Sign in to follow this  
kingddd

Mighty No. 9

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?ref=recently_launched

Classic Japanese side-scrolling action, evolved and transformed by Keiji Inafune, an all-star team of veteran Mega Man devs...and YOU!

What/Who is Mighty No. 9?

- Mighty No. 9 is an all-new Japanese side-scrolling action game that takes the best aspects of the 8- and 16-bit era classics you know and love, and transforms them with modern tech, fresh mechanics, and fan input into something fresh and amazing!

- You play as Beck, the 9th in a line of powerful robots, and the only one not infected by a mysterious computer virus that has caused mechanized creatures the world over to go berserk. Run, jump, blast, and transform your way through six stages (or more, via stretch goals) you can tackle in any order you choose, using weapons and abilities stolen from your enemies to take down your fellow Mighty Number robots and confront the final evil that threatens the planet!

- Every aspect of development—art, level design, music, programming, etc.—is being handled by veteran Japanese game creators with extensive experience in the genre, and with Mega Man in particular, all the way up to and including the project's leader, Keiji Inafune himself! Backers will have unprecedented access to seeing this team at work through blogs, podcasts, videos, concept art—the works!

- Mighty No. 9 is being developed for the PC with gamepad support (of course!), and will be made available through Steam and DRM-free digital distribution methods. Other platforms, including home consoles, Mac, and Linux, are a high priority, but only if we can afford them via stretch goals. Should we reach those goals, anyone funding the project will be allowed to choose which version of the game they would like to receive. The estimated release date is spring 2015.

Edited by kingddd

Main theme and the "ambient remix" of, as posted in the Kickstarter description.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/870/693/a73595177f64c64e3ca8542b9d88fac0_original.mp3 https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/870/701/1be485f8660ba0f1a4c38150de4ab414_original.mp3

This seems pretty promising as a kind of spiritual successor to the Mega Man franchise.

I hope it turns out well being Nintendo-hard and fantastic. Considering the people working on it, there are some high expectations to reach.

Also:

“Tommy’s brother heard if you magnet his missile back at him and pause the game right when it hits, he loses all his health down to one!”

Classic.

If you're shelling out the $99 for beta access, that is only usable through Steam.

Edited by nosoop

GEEZ THIS CONCEPT SEEM REALLY FAMILIAR

GEEZ THIS CONCEPT SEEM REALLY FAMILIAR

BECK, BECK, THOSE ARE CALLED HAMMER JOES BILLS LARRYS

THEY SWING THEIR MIGHTY HAMMER AND THEN THROW IT

SO YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK

If you watch the video, it has someone that looks like Cutman, someone that looks like Roll, someone that looks like Aero (from Legends 3), someone that looks like Doctor Wily, someone that looks like that thing that gives items in MM7-8, and a TON of enemies that look like Reploids.

It's basically 'Mega Man' without Capcom in it.

That sounds amazing.

That's what I was thinking.

So where do I insert my credit card?

I'm liking all of the designs for Call a lot! Roll Call, Aero Call, Tango Call, The one that looks like Alia sorta Call, The other one that looks kinda like a humanoid female Rush.exe Call, and uh...The one with dark purple/pink hair Call. When the time comes for the poll I don't think I'll be able to make up my mind on which one I like the most.

Definitely gonna vote for the red one that looks like a cross between Roll and Ciel.

Much of the unknown stretch goals have been taken, as -- according to the Update Log -- the console versions stretch goals was wanted most by fans, as is the Making-Of Documentary. So for now, all unknown stretch goals are near the top and cut off.