.
Drinking a lot of water and getting a lot of fiber are your best bets. Moderate even juice, cause juice is mainly just the sugar from the fruit and none of the fiber. Smoothies are typically better.
Woop woop.
http://www.last.fm/user/WorldsEdge
Bella bella bella bellorum bellis bellis.

#4 Stitches

Stitches

⚓ I have a sailor's tongue ⚓

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Heavy

Posted May 20 2013 - 02:56 PM

Not me. Pizza for every meal.

Spoiler:
Posted Image

But okay, I'm gonna cut back on soda, because I have 1 or 2 a day, to 2 or 3 a week. Going to not buy sweets, unless its a special occasion, so its not in the house to eat. Skip out on fast food as much as possible, and I need to start a work out routine. I picked up one for Prom and that only lasted two weeks before I slowly dropped it because imalazysackofshit

Summer is the perfect time for smoothies, oh my goodness, I'm going to post a few recipes I saw on tumblr in a bit.
Posted Image

#5 Dr. Soul

Dr. Soul

ech

• Scrimmer
  • 6921 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Medic

Posted May 20 2013 - 02:58 PM

I don't work out now but I used to swim 3 days a week. That maybe helped me become a much better person and also made me recognize that doing exercise isn't only to get buffed. Right now the only exercise I do is walking for and from school (there's a huge uphill right before my house) at least 3 days a week unless it's really late (my parents don't let me walk that late because the city is "dangerous"). But I do love walking, it's something I've taken up and every time I go somewhere I rather take public transportation than go with a car. Walking is also very calming and refreshing.

Also I always try to be at healthy, drink mostly water and eat vegetable and meat in a balanced way.

I don't think I wanna take up exercise as a custom anymore because I don't have time for it. I used to take japanese but now I don't even have time for that so I will keep just walking which I feel is just enough for my needs. I usually listen to every type of music I have on my ipod but I rather enjoy the bastion soundtrack most when I do feel like being pumped about my walking. It has just the right tracks for that kind of thing.

"why am I the only one here not having a cock here?" -Fox McCrits

"Hey did you know that 4000 cats are eaten in China? Wanna pretend I'm asian and let me eat your pussyyyyy?"-Pikachu on LSD 

#6 Haberdasher

Haberdasher

Idiot

• Banned
  • 58 posts
  • Minecraft:meh

Posted May 20 2013 - 03:11 PM

Broadsword, hiking, and lifting erryday but I still have the build of a mall santa. I think it's my diet, Goodbye Dr. Pepper! I'll miss you! :(
Ah well, the sooner I drop the pounds the better I'll feel.
Haberdasher Lv.83 Quesomancer : Paru's best friend is a microwave, and his lover a hot pocket.
Haberdasher Lv.83 Quesomancer: Clearly, Because your best friend warms er up~
Doktor Paru: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Haberdasher: You need to work on your acting pikachu, M would never be that proficient at walking!
M31: :/

#7 Madai

Madai

Earn crackers?

• Scrimmer
  • 6916 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 03:17 PM

Well every night just before I sleep (have nothing else to do), I've been doing 20 press ups and 20 pull ups.

Not being strict on myself, at the moment my body is no good at them. So eventually I'll get to state that I can bare.

Just so I'm not a giant slob.

edit: Might do squats due to Scy reminding they are a thing.

Already eat healthy, I usually have several fruit and veg a day, and no fizzy drinks, only water and tea. So it should be easy enough to carry on, just a few more recipes (CREAM SPINACH MUSHROOM AND PASTA)

IlrVSW2.png

#8 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3965 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 03:18 PM

I really don't get much physical activity. I can't do a single push up. I keep meaning to walk around some more and stop sitting on my ass but it's such a pain to go outside, do something, and then have to walk back home.

I just drink a bunch of tea and eat when I'm hungry. I opt for low salt and sugar-free (but not if it's got aspartame, that stuff is awful) stuff when possible. I do opt for stuff that has vitamins in it and won't knowingly touch something that has trans fats in it. When it comes to when I eat, I either eat a couple meals a day whenever I happen to be hungry or just graze/snack a little bit all day.

According to the calculator I found online, my BMI is apparently 17.8.

All this talk of food has gotten me hungry now.

edit: If I had some advice to offer to someone that needed to lose weight, particularly someone that just can't no matter how hard they try... I'd say start drinking tea. Preferably not black if you don't want to stain your teeth. Tea will speed up your metabolism.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#9 Stitches

Stitches

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Heavy

Posted May 20 2013 - 04:09 PM

edit: If I had some advice to offer to someone that needed to lose weight, particularly someone that just can't no matter how hard they try... I'd say start drinking tea. Preferably not black if you don't want to stain your teeth. Tea will speed up your metabolism.

Whoa no way. That's really good advice. I know its still not the best, but a healthier alternative to soda would be like, Arizona iced tea? Or some other particular brand in mind?
Posted Image

#10 Scyrius

Scyrius

Chaotic Neutral.

• TF2 Admins
  • 5403 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 04:12 PM

Whoa no way. That's really good advice. I know its still not the best, but a healthier alternative to soda would be like, Arizona iced tea? Or some other particular brand in mind?

Lipton is good.
Woop woop.

#11 Fat Cat

Fat Cat

YOOP

• TF2 Admins
  • 6999 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 04:29 PM

I've started to cut back on soda a lot. Used to drink 1-3 every day, now it's more like 2-4 a week. I drink a lot of juice and black tea instead. Only thing that sucks is the lethargy that comes without all soda, but it's getting somewhat better. If I really just need a coke I'll try to get a Sierra Mist Natural since they have no caffeine, real sugar, and not a whole lot of extraneous stuff.

I still need to work on what I eat, though. I would like to try muesli at least, sounds like something easy and good. I eat sandwiches more than anything nowadays, but sometimes I go out for some fast food.

As far as working out goes, I'm really only trying to get myself moving more at this point. I just adhere to this and do more as I get more comfortable. Now that summer's here, I can do all of this without having school as an excuse to not. Also I listen to a lot of Adebisi Shank, And So I Watched You From Afar, and Girlfriends. Really anything with a fast beat is good.

Also I wish I had a blender for smoothies :sad:

sig-1.png
Pyros hate you back.

M31: *remains a dancing obama* nope

M31: SPACE DICK

#12 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3965 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm not even sure that's real tea. That stuff has so much sugar in it I can't imagine there's anything good in it that isn't counteracted by the sugar. It tastes awesome though.

On the other hand, any kind of brewed tea should work. I buy a lot of Bigelow's stuff but just because it's cheap. If you don't like straight tea (green, white or black), flavored is good too, so long as it's not herbal tea. Herbal tea isn't actually tea but it does have its own benefits, depending on what's in it.

Because he's a bad kitty

#13 M31

M31

geeettttttt dunked on!!!

• TF2 Admins
  • 2204 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Engineer, Sniper

Posted May 20 2013 - 05:10 PM

I just ate pizza ;~;

I'm trying to get back into healthier eatings habits and I've really cut back my soda.

This semester was brutal and all I ate was stuff that was easy/convenient because I was so busy, so I am trying to recover from that too.

9RUOfZq.gif

76561198025756690.png

#14 Fat Cat

Fat Cat

YOOP

• TF2 Admins
  • 6999 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 05:13 PM

I buy a lot of Bigelow's stuff but just because it's cheap.

Same here, shit's great. I get the half tea half lemonade diet stuff. It's got flavor to it so it's not unbearable, but it's not ridiculously sweet either.

sig-1.png
Pyros hate you back.

M31: *remains a dancing obama* nope

M31: SPACE DICK

#15 Hybrovi

Hybrovi

I believe you have been deprived of your daily dose of jelly.

• Members
  • 1396 posts
  • Minecraft:Hybrovi
  • Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Heavy, Sniper, Spy

Posted May 20 2013 - 05:17 PM

Whether or not I actually decide to join the military, I can't until I'm in better shape.

So now I have added incentive to get in shape. Though I have been working out here and there, I don't have a set schedule. In addition, even though I've never really had a bad diet, I've never cared enough about it to actually try and eat healthy. That needs to change.

Also went for an hour long bike ride on the bike paths in town today.

#16 JimmyG

JimmyG

Woof Woof Motherfucker

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Pyro, Demoman, Spy

Posted May 20 2013 - 05:30 PM

since last month i've been making an effort to jog for one hour, each day, 7 days a week. i just came back from one, my legs feel a bit like jelly, but it feels SOOO GOOOD.

unfortunately, i can't say the same about my eating habits.
Spoiler:
WHY CAN'T I STOP EATING DELICIOUS PIZZA OH GOD

Edited by JimmyG, May 20 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Scyrius

Scyrius

Chaotic Neutral.

• TF2 Admins
  • 5403 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 05:35 PM

Pizza is good for carbs, just don't overdo it.
Woop woop.

#18 Stitches

Stitches

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Heavy

Posted May 20 2013 - 05:46 PM

Posted Image
Mango and Yogurt Smoothie

Posted Image
Green Ginger-Peach Smoothie

Posted Image
Hearty Fruit and Oat Smoothie

Posted Image
Tropical Blueberry Smoothie

I want to try making all of these, even the spinach peach one. Read the reviews on the bottom for suggestions on how to tweek them.
Posted Image

#19 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

• Members
  • 3965 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 05:52 PM

Spinach isn't half-bad. It's kinda of boring. I love cabbage though. It's great in the slow cooker.

Because he's a bad kitty

#20 Stitches

Stitches

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Heavy

Posted May 20 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm very bad with eating. I hate salads and have never eaten one. I tried zucchini, but it was deep fried n dipped in ranch. Other than that, I dont eat vegetables. WHICH IS WHY I'M TRYING TO CHANGE.

Also Thanks for the tea suggestions, I'm gonna pick some new supplies up at the store next time I go.

BABY STEPS.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users