• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 nosoop

nosoop

in ur vps, wreckin' ur stuf

• Members
  • 2740 posts

Posted November 25 2013 - 10:18 PM

Crackpot and Survival of the Fittest are my top two contenders for the Short category, though I feel that the latter used the time more effectively and had better cinematography overall.  No Hard Feelings is also pretty good.  The Mann Co. Symphony is wildly different from the other entries, so I can't compare.

For Action, I'd go with Chinatown Getaway and Lil' Guardian Pyro, too.  Heavy Hitting was a bit slow for me.  And I feel Wizard's Wrath suffers heavily from the poor framerate, more than the just "kinda" fleshed-out development.

Quest of the Demoknight isn't of exceptional visual quality, but hey, it's the Comedy category; the guy that made all those Team Service Announcements has got that down pretty well.  Office Fortress takes a while to pick up; it really starts becoming enjoyable halfway in.  Meet the Workshop has humor for the TF2 crowd, but that may or may not be a dead horse at this point.  Disruption just came off as weak.

Run and Till Death Do Us Part Two are my picks for Drama.  Frozen in Love was okay; definitely seemed like a lazy tactic with the time-freezing.  A Fragile Dream was, erm, something.

Overall, Lil' Guardian Pyro or Survival of the Fittest for this year.  Both deserve to win at their respective categories; who deserves Best Overall is debatable.

That's all I got.

#22 Mahbonk

Mahbonk

I don't think so

• Scrimmer
  • 4605 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Spy

Posted November 26 2013 - 04:03 PM

Winners are out.

http://www.sourcefil...om/saxxyawards/

Edited by Mahbonk, November 26 2013 - 04:04 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 K2.

K2.

Something witty

• Scrimmer
  • 2289 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Sniper

Posted November 26 2013 - 04:15 PM

well at least lil pyro won overall, i was hoping it would.

#24 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3955 posts

Posted November 26 2013 - 04:46 PM

Can't believe Mann. Co Symphony won the Short category. I didn't even think it had a chance.

I don't know how Till Death Do Us Part Two won, it wasn't valid to win (ads on the video)... but whatever.

Neat, I was right about the Action category and overall winner. Lil' Guardian Pyro deserved to win.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#25 Isotoxin

Isotoxin

I'M STILL FRESHER!

• TF2 Admins
  • 2069 posts
  • Scout, Pyro, Heavy

Posted November 26 2013 - 07:42 PM

This is a good representation of what I thought when Quest of the Demoknight didn't win Best Comedy.

But otherwise, still a good showing from everybody.

Edited by Isotoxin, November 26 2013 - 07:42 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TF2, Valve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users