Sign in to follow this  
Toamto

Tf2 Update - October 29, 2013 - Fifth Annual Scream Fortress Special

So I'm not sure with this, but the new items drops on the map are just spell?

While the new hats/cosmetic are crate/craft/buy right?

Cause that seems fine.

correct me if i'm wrong.

So I'm not sure with this, but the new items drops on the map are just spell?

While the new hats/cosmetic are crate/craft/buy right?

Cause that seems fine.

correct me if i'm wrong.

The spells are uniquely designed power-ups, the spell book acting as the "canteen" in the MvM sense. The power-ups can only be held for that round, but they do persist on death. The spell pickups are dropped by the death of other players in the form of open books, and can only occur on Helltower.

New Halloween-restricted hats can be found through the gift box spawn on Helltower (untradable and not usable in crafting), through unboxing a Spooky crate for a tradable Haunted version, and/or buying from the store. They're not obtainable through crafting.

Also, interacting with skeletons can crash certain clients.

bones_rattled

stuff

Also, interacting with skeletons can crash certain clients.

bones_rattled

Thanks just what I needed, I've seen stuff on the spells, but very hard to find info on the hats.

Plus I've heard that skeletons can crash. Oh well better play tonight if I wan't to play this, cause I'm busy rest of the week.

I smell an incoming lawsuit. The company that owns that property is notoriously litigious.

They don't actually directly mention, or even reference, MLP itself. So no, Hasbro has no grounds.

Personally I think this was a bad idea. And this is coming from someone with a pony avatar.

They don't actually directly mention, or even reference, MLP itself. So no, Hasbro has no grounds.

Personally I think this was a bad idea. And this is coming from someone with a pony avatar.

The hat is one thing, but making voice lines for it is pushing a little too far.

Playing alone on Gabe's server for shits and... my team lost. Hahaha...

Those Scout lines...

It's the character design though, which is definitely enough to go whine to a judge or something. People have sued over much, much less. Like circles. Or rectangles with rounded edges.

Post-update patch.

Apparently skeleton bug is still unpatched.

- Added new main menu character images for Scream Fortress 2013
- Fixed a server crash related to The High Five taunt
- Fixed neutral pumpkin bombs exploding with blue particles
- Fixed health on hit particle effect precache error
- Fixed client nTextureFrame
- Updated the round restart event to remove spells after playing in hell
- Updated plr_hightower_event to improve server stability
- Updated The Chicken Kiev so it can't be equipped with the Cold War Luchador or the Large Luchador
- Re-enabled the crafting recipes for zombie costumes

Notes missed from Monday's update:
- Updated the Vaccinator to use the reload key to cycle through resist types

Apparently the fix for the Skeleton Crashing is to set your graphical setting Model to High

Oh dear god.

I summoned skeletons with this. It seems to have worked.

Bone status: Unrattled.

Sitting Pyro is going to be a taunt? Yes, please!

grD4HfP.gif

While I wish you could hold it like a high five, it doesn't look like it works that way.

Another post-update fix inbound.

- Fixed a client crash caused by low detail skeletons
- Fixed a dedicated server crash related to gamestats
- Fixed a dedicated server crash caused by the payload carts getting stuck
- Fixed green zombies not spawning on Linux dedicated servers
- Fixed broken melee animations for some all-class weapons
- Fixed players being able to issue the "boo" command when they are not ghosts
- Fixed cloaked Spies losing their spells if they attempted to cast them while cloaked
- Fixed the stealth spell only lasting for 2 seconds instead of 8 seconds
- Fixed players keeping their spells if they were rolling for them while leaving hell
- Fixed not switching back to the normal weapon if a spell was cast while standing on another spell
- Updated spells so they cannot be deflected

Another post-update fix inbound.

• Fixed a client crash caused by low detail skeletons
  • Fixed a dedicated server crash related to gamestats
  • Fixed a dedicated server crash caused by the payload carts getting stuck
  • Fixed green zombies not spawning on Linux dedicated servers
  • Fixed broken melee animations for some all-class weapons
  • Fixed players being able to issue the "boo" command when they are not ghosts
  • Fixed cloaked Spies losing their spells if they attempted to cast them while cloaked
  • Fixed the stealth spell only lasting for 2 seconds instead of 8 seconds
  • Fixed players keeping their spells if they were rolling for them while leaving hell
  • Fixed not switching back to the normal weapon if a spell was cast while standing on another spell
  • Updated spells so they cannot be deflected

Quoting because I'm a turd and started a new page. Thanks, Tomato!

Bones will never be rattled again.

so apparently the transmogrifyers keep the kind of what they change like a haunted is still haunted but that also means that selfmade's can be changed to other items

I honestly really really enjoy the update, but the Halloween restriction bears its ugly head again and for some items it's just nonsensical. How is it out of character for Scout to wear a hockey mask? Or any class to wear a medieval helmet??? I can get why you can't wear stuff like the bird head all year but some of these are far more normal then the stuff that isn't restricted.

I honestly really really enjoy the update, but the Halloween restriction bears its ugly head again and for some items it's just nonsensical. How is it out of character for Scout to wear a hockey mask? Or any class to wear a medieval helmet??? I can get why you can't wear stuff like the bird head all year but some of these are far more normal then the stuff that isn't restricted.

From the Sept 18th post.

We're only going to ship items marked with a "Halloween 2013" tag, so remember to tag your holiday-themed items when you submit them. (You can re-upload old Halloween items that weren't accepted last time and mark them with the "Halloween 2013" tag for reconsideration.)

Also remember that anything you submit with this tag will be restricted to Halloween and Full Moons. And because it's restricted to Halloween and Full Moons, get creative! The tonal restrictions we normally ask our Workshoppers to observe with TF2 items don't really apply to a holiday where wizards and bomb books regularly attack from glowing skull islands, so if there's anything crazy you've been itching to make, now's the time.

In other words, blame the creators of the items.

Yet another patch. Hooray for bugfixes!

- Fixed a dedicated server crash related to players becoming ghosts in hell
- Fixed a dedicated server crash related to spellbooks and switching weapons
- Updated materials for the following items: Caffeine Cooler, Tartan Spartan, Carrion Companion, Sackcloth Spook, and the Pin Pals
- Updated the Crusader's Crossbow
- Fixed an exploit related to switching weapons
- Reduced damage from 75 to 50
- Lower reload time from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds

Updated the Crusader's Crossbow

- Fixed an exploit related to switching weapons
- Reduced damage from 75 to 50
- Lower reload time from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds

huh so they pretty much made it into the exploit speed now without having to switch weapons.

from the sfm thread

Hm, doesn't quite have the polish of other official videos. I can see why it might have been scrapped. It's still really good though.

Hm, doesn't quite have the polish of other official videos. I can see why it might have been scrapped. It's still really good though.

Probably wasn't finished on time and/or scrapped when they changed the main focus to the Mann Bros.

Apparently, there are now four confirmed spell types in the spellbook: Audere, Congeriae, Gratanter, and Tumidum.

The beginning letter of those four spells correlate with Adenine, Cytosine, Guanine, and Thymine, the bases of DNA.

Conspiracy hat? I say yes.