Sign in to follow this  
Fat Cat

Bravely Default

Got my favorite class from the demo.

Cheese builds incoming.

it's the ninja

end of chapter 4/ semi missables spoilers

The vampire class is this games version of the blue mage.
after chapter 4 you wont be able to get some of the genomes(blue magic) until the bonus dungeon
most of them arent that great but there are a few like white wind, fireball and gastric juices that i think are amazing
theres also chomp for those who want to use big pharma to make money

end of chapter 4/ semi missables spoilers

The vampire class is this games version of the blue mage.

after chapter 4 you wont be able to get some of the genomes(blue magic) until the bonus dungeon

most of them arent that great but there are a few like white wind, fireball and gastric juices that i think are amazing

theres also chomp for those who want to use big pharma to make money

I accidentally skipped it and now I'm in Ch.5 but I heard this sidequest is really hard and I'm at level 55. Should I go for it immediately?

I accidentally skipped it and now I'm in Ch.5 but I heard this sidequest is really hard and I'm at level 55. Should I go for it immediately?

I cant say for sure but i think that they are harder in chapter 5 than in 4.

I had a hard time with the dragons to get into the castle and the vamp until i found out one thing

everything they do is considered a physical attack so a party full of ninjas using Utsusemi(lvl 4) basically make you invulnerable

red mages turn tables(lvl 4) you will be able to attack with the extra bp it gives per evasion

DeRosso is able to use a gravity based spell but that wont be able to kill you

jobs lvls are more important than base lvl for the most part, with the right set up you should be able to handle most everything

Just found that sound/linked horizon had already done a concert for bravely default

some of the songs sound amazing with vocals, makes me wonder if Revo originally made them with lyrics in mind

might be some spoilers if you understand jap or read the lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0SierJMbug

Edited by Meep XD

STAHP IT. I REALLY WANT TO CLICK THOSE.

The lyrics sound like they were omitted rather than tacked on later.

Edited by granola

I cant say for sure but i think that they are harder in chapter 5 than in 4.

I had a hard time with the dragons to get into the castle and the vamp until i found out one thing

everything they do is considered a physical attack so a party full of ninjas using Utsusemi(lvl 4) basically make you invulnerable

red mages turn tables(lvl 4) you will be able to attack with the extra bp it gives per evasion

DeRosso is able to use a gravity based spell but that wont be able to kill you

jobs lvls are more important than base lvl for the most part, with the right set up you should be able to handle most everything

I'll definitely start leveling up my jobs more now that JP are much more common even though I have been linking them for a while now.

I mean hell I just started rebuilding norende because I completely forgot about that rebuilding sleep mode minigame. But since I have streetpassed like over 100 guys the process to max level my buildings is a lot faster

STAHP IT. I REALLY WANT TO CLICK THOSE.

Your temptations are delicious

1r2ap8e.png

Y'all motherfuckers have been playing this game obsessively. You've all caught up with me.

I'm stuck at the 3rd crystal boss. Any tips?

Y'all motherfuckers have been playing this game obsessively. You've all caught up with me.

When it transforms, meaning in the vulnerable state, it will unleash an energy burst after that turn. So make sure you have a lot of hp and default that turn. You can also equip a shield right before the energy burst and unequip it after if you want extra damage to help you survive the attack. If he's in that invulnerable state, items will damage him so Salvemaker is good.

Edited by kingddd

When it transforms, meaning in the vulnerable state, it will unleash an energy burst after that turn. So make sure you have a lot of hp and default that turn. You can also equip a shield right before the energy burst and unequip it after if you want extra damage to help you survive the attack. If he's in that invulnerable state, items will damage him so Salvemaker is good.

that's ass

will try later

oh wow, i actually got the glitched elixir Mammon nemesis.. to bad it dont need money anymore

Y'all motherfuckers have been playing this game obsessively.

considering i already beat the game... yeah

aside from what king said above for the boss,

its weak to lightning

i think poison can effect him when the shield is up

energy burst is a physical move

One thing I feel is missing is the arithmetician class (favorite jerb in tactics). I understand why it won't work with BD, but if they're going to continue this series, I hope they release a BD: Tactics or something. 

Question about support abilities: 

I have them unlocked, but they're greyed out even though I have the space for it. Why is this?

Edited by granola

Question about support abilities: 

I have them unlocked, but they're greyed out even though I have the space for it. Why is this?

can you give an example of which ones are greyed out?

job and abilities you have equiped might help me as well

the only thing i can think of is that you are trying to equip an ability that is either already equipped or the job has as its specialty

That is most likely the case. Either they are (a) already equipped because you are in that same class that already contains that ability passively or (b ) it requires 2 or more slots and the other slots are filled.

EDIT: Got Swordmaster. Was stuck in the Fire Temple boss for the longest time because Hard Mode is a bitch.

Edea doesn't look like a Swordmaster in that job. She looks like she's going to the prom.

(b ) it requires 2 or more slots and the other slots are filled.

I know how to math you dingus. 

I got it, it was (a) of what you said.

Edited by granola

Finally beat Chaugmar without any of my party members being dead at the end of the fight, woo!

I was breezing through the game thus far, to the point where I forgot to set up before boss fights (modifying Specials, changing one party member to main White Mage so she could use staffs, using summons...)

I hope the difficulty keeps up like this.

Finally beat Chaugmar without any of my party members being dead at the end of the fight, woo!

I was breezing through the game thus far, to the point where I forgot to set up before boss fights (modifying Specials, changing one party member to main Monk so she could use staffs, using summons...)

I hope the difficulty keeps up like this.

The game is much harder if you don't equip shields.  Later bosses just become bullshit if you don't have the proper jobs.  Ringabell has died so much on me because I kept giving him evasion jobs like Ninja and Theif but even then 90% of the time he never dodges jackshit even with a high evasion value.

Also finally 100% rebuild norende.  Come to me overpriced costumes.  Now I'm in ch. 5 the enemies give you so much money when you're a merchant.  Like holy crap.  I unlocked the give 1.5 money for any class support and I'm in ringing in dosh.

Edited by kingddd

The thing about evasion is I dont think that skills, either used by bosses or yourself, check for accuracy.

My pirate Edea using a giant axe(60 accuracy) has never missed when using any of her skills

Also most shields acutally give a bit of evasion

The thing about evasion is I dont think that skills, either used by bosses or yourself, check for accuracy.

My pirate Edea using a giant axe(60 accuracy) has never missed when using any of her skills

Also most shields acutally give a bit of evasion

Just looked it up and apparently all evasion does is to lower multiple hits based on RNG higher values.  So if the enemy does one giant attack it won't do jack.

Edited by kingddd

Finally got my Monk mastered. Now he's a truck with no equipment, so more like a go-cart. 

Off to fight 

Ch. 4 spoilers

batman. I mean the dark knight

Just looked it up and apparently all evasion does is to lower multiple hits based on RNG higher values.  So if the enemy does one giant attack it won't do jack.

You're better off using the Ninja's utsusemi for all physical attacks, and the Swordmaster's Before Swine for magical.

Speaking of, there is nothing more fun than having FOUR FREAKING NINJAS. Dual-wield, Spear Lore, and Special attacks all the time.

Ch. 6 spoilers: 

YOU'RE KIDDING ME. AGAIN. I HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN. COME ONNNN. 

This is padding to a ridiculous degree. I'm a butt and have to get rid of all of the blue ! to progress. It's a bad mental block.

Ch. 6 spoilers: 

YOU'RE KIDDING ME. AGAIN. I HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN. COME ONNNN. 

This is padding to a ridiculous degree. I'm a butt and have to get rid of all of the blue ! to progress. It's a bad mental block.

...ning ...ood morning.

welcome to the groundhog day loop

at least theres some differences this time around, not much but still there

also have a look at the title screen

...ning ...ood morning.

welcome to the groundhog day loop

at least theres some differences this time around, not much but still there

also have a look at the title screen

where did it go, what. WHAT. IS GOING ON.

:I

why didn't they give us the blue chest key the first time we looped. now I have to go and find them all. :I

I'm done, I have to take a break or I'll go insane. I've been trying to tank through it but this is just making me not want to play.

Edited by granola

I'm done, I have to take a break or I'll go insane. I've been trying to tank through it but this is just making me not want to play.

for when you continue and get to the next chapter

you are most likely going to want to start stealing from the bosses

in chpater 7, the bosses have equipment that are usually limited in quantity(1-2)

with theifs rob blind support, you can get an additional of each of them