I really like E's uniform :3

Welp, we got our winner

62232e53d317a8ecb7a445cea67db11c_large.j

Thank you, Ciel-lookalike

Voting results:

Call H: (15.47% of the vote)

Call E: (41.14% of the vote)

Call F: (43.39% of the vote)

So yeah, it was a close call (all puns intended)

Oh man I hope no one on the internet throws a screaming fit on how they know that the series is completely ruined based on a 2 minute trailer for a related TV series

giphy.gif

There isn't really enough there to gleam on the entire series, but it looks okay so far.

Oh man I hope no one on the internet throws a screaming fit on how they know that the series is completely ruined based on a 2 minute trailer for a related TV series

I'm already seeing people go "THEY RUINED THE DESIGN THERE'S NO SALVATION" and having comment wars. This could be a fun shitstorm to watch.

Eh, I just find a bit premature to make an animated series for a game that hasn't been released yet

But it's not as if Kickstarter funds went towards this, right?

Eh, I just find a bit premature to make an animated series for a game that hasn't been released yet

well the same thing happened with Sonic Boom but the thing was that already has an established fanbase so most of us did not really care about it too much.  With this it is definitely a problem being too early then let it succeed then make a cartoon.

Apparently not, according to a new FAQ (http://mightyno9.com/en/faq5) that coincides with a new funding campaign (http://mightyno9.com) for additional stuff. First stretch goal: Full english voice acting.

Q: At the same time as the new funding announcement I saw a teaser for Mighty No. 9: The Animated Series. Did comcept use Kickstarter funds to produce a Mighty No. 9 cartoon?

A: Absolutely not, the funds from the Kickstarter are going towards the game and all related content our partners are creating for us. The animated series project is a completely separate endeavor; the good people at Digital Frontier took it upon themselves to reach out to us, pursue the idea of an animated series, and generate all of the assets/content seen so far. They’ve been really passionate and amazing, and we’re lucky to have them put their faith in the franchise!

With this it is definitely a problem being too early then let it succeed then make a cartoon.

It's advertising. The game will still be what it is, I don't see the problem with the show being there to help make the brand popular to a wider audience. 

That said if the game straight up sucks then things will get awkward, but that probably isn't going to be the case.

"Hey, I'm Keiji Inafune, and I'm gonna make a game similar to Megaman that everyone will love. You can help by donating money on Kickstarter."

"YEAH FUCK YEAH KEIJI YOU DA MAN TAKE MY WALLET TAKE MY CREDIT CARDS TAKE MY SAVINGS BONDS"

"Also we'd like to make some supplementary material to go along with is, so we've started another Kickstarter-"

"WOW WHAT THE FUCK BRO WHY ARE YOU SUCH A MONEY-GRUBBING PUNK"

tumblr_inline_mwzydbX33P1r1bqdt.png