• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 William Dogood

William Dogood

I post a lot!

• Administrators
  • 5771 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 10:50 PM

Don't know if anyone else is playing but I'm making a topic for possible discussion and posting some tips that I don't recall being explained in the game!

Gestures are bound to the d-pad, you can change them in options. By default holding Down will make you sit which will recover your stamina a bit faster.

Hold X to skip through dialogue automatically.

Press X when talking to your pets to invite them to your party.

Luck also increases the drop rate of rare items and your chance to craft higher quality crap.

You can use any skill you have while you're any other Life, although you can't use Life specific abilities while you aren't that life. Gatherers also get an extra drop from nodes when you actually play on that life.

You can craft out of storage, so just deposit your crafting crap.

There is unfortunately some day one DLC in the form of an expansion as well for 9 dollars. While the original Japanese game and its sequel were rolled into the game we get, the expansion was unfortunately not.

William Dogood: No...not the juice!

M31: That's not what Hitler said.

esiObC2.gif

#2 Ager

Ager

Shitposter extraordinaire

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted October 30 2014 - 02:32 AM

Kinda on the fence about this game.

Is the multiplayer cross-regional?

Is it even enjoyable in single-player?

#3 William Dogood

William Dogood

I post a lot!

• Administrators
  • 5771 posts

Posted October 30 2014 - 03:11 AM

I don't know if the multiplayer is cross region. It is much more of a single player affair than something like Monster Hunter though, I haven't even touched multi and I'm having a lot of fun with it and I don't really feel that multiplayer would add much to the game. It would certainly be fun, but it's clear that it's not a make or break experience.

esiObC2.gif

#4 granola

granola

ԅ། ・ิ _ʖ ・ิ །ง

• Members
  • 1501 posts
  • Spy

Posted November 02 2014 - 07:27 PM

I heard this game was like a portable skyrim. Any truth to that? 

I'm on the fence and the buy 2 get 1 free sale from Target has me wanting to get it. 

#5 William Dogood

William Dogood

I post a lot!

• Administrators
  • 5771 posts

Posted November 02 2014 - 09:20 PM

Spoiler:
ZSOHRQX.jpg

Really though, it's similar in some ways, particularly the skill system in that you get better at something by doing it, it's also open world with a ton of side quests, minus needing to complete the story to open most of it up. Progression is more in line with Monster Hunter though in that you spend most of your time hunting resources to create and improve your gear. You can typically buy equipment you'll need, but it's expensive and low quality. You can always buy your new sword, but it won't ever be as good as your +3 sword of fire that you can make.

esiObC2.gif

#6 granola

granola

ԅ། ・ิ _ʖ ・ิ །ง

• Members
  • 1501 posts
  • Spy

Posted November 02 2014 - 09:24 PM

Spoiler:
ZSOHRQX.jpg

Really though, it's similar in some ways, particularly the skill system in that you get better at something by doing it, it's also open world with a ton of side quests, minus needing to complete the story to open most of it up. Progression is more in line with Monster Hunter though in that you spend most of your time hunting resources to create and improve your gear. You can typically buy equipment you'll need, but it's expensive and low quality. You can always buy your new sword, but it won't ever be as good as your +3 sword of fire that you can make.

I had MH: Freedom on PSP and I hated it for some reason. As long as the hunting is fun and the mechanics aren't sluggish I guess I'll be okay with it. 

#7 William Dogood

William Dogood

I post a lot!

• Administrators
  • 5771 posts

Posted November 02 2014 - 09:52 PM

It's certainly not as hardcore as Monster Hunter. Although the combat certainly isn't the best, it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the whole experience, and gathering stuff to craft doesn't take long like in MH.

esiObC2.gif

#8 Ager

Ager

Shitposter extraordinaire

• Scrimmer
  • 6261 posts
  • Medic

Posted November 03 2014 - 09:18 AM

Ok, bought it, played for ten hours... And damn, this is fun! I'd compare it more to a portable Runescape, more than anything else.

It's sickeningly cutesy at first, but under that sugary glazing is a huge, huuuuge RPG. I always liked the collecting and crafting aspects of MMO's, so this is right up my alley.

The game can take a while to let you loose into the world, but you're only forced to follow the tutorial for your very first Life (ie profession/job/class). You can skip the tutorial quests for the others, but I played them anyway, since the writing is really enjoyable.

It's very laid back, and it has tons of content. This'll keep me occupied for a while.

#9 William Dogood

William Dogood

I post a lot!

• Administrators
  • 5771 posts

Posted November 03 2014 - 05:07 PM

Another tip. You can have three bounties following you at a time. If you leave one behind, it will stay there as long as it doesn't get killed. Even if you zone you can return to pick it up. I tend to leave them in a path I'm going to return to so I can pick it up later after I'm done adventuring.

esiObC2.gif

#10 granola

granola

ԅ། ・ิ _ʖ ・ิ །ง

• Members
  • 1501 posts
  • Spy

Posted November 03 2014 - 08:28 PM

I'm sold. I'll be getting it this weekend with the target deal. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users