Sign in to follow this  
Zap The Ace

Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U And 3Ds)

It seems like they brought back Dr. Mario in order to bring back Mario's Melee moveset. It would have been nice if they gave Dark Pit the moveset Pit had in Brawl instead of just making him a clone.

Kinda interesting that they also brought back the mario tornado on normal mario as a down-a while airborne

How do people run out of 30 uses on the demos? How do people use more than two?

I'm legitimately curious. It's weird that Nintendo even has the limit, but frankly it's even weirder that's it's an issue for anyone at all.

The final version has customized controls.  It wasn't even that difficult to adapt.

It's not that I can't adapt, it's more that I don't like smashing my 3ds control stick (ok maybe i can't adapt). I'll probably pass on the game in the short term, since I have Bayonetta 2 pre-ordered and will be getting the Wii U smash. 

How do people run out of 30 uses on the demos? How do people use more than two?

I'm legitimately curious. It's weird that Nintendo even has the limit, but frankly it's even weirder that's it's an issue for anyone at all.

I can imagine people going in and out of games would feel constrained by it, but I get your point. It's really more that people are pissed off that Nintendo even implemented it in the first place, from what I understand. I mean, it's limited as it is, I don't think anyone appreciates an extra restriction on it.

I can imagine people going in and out of games would feel constrained by it, but I get your point. It's really more that people are pissed off that Nintendo even implemented it in the first place, from what I understand. I mean, it's limited as it is, I don't think anyone appreciates an extra restriction on it.

That's pretty much it. When you're only playing that demo, it's not a big deal. But when you have to do anything else, even check street passes, you lose a play. When you consider that some demos have as little as 5 plays (looking at you, Style Savvy), you pretty much have to pick between getting to know a game and having normal access to your 3DS.

Biggest disappointment so far.

There is no point in living anymore.

IdYdvG7.jpg

Reminds me of the possessed Zelda fight. Seriously, you can see right up her skirt the entire fight, pretty much.

Also, I thought that was the 'Firin' Mah Lazor' face for a moment.

Biggest disappointment so far.

There is no point in living anymore.

IdYdvG7.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

0/10

How come she gets a censor and Palutena doesn't?

How come she gets a censor and Palutena doesn't?

Probably because censoring Peach in that manner is more believable, what with the poofy skirt.

He looks so adorable doesn't he?

vLGnAet.png

YOU STOP THAT! STOP PLAYING WITH MY FEELINGS!

It's even worse since they didn't even put Lucas as an alt color/costume like the Koopaling and Alph . I don't think his hair would mess up with the hitboxes.

Edited by Mahbonk

YOU STOP THAT! STOP PLAYING WITH MY FEELINGS!

It's even worse since they didn't even put Lucas as an alt color/costume like the Koopaling and Alph . I don't think his hair would mess up with the hitboxes.

UPGMDzF.png

Like people have been saying, the game's speed in general falls inbetween Melee and Brawl.

Pikachu does seem to have a longer recovery time inbetween moves, though.

Like you already stated with Pikachu, the issue I have with this video is that character's attacks and animations have been tweaked significantly and many have been either buffed or nerfed in speed.  So this is not the best way to compare the speed of the game.  The best way is to actually experience it yourself first hand and I personally am glad it is between melee and brawl.  Basically ground combat is now almost melee speed whereas air combat is more of Brawl's floaty moves.  Which I personally don't mind.

At the same time, they changed the way recoveries work in this game that if you use a very strong air move, then your recovery will take longer and you'll have a longer landing lag.  So it's a high risk and high reward strategy unlike in Brawl where almost everyone has a big landing recovery.

Edited by kingddd

PoTD

gKE1r3V.png

Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while.

Also, Conquest data where players seem to be losing on purpose will be removed from the calculations. And lastly, there's no point in working on this mode too much on your own, so don't overdo it…