#1 kingddd

kingddd

Dorky Avatar

• Members
  • 9355 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 02:53 PM

http://www.thedenver...way-and-mineral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg3ZAJTzavo#t=139

GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo. - An online gamer's video shows the moment armed officers burst into an office in Littleton Wednesday afternoon to investigate a report of an "active shooter." The report proved to be false, but the investigation caused nearby schools to enact security procedures and businesses to be evacuated.
Officers were searching the office buildings at West Mineral Avenue and Broadway after a report of an active shooter, but found no evidence of a shooting. They now suspect this was a false report and are searching for the person who used a landline phone to call in the hoax.

7NEWS was on the second floor of one of the buildings as employees were being questioned at a production company that specializes in video game-related content. According online business listings, the company is called The Creatures LLC.

That business is named in a video posted Wednesday that purports to show SWAT entering their office. The video, which was apparently recorded from a gamer's previous live stream, was posted to YouTube Wednesday afternoon.

The video first referred to 7NEWS was removed just before 4 p.m., but at least one other version was also posted.

The 6-minute video clearly shows a man, who uses the online moniker "Kootra" on other social media accounts associated with The Creatures. In a corner of the frame, Kootra is shown with a microphone and headphones. The rest of the frame shows the video game he was playing.

As the video starts, Kootra is looking over his shoulder at the door.

"Uh oh, this isn't good," he said. "They're clearing rooms. What in the world? I think we're getting swatted."

"Swatting" refers to a prank phone call that causes a SWAT team to respond. The intention is presumably to interrupt a business or cause other problems.

About 26 seconds into original video reviewed by 7NEWS, Kootra removes his headphones as officers burst in and order him to raise his hands. They are clearly armed, pointing weapons at him and ordering him to the ground.

In the next few seconds, Kootra is searched on the ground.

An officer asks "What about this is funny to you?"

"What? I'm not doing anything that is funny," he responds.

Eventually, the officers help Kootra to stand and he is searched again before being seated in a chair.

The second half of the video shows Kootra sitting in the chair with his hands restrained behind his back, talking with the officers.

At about 3 minutes into the video, Kootra can be heard telling the officers that the office contains some "fake prop guns." Meanwhile, the video game fills the majority of the frame and other players can be heard talking about attacking the character Kootra was controlling.

Police later told 7NEWS that checking simulated weapons in a gamer's office slowed the pace of their search in the office building.

What do you guys think as more police prank calls are on the rise just because of random guys streaming themselves playing video games?

Edited by kingddd, August 27 2014 - 02:59 PM.

yVRxnqJ.png

-------------------------------------------------

Youtube Channel

Steam Community

#2 Fox McSpark

Fox McSpark

Go read something else, would ya?

• TF2 Admins
  • 1228 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Sniper, Medic, Spy

Posted August 27 2014 - 03:02 PM

The fact that people are prank calling the Police at all is fucking bullshit.

Axel: The answer, of course, is that Gabe newell doesn't give a fuck

Werefox McCrits: Never realised how much you HATE HIGH-5S
Gelg: My brother died in the Pacific High 5 War of '76
Gelg: I... just can't.
Werefox McCrits: I'm so sorry

#3 U+5384

U+5384

Purple Conspiracy

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 03:17 PM

Whilst at a height of police distrust and during a Counter-Strike stream; the timing of this can't get any more stupid.

Edited by U+5384, August 27 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#4 HatTheTurtle

HatTheTurtle

Holding that L since 20XX

• Scrim Admins
  • 2333 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 03:17 PM

Police later told 7NEWS that checking simulated weapons in a gamer's office slowed the pace of their search in the office building.

As if something would've come out of it if they weren't there? This entire situation is so ridiculous \o/

#5 William Dogood

William Dogood

I post a lot!

• Administrators
  • 5771 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 03:20 PM

William Dogood: No...not the juice!

M31: That's not what Hitler said.

esiObC2.gif

#6 FlippyWarbear

FlippyWarbear

Grumpy Finn

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Sniper

Posted August 27 2014 - 04:06 PM

Jesus christ, thats sick.

#7 Mork

Mork

Resident Alien

• Scrimmer
  • 3330 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 06:34 PM

good thing he kept a cool head --- i would've been so pissed.

and lucky that it was swat not the sheriff dept. just for precision's sake!

and can you imagine K9 units with this?

colorado cops doesn't fuck around these days, i'm glad that ended rather well.

#8 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3953 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 07:51 PM

I really hate that people call this a prank or 'swatting' or anything like that, that gives it validity. It's felony and the people that do it should be locked up. It's not cool, clever or funny. Not only could it cause serious psychological harm (a team of people outfitted to kill breaking into your home for no reason?), someone could be legitimately killed. The police aren't known for being gentle or understanding (unfortunately, first hand experience there). The person making this call is basically playing russian roulette with the life of the person they're sicking the police on. If that person was killed, the person making the call should be charged with murder.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#9 Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Duck Overlord

• Scrimmer
  • 3844 posts
  • Soldier, Engineer, Medic

Posted August 28 2014 - 12:16 AM

I really hate that people call this a prank or 'swatting' or anything like that, that gives it validity. It's felony and the people that do it should be locked up. It's not cool, clever or funny. Not only could it cause serious psychological harm (a team of people outfitted to kill breaking into your home for no reason?), someone could be legitimately killed. The police aren't known for being gentle or understanding (unfortunately, first hand experience there). The person making this call is basically playing russian roulette with the life of the person they're sicking the police on. If that person was killed, the person making the call should be charged with murder.

This. Also, it costs money and time to send cops to these false calls -- time and money that could be saving another person's life somewhere. It's like how people call 911 for stupid reasons. Someone else's life could be on the line here.

#10 K2.

K2.

Something witty

• Scrimmer
  • 2289 posts
  • Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Sniper

Posted August 28 2014 - 03:59 PM

yeah this freaks me out that this is a thing now because whats next after this. im pretty sure the only reason this could happen is because all the creatures put there real address on things so not hard to guess where there office is.

#11 William Dogood

William Dogood

I post a lot!

• Administrators
  • 5771 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 01:37 PM

Little shit getting charged with domestic terrorism, 25 years to life.

Sh2PQ8u.png

http://nationalrepor...stic-terrorism/

esiObC2.gif

#12 Toamto

Toamto

tromboner

• Administrators
  • 1920 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 01:52 PM

Little shit getting charged with domestic terrorism, 25 years to life.

You know that's a satire news site, right?

#13 William Dogood

William Dogood

I post a lot!

• Administrators
  • 5771 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 02:46 PM

Apparently I did not.

lol

esiObC2.gif

#14 Cedarbox

Cedarbox

Married to a skeleton. Platonically.

• Members
  • 3953 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 06:47 PM

You know that's a satire news site, right?

Apparently I did not.

lol

Sad part is that could actually happen if you pull that on the wrong person.

There once was a kitty named Tomo
As famous on the Internet as Domo
But his face got all shitty
Because he's a bad kitty
And now he's washed up like Rivers Cuomo

#15 Mork

Mork

Resident Alien

• Scrimmer
  • 3330 posts

Posted September 01 2014 - 12:54 PM

yeah that's dylan schumaker, convicted for 2nd degree murder of an infant he was babysitting.

the guy you want is paul horner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users