Sign in to follow this  
Fat Cat

Bravely Default

Anybody know if Agnes has a pun or meaning to her first name? i know oblige means well... oblige.

the other 3 party members full names are puns so i would assume she does as well

It's not a pun, but the names were chosen for a reason.

Agnes root word is Greek, which means 'pure' or 'chaste'. The last name is self-explanatory.

Still in Chapter 4 sadly. Progress is kinda slow because Hard Mode is finally kicking my ass around a bit so I had to do a training montage.

Some of the enemies later really expect you to have some coherent or intelligently-based handful of jobs to deal with a situation. But I said 'screw you', I'll have 4 Performers if I freaking want to.

In beginning of Ch.6

please don't tell me you have to do the same shit for the next 2 chapters.  This is getting ridonculous and really bad padding.  I heard it gets better in Ch.7 to 8 but still.

In beginning of Ch.6

please don't tell me you have to do the same shit for the next 2 chapters.  This is getting ridonculous and really bad padding.  I heard it gets better in Ch.7 to 8 but still.

thats how the games story goes

chapter 7 and 8 changes things with the asterisk holders but ths story is the same, go awaken the crystals

you could always do the normal ending

by breaking a crystal

you will be sent back to right before you broke it when you finish the normal ending

thats how the games story goes

chapter 7 and 8 changes things with the asterisk holders but ths story is the same, go awaken the crystals

you could always do the normal ending

by breaking a crystal

you will be sent back to right before you broke it when you finish the normal ending

Well fuck...guess I'm just going to try and finish the game as fast as possible because I just want to find out what happens at this point. I'm really curious about Ringabell's visions right now. The game really took a nose after this.  I was gonna give it a 8.5/10 until this happened.  I'm at a 7.5 at this point.

Well fuck...guess I'm just going to try and finish the game as fast as possible because I just want to find out what happens at this point. I'm really curious about Ringabell's visions right now. The game really took a nose after this.  I was gonna give it a 8.5/10 until this happened.  I'm at a 7.5 at this point.

It feels like shameless padding

as much as i disliked the main story in chapters 6-8, i did like the sidequests in 7-8 and 6 had some ok dialogs with the asterisk holders as well as the conjurer sidequest

Why do I keep opening this thread when the whole thing is spoilers and I don't have the game yet

best blank card in CaH is Fox McCrits handsdown.

PALPATINE IS BEHIND IT ALL.

These aren't actually spoilers at all you say? 

This is a test of what spoilers Fox clicks on, if any. 

:>

Edited by granola

Time Mage/White Mage

Kind of interesting, actually. I love playing the healer. Don't know much about time mages though, they look like a support class and I do also enjoy playing general support.

Hate the white mage outfits. The time mage looks cool though, so do the dark knight and male valkyrie outfits.

Ending spoiler

i just did the false ending and one gripe I have is, how would I have figured out to do that without hints from others? I would have been tempted to ignore orders, but not unless it's obvious a lot more content would come of it. The title screen is so much cooler now. I was vague with how to get the false ending in case someone took a peek at my spoiler before getting an ending, like a dingus.

nvm, there are some hints

Edited by granola

Got the Vampire asterisk. Holy crap, the lead-up to this guy is freaking HARD. Six dragons, his long-ass castle, and his attack that either does 0 damage or kills characters that I don't really understand what it does. But whatever, I beat him!

Why is this guy a sidequest? Not only is he the most badass dude so far, his backstory pretty much explains EVERYTHING important. I learned more about the story through this sidequest than most of the game.

If you've gotten to Ch. 6

Stick with it, I know it feels like Groundhog day to the max, but certain revelations made me want to continue. 

Edited by granola

Gonna say it right now: VAMPIRE SUCKS no pun intended

I really hate Blue Magic where I have to get hit by the ability to get it, which pretty much means I have to either (a) get hit by everything or (b ) look up an FAQ, which pretty much kills the fun of hunting for them.

Really wish they made it like the Lancet in FFX. I'm a freaking Vampire goddamnit, I should just SUCK the ability out of them or something.

I really hate Blue Magic where I have to get hit by the ability to get it, which pretty much means I have to either (a) get hit by everything or (b ) look up an FAQ, which pretty much kills the fun of hunting for them.

or you could go through the bestiary and look for <move name> in an entry to see which monsters have a genome ability

DeRosso isnt really a vampire either, just someone who has lived for 2400 years

vamp is very versatile job thats able to heal, elemental attacks, status effects, debuff enemies, buff himself

since all genomes are physical attacks except the secret ones you get from nemisis, it makes a very good secondary job for a physical attacker

... i might be a bit biased as ive always love blue magic, no mater the aquesition method

at least taking the hit is better than having to eat the enemy in ff9

at least taking the hit is better than having to eat the enemy in ff9

Actually, I liked eating people in FFIX. Eating is pretty easy and I pretty much collected all the Blue Magic without effort. Or like in FFVII with the Enemy Skill materia, since I can just give it to everyone and it takes one slot, and the enemies love to cast their enemy skills anyway.

Though I tried looking through the Bestiary with the method you recommended. Didn't even notice all those skills with the <x> on them. Good call. That should make hunting them somewhat easier, though I don't think the bestiary tells you where they can be found. STILL, I think looking for Blue Magic is a lot more fun in a New Game+ since I'll have the Vampire right off the bat and going through the game naturally.

beaten the game

THAT FINAL BOSS MUSIC!!! SOOOO GOOOOOOD ALKSJFOEIQJF*)#IRJ#RIDSLDKFMLKJF#()JF!!!!

also granola and ducky's world ablink in cutscenes.

BneNqHI.jpg