Sign in to follow this  
granola

Brawl: Game of its Decade?

Brawl?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Brawl the Best Game of its Decade?

• Yes
    • No

My roommate asserts that Brawl was the game of its decade and that no other game can come close to it. His argument is that it's a game that we still play (I don't count that since we play PM and not vanilla) and that it's godtier. I'm not convinced. Sure it's a great game, but I wouldn't call it the best game of that time. 2007/8 had some of the best game releases. 

"God tier" is subjective, so I'll just defenestrate that right now.

Replayability is nice, but that alone shouldn't make game of the decade.

I can't argue any other games since the only thing I've played within the last five years is TF2, so I'll leave myself out of that.  Except mention Halo 2, I guess.

No, but it was fun.

How do we measure the game of the decade, anyway? If we go by game sales CoD and GTA blew the roof off anything. If we go by playerbase, Tetris takes the cake.

No, but it was fun.

How do we measure the game of the decade, anyway? If we go by game sales CoD and GTA blew the roof off anything. If we go by playerbase, Tetris takes the cake.

cookie clicker made more cookies than any other game. that's a game of the decade.

on a serious note, no. Brawl is fun, it had a good run but there are a lot of things that made it not as good as it could've been. For game of the decade I'd say a game that broke all speculations and kept going on with the good stuff. It's hard to decide what it could be, I'd keep the opinion to myself because no matter what people won't agree on that.

Not even remotely close.
Game of the decade meaning 2004-2014? Yeah nah WoW came out in 04 and numerous other amazing games (Demon's Souls comes to mind) have come out in the interim. Brawl is fun yeah but it's nowhere near game of the decade.