I Can't Play Any Custom Maps On The Server Anymore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mrmmmm

mrmmmm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted June 09 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hi. I have almost all the custom maps downloaded and in my maps folder, but when i try playing on the nom server when it's running a custom map it says that I am missing the map and kicks me. I have tried manually reinstalling them from the nom downloads archive, and I still get the same error.

Any idea what the problem could be?

#2 otterwolfy

otterwolfy

Law Abiding Engineer

• Members
  • 2783 posts
  • Gamespy ID: clues
  • Minecraft:otterwolfy
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Medic, Spy

Posted June 09 2013 - 01:23 PM

I was having this problem as well.

#3 Neh

Neh

Hiya!

• Administrators
  • 3257 posts

Posted June 09 2013 - 01:23 PM

That is very odd. I was going to suggest an issue with your DNS since the server move, but you say you already have the maps, and the download URL worked from your browser...

Try these:
Are the maps in the proper directory? Make sure they are in tf/download/maps, or tf/custom/(anything)/maps. NOT tf/maps
Did you extract them from the bz2 archive after you downloaded them manually?

If those both check out, I might suggest switching to a public DNS like OpenDNS(208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) or Google DNS(8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). I personally use OpenDNS.

#4 mrmmmm

mrmmmm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted June 09 2013 - 04:22 PM

That is very odd. I was going to suggest an issue with your DNS since the server move, but you say you already have the maps, and the download URL worked from your browser...

Try these:
Are the maps in the proper directory? Make sure they are in tf/download/maps, or tf/custom/(anything)/maps. NOT tf/maps
Did you extract them from the bz2 archive after you downloaded them manually?

I'm confused by this. My directory where all my custom maps have always been installed is tf/maps, and that has worked fine. I tried creating the folders you mentioned (which did not previously exist) and copying over the map files and this did not fix the issue. And I am properly extracting them.

If those both check out, I might suggest switching to a public DNS like OpenDNS(208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) or Google DNS(8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). I personally use OpenDNS.

OpenDNS did not help. Same error =/

#5 nosoop

nosoop

in ur vps, wreckin' ur stuf

• Members
  • 2752 posts

Posted June 09 2013 - 04:34 PM

Somewhat related.

Tomato says he can't get on the forums nor the server. The IP address resolves just fine through ping, but the server times out when trying to connect and when trying to respond to ping requests.

We've tried flushing the system DNS cache, changing from Google's DNS servers to OpenDNS, and clearing the browser-specific DNS cache.

This is a bit troubling, considering the number of other people that may not be getting heard.

Edit: In the meantime for all those that can connect, changing the map on Main to koth_nucleus.

Edited by nosoop, June 09 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#6 ratty

ratty

Double rainbow all the way

• Ratty
  • 13343 posts

Posted June 09 2013 - 10:35 PM

I think I figured it out, see if its still broke. There was some hotlinking protection in place I forgot about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users