• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted July 06 2014 - 03:45 PM

Eh, I just find a bit premature to make an animated series for a game that hasn't been released yet

But it's not as if Kickstarter funds went towards this, right?

well the same thing happened with Sonic Boom but the thing was that already has an established fanbase so most of us did not really care about it too much.  With this it is definitely a problem being too early then let it succeed then make a cartoon.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#62 GabrielWB

GabrielWB

Cheese is awesome

• Administrators
  • 954 posts

Posted July 06 2014 - 03:52 PM

Eh, I just find a bit premature to make an animated series for a game that hasn't been released yet

But it's not as if Kickstarter funds went towards this, right?

Apparently not, according to a new FAQ (http://mightyno9.com/en/faq5) that coincides with a new funding campaign (http://mightyno9.com) for additional stuff. First stretch goal: Full english voice acting.

Q: At the same time as the new funding announcement I saw a teaser for Mighty No. 9: The Animated Series. Did comcept use Kickstarter funds to produce a Mighty No. 9 cartoon?

A: Absolutely not, the funds from the Kickstarter are going towards the game and all related content our partners are creating for us. The animated series project is a completely separate endeavor; the good people at Digital Frontier took it upon themselves to reach out to us, pursue the idea of an animated series, and generate all of the assets/content seen so far. They’ve been really passionate and amazing, and we’re lucky to have them put their faith in the franchise!

[signature goes here]

#63 Fat Cat

Fat Cat

YOOP

• TF2 Admins
  • 6999 posts

Posted July 06 2014 - 04:22 PM

With this it is definitely a problem being too early then let it succeed then make a cartoon.

It's advertising. The game will still be what it is, I don't see the problem with the show being there to help make the brand popular to a wider audience. 

That said if the game straight up sucks then things will get awkward, but that probably isn't going to be the case.

sig-1.png
Pyros hate you back.

M31: *remains a dancing obama* nope

M31: SPACE DICK

#64 Fox McSpark

Fox McSpark

Go read something else, would ya?

• TF2 Admins
  • 1228 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Spy

Posted July 06 2014 - 04:40 PM

"Hey, I'm Keiji Inafune, and I'm gonna make a game similar to Megaman that everyone will love. You can help by donating money on Kickstarter."

"YEAH FUCK YEAH KEIJI YOU DA MAN TAKE MY WALLET TAKE MY CREDIT CARDS TAKE MY SAVINGS BONDS"

"Also we'd like to make some supplementary material to go along with is, so we've started another Kickstarter-"

"WOW WHAT THE FUCK BRO WHY ARE YOU SUCH A MONEY-GRUBBING PUNK"

tumblr_inline_mwzydbX33P1r1bqdt.png

Axel: The answer, of course, is that Gabe newell doesn't give a fuck

Werefox McCrits: Never realised how much you HATE HIGH-5S
Gelg: My brother died in the Pacific High 5 War of '76
Gelg: I... just can't.
Werefox McCrits: I'm so sorry

#65 Ager

Ager

Shitposter extraordinaire

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted July 20 2014 - 03:20 PM

#66 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted September 10 2014 - 03:44 PM

Details at http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20140909

b1337c92246b607f3837c7266040d0c4_large.j

Voted for C, because more videogames need bows.

#67 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted June 04 2015 - 10:24 PM

Not a fan of the graphics (I find them incredibly mediocre and unappealing), but the gameplay still looks solid and fun to me. I wouldn't call it a day one buy, but I'll definitely get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users