Public changelog specifically dedicated to adding, removing, and updating maps as well as in relation to various plugins such as the Themes map whitelist and the UMC lists.
Server Maps Changelog
Posted July 08 2014 - 03:04 PM
cp_whitewash_b3 to cp_whitewash_b6
Updated the whitelist to reflect the newly added maps as well as backlog of newer maps from the last couple of months or missed version updates/name changes.
Added the new maps to the UMC lists, as well as fixed some missing maps due to name changes from version updates.
Old versions of maps we have new versions for, plus not drastically different, new, or majority unlikable between versions such as with Cashworks
Posted July 12 2014 - 04:57 PM
pl_alpen_b2a to pl_alpen_rc1
cp_metalworks_b22 to cp_metalworks_rc5
cp_crossiant_rc6 to cp_crossiant_final
UMC & Themes
Added quite a few older maps to the UMC vote/nominations list as well as to the Themes whitelist.
Found a few more duplicate outdated maps and not including older version of maps that were recently updated till we're sure on stability and playability
Posted July 13 2014 - 06:03 PM
Experimenting with some adjustments to see how it effects map selection and variability. These changes are temporary to test how well they work as well as player feedback.
Reintroduced weights on various maps to reduce how often they come up in map voting.
Turned tier voting back on. Players vote for a gametype first followed by a map.
Added old player min/max count to a very few maps that are rather large or small. I'll see about adding more later to maps its appropriate for.
Posted July 19 2014 - 06:37 PM
cp_ironbowl_b7 to cp_ironbowl_b8
cp_mojave_b1 to cp_mojave_b2
Minor adjustments for testing purposes. Group->Map voting didn't seem to do a whole lot and throwing up a new map group to get feedback on those maps and the group itself.
Turned Group->Map tier voting back off in favor of just normal map voting. Didn't seem to effect much other than certain categories being barely voted on.
Added a temporary mapgroup called "Vintage Maps" with a map invote of 1, so least one map of this group will always show up on the vote list. For more information please read this topic.
Turned off post group exclusion and turned on on map prefix exclusion due to the above mapgroup testing. Should work very similarly without having to use groups for gametype cooldowns and mostly just to make it easier to implement the temporary group.
Posted July 23 2014 - 11:16 PM
koth_switcheroo_b2 [VINTAGE] -- By demand from today's play testing and through some map entity tinkering, the cap time on this map has been reduced to 2 for the server. Two what, you say? I have no idea, but it's down to that. It's not 1 -- Garbage Day levels of cap time, but 2. So yeah; play it again and see how you guys feel about it now, since the vote could've gone either way earlier. Open to tweaking this value with more playtesting.
Heavy emphasis that the change was made server-side and not on the downloaded map itself, so you won't be seeing this kind of cap speed on this map on other servers.
Posted July 27 2014 - 08:26 PM
Made a minor change to UMC to now have a runoff vote if none of the maps voted on are below 40%. If none of the maps voted on have 40% or more of the vote a second vote will be called on between the top three maps. The winner of that vote will be the map selected for the next map and the runnoff vote is only done once.
Posted July 28 2014 - 10:52 PM
I'm sure you noticed already, but late note so you know who to blame.
Updated displayed names for map votes. Instead of stuff like cp_well, pl_cactuscanyon, and koth_moonshine_rc, it will now be displayed in votes as "Well (CP, Stock)", "Cactus Canyon (Payload, Beta)" and "Moonshine (KOTH)", respectively. Naming conventions are as follows:
I also just patched up the nomination plugin to sort by display name instead of map name, so if there's any problems with nomination, blame me.
- Game modes: Attack / Defend are "CP"; Steel and similar maps are also currently tagged as "CP". Linear Control Point maps are "nCP", where n is the number of control points (e.g., "Oil Field (3CP)", "Croissant (5CP)", "Goldrock Gulch (7CP)"). Domination maps such as Standin are labeled as "nCP Domination". King of the Hill is labeled "KOTH". Other recognized game modes are labeled with their full names: "Payload", "Payload Race", and "Arena". Custom game modes include things like "Tug-of-War Payload" and "A/D CTF".
- Map types: Official Valve maps are labeled as being "Stock", official Beta maps are labeled as "Beta", and custom maps have no special tag. Version numbers are not listed unless we are running multiple versions of the map, which is the case with Toy Fort.
- Vintage maps are still tagged as "[VINTAGE]" while we continue to prune the map list.
- Proper map names are used when possible, such as "Badwater Basin" and "Eyeaduct" instead of "Badwater" and "Viaduct Event".
cp_glassworks_b4 to cp_glassworks_b5
Posted November 21 2014 - 01:56 PM
- Increased weighting of all stock maps to 5.0 excluding the two official beta maps.
- Custom maps by default are now weighted at 0.5 excluding those with prior set weights lower than 0.5.
- Vintage tagged custom maps are now weighted to 0.05.
Posted July 01 2015 - 09:29 PM
- Added Workshop map variants where applicable.
- Set up Borneo, Suijin (KOTH), and Snowplow to use the stock variant one the new TF2 update goes live.
- Added Powerhouse to the list in prep for tomorrows update.
- Deleted custom map variants of Borneo, Suijin (excluding the Arena variant), and Snowplow to prevent mixups with fuzzy map searching.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users