Sign in to follow this  
kingddd

Don't Do It Main Character

16 members have voted

1. 1. Kill the Villain?

• Spare the villain
    • Kill the villain

You know you don't want to kill me, we're not so different after all.

SUDDENLY PLOT TWIST!!!

The bad guy is actually the good guy, and you are the evil twin.

Main reason I can't enjoy Batman.

At least he's mortal, unlike superdupes

At least he's mortal, unlike superdupes

I don't follow.

Let's put the bad guy in a jail he can easily escape, so he can go back to be a murderous asshole and restore the status quo

Let's put the bad guy in a jail he can easily escape, so he can go back to be a murderous asshole and restore the status quo

I mean capital punishment is a thing BUT HE'S A MADMAN AND HE CAN'T BE CHARGED WITH MASS MURDER BECAUSE HE'S INSANE so let's just put it back to that asylum where EVERY SINGLE BAD GUY IS where he will surely reform himself.

If the villain has escaped from prison 100 times, I think an exception should be made.

We can always hold them in mid air staring at them readying our punch

You guys forget that Batman actually does end up killing Joker. Though that's later on when he's pretty much an old man, but still quite capable of stuff and things.

It's actually mainly Batman arguing to himself because deep down he realizes he's just as insane as the criminals he chases, so he knows because his mental state is very weak if he does he really will go down that path. :U

As I recall there actually was an Elseworld where Batman did kill Joker. It created a big power surge and crime pretty much died down and Gotham became a Utopia.

It's actually mainly Batman arguing to himself because deep down he realizes he's just as insane as the criminals he chases, so he knows because his mental state is very weak if he does he really will go down that path. :U

yeah. I still like some of batman's things (the animated series was godly and arkham asylum was pretty amazing) but in the end 99% of gotham's problems would be solved if you just kill the joker. 

also, in contrast with batman, I absolutely love the joker because he knows batman can't kill him for that reason you said and I think he even knows no one else can kill him in some sort of fourth wall breaking (in a way he knows he is just an endless story with batman), so he takes advantage of it and is a dick to Batman to try to bring him to his side.

yeah. I still like some of batman's things (the animated series was godly and arkham asylum was pretty amazing) but in the end 99% of gotham's problems would be solved if you just kill the joker. 

also, in contrast with batman, I absolutely love the joker because he knows batman can't kill him for that reason you said and I think he even knows no one else can kill him in some sort of fourth wall breaking (in a way he knows he is just an endless story with batman), so he takes advantage of it and is a dick to Batman to try to bring him to his side.

It depends really. I could see the weaker villains like Penguin and Scarecrow baacking off, but big hitters like Bane, Killer Croc, Ra's probably wouldn't. Plus Harley herself would either back down or go absolutely nuts, that could be a problem as she's came closer to killing Batman than Joker ever did...

Joker's strength, especially with Mark Hamill as he pretty much brought the character to life, is the fact that he's such a horrible person yet you just can't help but find him so amusing. He steals the show. That's likely a good fourth wall reason to not kill Joker really, why kill off such an entertaining villain? Really, Batman has this problem in spades, I don't think any comic character has such a good rouges gallery.

It depends really. I could see the weaker villains like Penguin and Scarecrow baacking off, but big hitters like Bane, Killer Croc, Ra's probably wouldn't. Plus Harley herself would either back down or go absolutely nuts, that could be a problem as she's came closer to killing Batman than Joker ever did...

Joker's strength, especially with Mark Hamill as he pretty much brought the character to life, is the fact that he's such a horrible person yet you just can't help but find him so amusing. He steals the show. That's likely a good fourth wall reason to not kill Joker really, why kill off such an entertaining villain? Really, Batman has this problem in spades, I don't think any comic character has such a good rouges gallery.

it would still solve most problems in gotham. And with the Joker gone, Harley would also stop (Batman Beyond proved this). 

But yeah I agree, the Joker is one of the best characters and he can be written in a way that you just can't help but be amused by him. The problem is that the story it all comes down to Batman never killing the joker and the joker taking advantage of this and keep creating chaos to try to bring Batman down to his level. I'm not saying it's bad because it can be done in an interesting way. My problem probably is that I just don't like toxic mentality of keeping that which brings you trouble around. It's like an abusive relationship, you know it's doing you harm but you can't just quit it.